Thomas Chabot - The league's newest super star D-man?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yea but plenty of players have been MVPs without the success Chabot's had.

Also stop overselling him as if he was touted to be on Dahlin's level with the "performance for the ages" stuff lol.

He's doing amaaazingly great atm and it's for sure a surprise... which is a compliment.

There's a reason why we won the MVP as the first defender ever. His performance for team Canada was truly unfrikinbelievable. You right it is a nice surprise, even every Sens fan wouldn't have guessed PPG whatsoever, but to say "nobody expected Chabot to be half the play he is now" is flat out false, that was my issue with the post. Many did, including many NHL writers too.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Chabot is unreal, but I need to point out that this kind of success was unpredictable, and certainly not something anyone foresaw coming. But you have to consider the fact that Ottawa's style of play really helps Chabot as well. Just look at how Brady and Duchene are performing.

Their offense is coming at the cost of defense and I'm not sure that any of their offensive play is sustainable.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
you only needed to watch Chabot once to understand why he has sky high potential. He's 6 ft 2, one of the most beautiful skaters in the league, silky smooth hands with a great wingspan, well rounded shooting arsenal, ridiculous poise, great hockey iq, superb passing touch, and the confidence and determination to get better that rivals anyone in the league.

he had superstar written all over him

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Am I in a Matrix reboot? It felt like yesterday when I was playing Yahoo Fantasy Hockey and Erik Karlsson was a waiver-available pickup. Me, being the rookie hockey fan in general back then overlooked him while someone else scooped him up and he just never stopped producing. That was f***ing 7 years ago.

Chabot is making history repeat itself. f***, he's even 21 years old, just like Karlsson back then.

And I no longer have time for fantasy, so once again, I'm missing out. LOL

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Chabot is unreal, but I need to point out that this kind of success was unpredictable, and certainly not something anyone foresaw coming. But you have to consider the fact that Ottawa's style of play really helps Chabot as well. Just look at how Brady and Duchene are performing.

Their offense is coming at the cost of defense and I'm not sure that any of their offensive play is sustainable.

He’s still better than Rielly, sorry.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
In his draft year, I never realized he had this type of offensive skill. Obviously, he showed otherwise at the WJC, but he would have been drafted higher if had shown this type of ability pre-draft. I remember being one of the fools on the Zboril train, he appeared more solid defensively in their draft year.

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018

Say w0t mate? PPG maybe unpredictable in his second season, but every sens fan and hockey scout covering Ottawa prospects knew he was our top prospect and a projected top pairing D man. If you watched him at all last season you could see the potential for future Norris contention. Guy is a stud.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I feel good about calling this last year. I thought his impact would have been bigger last year; but hey, all due things in time.

Reactions: Graves

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa

They have been sustaining it for nearly 40 games now.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
His snipe two games ago against Detroit was awesome. Crazy to think that only a few years ago in junior a big criticism of him was that he had a weak point shot, and now here we are a few year later and he has an absolute laser beam of a shot. Deadly accurate and he gets it through traffic.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad