Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Kid is an absolute stud. Anyone1 know whats his average ice time? I saw him play a couple of times in the Qmjhl and he was playing close to 35mins in the games i was there.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's only been 20 games

Sure it’s only been 20 games but he isn’t the beneficiary of some good bounces. He creates his opportunities, I’m sure he will hit a slump at some point though there’s no doubt in my mind he will be among the leading defensemen in the league. Sens PP has been good and that has kept him above a PPG but he creates plenty at 5on5. Offensively it’s honestly as if Karlsson never left, the way Chabot attacks has is very similar.

Reactions: lawrence

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
Another game, and already another worthless secondary assist.

The league is going to have to take action soon at this rate.

I am sure the league is really worried about people getting too many secondary assists.

Although I am also thinking your post was sarcasm, can never tell on the internet.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I’m not surprised that the defenceman inserted into Karlssons role in the system after he left is getting a lot of points

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Yeah you could plug just about anyone in there and they will produce.
Definitely not saying that. You have to be talented for sure. Just pointing out that the Ottawa system is set up that way. Not just anyone could do it, but it’s a system that is conducive to a single high scoring D

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Definitely not saying that. You have to be talented for sure. Just pointing out that the Ottawa system is set up that way. Not just anyone could do it, but it’s a system that is conducive to a single high scoring D

Karlsson and Chabot are two of the most skilled d in the league.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Ok i am starting to think that his Ottawa shit is because they are playing full on "who gives a shit lets attack" hockey and somebody needs to score the points. Lots of players on that team are about to get overrated. The players who are doing well ARE good players, but not as good as it looks like right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarrisonFord

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
You're right. Chabot's skill set was plug and play within Ottawa's depth chart with the subtraction of Karlsson.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015

Always trying to put a spin on things eh

Reactions: branch

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018

Except Ottawa doesn't have a system.

Reactions: branch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad