Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
haters can hate all they want, Ottawa seems like a easy to pick on team. I know it's only 22 games, but some recognition needs to be given. Kid has 22 points in 16 games on a supposedly not strong team.

his peers 2015 Peers

Hanifan 16 games 4 points
Provorov 16 games 6 points
Werenski 15 games 10 points.
Jakub Zboril 0 nhl games thus far.

Other young dmans
Aaron Ekblad 12 games 2 points
Seth Jones 8 games 5 points.

other notibles

Morgan Reiley 15 games 18 points
John Carlson 14 games 18 points
Brent Burns 15 games 18 points

these players play on contenders, but man, this kid is on fire. he's even outscoring fowards from his draft year, unreal.

Takes some of the sting out of getting fleeced for Karlsson.

Karlsson 7 points in 15 games -8
Dylan DeMelo 7 points in 15 games +6

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
16-5-17-22

This doesn't look flukey and looks more indicative of what he can do when he's hot. You watch the games and he just controls the play and wows you.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bobby Orr?? Pfffft.... Image if he broke a Morgan Rielly record!

You have no idea how much I cant wait for this season to be over and done with so that Chabot can have a go at that 5 game record to start the season next year. It's all about that 5 game start.

On a real note, lol, amazing what Chabot doing but I hope he can still manage to score over 50 this year, that would be incredible.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You have no idea how much I cant wait for this season to be over and done with so that Chabot can have a go at that 5 game record to start the season next year. It's all about that 5 game start.

On a real note, lol, amazing what Chabot doing but I hope he can still manage to score over 50 this year, that would be incredible.

i think he is a lock for 50 at this point, good bet he hits 60. Now if he hits 70 thats gonna be Norris discussion for sure.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
i think he is a lock for 50 at this point, good bet he hits 60. Now if he hits 70 thats gonna be Norris discussion for sure.
He still has to shoot at near 0.5ppg to get to 50 points. Which is hard for most forwards, let alone a defensemen. Wouldn't call him a lock quite yet. Guy could go Lajoie cold just as quickly.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Imagine if he was as good as Morgan Reilly though... maybe he would show up in the background during a Mark Masters interview.

Reactions: Daxi

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He still has to shoot at near 0.5ppg to get to 50 points. Which is hard for most forwards, let alone a defensemen. Wouldn't call him a lock quite yet. Guy could go Lajoie cold just as quickly.

Lajoie as much as I like his play, more so for how steady he has been rather than his offensive ability has been opportunistic, where as Chabot makes chances out of nothing. Lajoie waits until he see's an opening, Chabot makes an opening.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This guy is gonna be a a stud for a long time in this league. He is so poised with the puck. Excellent positioning on the defensive side of things.

Currently 1 point but been on ice for all 5 the sens goals tonight too

damn lol hes a plus 5. tbh this is a great example of why the stat is so flawed.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Sergachev's better guys, come on

Not at the moment. Sergachev has had a rough start to his sophomore year. He still sucks at board battles and still makes the occasional stupid defensive mistake. :P

Both the times the Lightning played Ottawa so far this season, Chabot was a force on the ice against us. First I'd really gotten to watch him and dang, he is a special one! Glad for our Expansion Bros! :DD

I'm surprised we still produce good hockey players in Quebec

Actually, the Lightning thank you and Quebec most deeply for Mathieu Joseph, Yanni Gourde, Cedric Paquette and Louis Domingue. ;)

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Not at the moment. Sergachev has had a rough start to his sophomore year. He still sucks at board battles and still makes the occasional stupid defensive mistake. :P

Both the times the Lightning played Ottawa so far this season, Chabot was a force on the ice against us. First I'd really gotten to watch him and dang, he is a special one! Glad for our Expansion Bros! :DD

Actually, the Lightning thank you and Quebec most deeply for Mathieu Joseph, Yanni Gourde, Cedric Paquette and Louis Domingue. ;)

Belated thank you's for St.Louis and Lecavalier?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Belated thank you's for St.Louis and Lecavalier?

Was just sticking with the current roster. ;)

But yes, we are deeply grateful for both #26 and #4. Hence why their numbers are the only ones the Lightning have retired so far. :heart:

Chabot has a very bright future ahead of him. Will be much fun to watch. :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad