Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
theres 60 minutes a game, karlsson would play 25, that still would have left more than enough ice time for Chabot. not to mention they would play together at the most critical times anyway.

the beauty of it would be that if one had an off night you still have another all star d to get through

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Is he better than Dahlin?? Who knows.

Is he better than Reilly?? Most likely.

Good for the Sens. Fan base deserves it in a real sense, not their fault a tard picked the Arena location and the owner is penny pinching.

So he's better than the guy leading all D in scoring who scored over 50 points last year playing top QoC, yet you don't know if he's better than a guy who has played 12 games as well? God you don't even make it hidden how obvious you hate the Leafs.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
It's almost like they didn't lose Karlsson's point production.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Seeing as the only time a player gets recognition is when he amasses points, Karlsson definitely would have in some way impacted Chabot’s coming out party.

Powerplay alone, only three players can get a point on a goal. If they deploy both Karlsson and Chabot, the chance of him getting a point decreases. Or if EK is on PP#1 that’ll decrease Chabot’s powerplay time.

Who knows though? Maybe Chabot may have 30 points this far into the season if Karlsson was still here. Either way, saying definitely that he would be doing the same if Karlsson was still here is ridiculous.

Reactions: sens13

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
seeing chabots jersey flutter as he carries the puck up the ice is one of the prettiest sights in hockey

Its a combo of that and his flow flapping around in the wind behind him. It just adds to his deceptive agility, fools be chasing hair while he's already heading down main street.

The swag is strong in this one. :nod:

Reactions: Local Man

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Lol, Chabot could become really good but I doubt he hits the levels of Erik Karlsson.

I know home fans are homers, but Sens fans need to settle down. We spent the last six years arguing that no defenseman in the league is better than Karlsson, and now suddenly when he leaves, we happen to have the one who's better than him?

Chabot is awesome, but Karlsson is a generational talent who's changed the way defensemen are perceived and the way defensemen play the game.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
I know home fans are homers, but Sens fans need to settle down. We spent the last six years arguing that no defenseman in the league is better than Karlsson, and now suddenly when he leaves, we happen to have the one who's better than him?

Chabot is awesome, but Karlsson is a generational talent who's changed the way defensemen are perceived and the way defensemen play the game.
We just spent a whole summer hearing how bad well apparently be and then trading a Norris winner, can we not enjoy anything anymore? Saying he's been one of the best defenceman in the NHL for the first month isn't a reach.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Just because Karlsson was so good doesn't mean that Chabot can't be one of the best either. However he has a long way to go before he can carry teams like karlsson has done.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

Haha really? Karlsson has changed the way defencemen are perceived and play the game? Care to elaborate on that? Sooooooo......he's different to, err, Orr, Coffey, Lidstrom, umm....what exactly does he do that a d man hasn't done before?
I mean...he's a fantastic player (or was until he moved to San Jose), but I'm interested to know what makes EK such a different beast in the NHL to those who've gone before him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Shouldnt really be much of a surprise,we all saw him at the WJC ...Everybody knew this kid was going to be a good PMD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad