This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
How can you take this team seriously, the GM is 95 years old... the head coach has a watermelon for a head.... one of his assistants (Lambert) looks like a used car salesman. Barzal has not participated in one single fight, he is a wimp. They dress up some guy from Cornell that didn't make his beer league team last year. Andrew Ladd has missed over 100 games and he is much needed. The GM has Hickey Mouse in the minors, while this kid born in the 2000's takes his roster spot. JHS should be on this team, he is a much more effective presence offensively than Clutterbuck. The team misses Filppula, how we did not give him a 3 year contract makes no sense. No wonder Panarin turned this team down, he was adamant that he did not want to partake on a team with a 10 game win streak.

Sarcasm 2.0

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Funny how this was a thread raising serious concerns from naysayers and slowly transitioned into a sarcasm thread. It is like reading the GDTs early on. :sarcasm:
I was one of those early naysayers after attending the CAR game in person. Boy did they look bad. Slow, out of position, just a mess. I think even the players were concerned. Clutter was asked about the 1-3 start, and he said that after the CAR game, the players talked and had to decide whether they were going to "give it a go", and do the things necessary to win.

Obviously, to have a sky is falling mentality after 4 games may have been a bit of an overreaction, but that 4 game sample was pretty bad. I'm so glad they turned it around. But still think they need another scorer at a minimum.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I was one of those early naysayers after attending the CAR game in person. Boy did they look bad. Slow, out of position, just a mess. I think even the players were concerned. Clutter was asked about the 1-3 start, and he said that after the CAR game, the players talked and had to decide whether they were going to "give it a go", and do the things necessary to win.

Obviously, to have a sky is falling mentality after 4 games may have been a bit of an overreaction, but that 4 game sample was pretty bad. I'm so glad they turned it around. But still think they need another scorer at a minimum.

I will continue to go on record that no cups nor even playoff berths have been won in October and November. This a solid start to the season with a bonus of an exciting winning streak and building a cushion when times aren’t so rosy. I think the 2019 Tampa Bay Lightning are a perfect example of getting too high on a team and after they were swept in the first round, too low on a team.

I think the ranges on the high-low meter with this Islander team is off the charts.

Fans of this team should enjoy the hockey and give these players, management and ownership the respect and full support they deserve. They are trying to build something here and need all the support they can get.

Hope this run continues and will enjoy it while it lasts as it is a long season.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I will continue to go on record that no cups nor even playoff berths have been won in October and November.
Helluva thing to go on record with. ;)

Although you're wrong. Back in the 50's, I believe it was Detroit, went 10-0 in October. The league looked at the average records of the opponents they defeated and it was ridiculously high. So they decided to award the cup right then and there.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I will continue to go on record that no cups nor even playoff berths have been won in October and November.

This is true, but statistically, over the past 15 years, 75 percent of NHL teams that have held playoff positions at Thanksgiving have gone on to make the playoffs. So it definitely pays to have a good Oct/Nov.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Varlamov and Greiss have 0 points in 14 games, and for a team starving for offense that's rather embarrassing and needs to be addressed ASAP. Their play without the puck isn't much better; Greiss has been on the ice for 15 goals against, Varly 14...I know some of you don't like stats, but these numbers prove that neither fits in here and how they're directly responsible for 29 of the 30 goals against which from a defensive standpoint should be a huge red flag in the eyes of Lou and Barry. Unfortunately, both Greiss (450) and Varlamov (392) continue to lead the team in playing time.
I think you just broke my sarc-o-meter!

Reactions: brachyrynchos

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Greiss wouldn’t have let in those 3 goals in 7 minutes....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad