Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wat. A. Gol.

At this pace he should be a Norris finalist.

There are 3 dmen with a better pts per game pace currently, there is no way he can overcome the lack of playoffs, or the +/- (ugh...) gap. If voting happened today, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was outside the top 3, in fact, I'd be a little surprised if he was a finalist.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
There are 3 dmen with a better pts per game pace currently, there is no way he can overcome the lack of playoffs, or the +/- (ugh...) gap. If voting happened today, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was outside the top 3, in fact, I'd be a little surprised if he was a finalist.
The 3 scoreless games against the Habs killed his statline. It also dropped his =/- big time. Wonder if it's his childhood team and he got the jitters or something

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hi Johansen, bye Johansen.*

*Johansen's filthy in his own right, so no one needs to get defensive.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If his play continues I think he will definitely be considered however I think it is Gio's year.

Norris used to be quite a conservative award, given out for defencemen who have "earned" it.

Regardless of whether Chabot deserves it or not, the voters will know that "he will have many more kicks at the can for it" so in the absence of a record-breaking Hart trophy performance from the usual suspects, they'll likely go for an older established guy with a good track record but has yet to earn one.

Gio has already probably won the Norris regardless of how the season finishes, barring injury.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
His snipe two games ago against Detroit was awesome. Crazy to think that only a few years ago in junior a big criticism of him was that he had a weak point shot, and now here we are a few year later and he has an absolute laser beam of a shot. Deadly accurate and he gets it through traffic.

With great shame, Im afraid to admit that I was one of the people ragging on him for his "muffin of a shot", I believe is how I put it....

He's going to be a better shooter than Karlsson was in his prime (who's real skill was getting pucks on net through holes), if he isnt already. As offensively terrifying as he is/was for opposing teams, Karlsson wasn't very scary to goalies when he was breaking in alone and had some space to shoot. He looked a bit lost tbh, and very rarely walked away with an actual goal on his own off the rush.

Which is also why it was hilarious and wrong when people called him a 4th forward and that he would be even better up front versus the blue line.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
With great shame, Im afraid to admit that I was one of the people ragging on him for his "muffin of a shot", I believe is how I put it....

He's going to be a better shooter than Karlsson was in his prime (who's real skill was getting pucks on net through holes), if he isnt already. As offensively terrifying as he is/was for opposing teams, Karlsson wasn't very scary to goalies when he was breaking in alone and had some space to shoot. He looked a bit lost tbh, and very rarely walked away with an actual goal on his own off the rush.

Which is also why it was hilarious and wrong when people called him a 4th forward and that he would be even better up front versus the blue line.

Right? Karlsson almost never goes below the opposition goal lines and never drives the net.

It actually annoyed me how he would curl around or take a weak shot from the boards when he could McDavid in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad