Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Its time for Chabot to get his own thread.

He hasnt slowed down at all since game 1. and by every measure looks like hes a potential franchise dman out there. His skating and IQ are both off the charts good, and hes got those Karlsson-esque nerves of steel.

Hes currently leading the Sens in scoring with 15pts/12gp and in TOI. For a second year Dman, this is pretty damn crazy. Had we not seen him dominate the WJC like we did it might be harder to believe. But Im confident enough to say at this point that he is very much the real deal.

Once he gets stronger and more complete in his own end, which is not a huge area of concern to begin with, he could very easily be competing for Norris trophies as early as next year.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Its pretty much a small miracle that they found a new Karlsson immediately after losing Erik Karlsson.
Other than being aggressive offensively they don't relate to each other but I know what you mean

His continued emergence has definitely made the Karlsson trade a bit more palatable.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Only defender to ever win MVP at WJC.

Won CHL defender of the year while playing only 34(!!!) games the entire season. Put up unbelievable playoff performance same year 23 points in 18 games +29

Had rookie numbers similar to EK. I mean.. the guy is no EK but his pedigree screamed franchise defender in the making.

I think being in the system of a team that already had EK, and with previous bad memories of Ottawa hyping up d prospects that amounted to nothing (Rundblad and Cowen) he was heavily under appreciated across the league.

He is amazing.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I wish I caught more games, but just from point watching he’s having a phenomal season.

No shade but I don’t understand why Boston chose to draft Zboril above Chabot.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He might very well turn out to be the best Dman of the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad