This Team is Horrible (All Purpose Venting Thread)

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Gotta upgrade on Dal Colle & Brassard by any means necessary , these two are trying to play an energy game but they are not skilled enough to be effective at that pace.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
There were many of us who were at least mildly uncomfortable with bringing back the exact same team as last year given the overachieving and likey regression. I know panarin used the isles and I was relieved when Lee signed back but I would have absolutely liked Dzingle or gusev brought in. Not sure the thought process there. That being said there is plenty of time to right the ship. The defense has to be better. No way this team does anything giving up 4 goals a game.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They aren’t ‘horrible.’ Grossly mediocre, w a mediocre core that is locked up for the next 4-7 years. The fallout of a mediocre team is that they aren’t bad enough to draft a Hughes, Dahlin etc. they’ll finish in that 10-14 range, where the talent diffuses. Unless a gem is found, but those are rare compared to a top 3 pick.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
They aren’t ‘horrible.’ Grossly mediocre, w a mediocre core that is locked up for the next 4-7 years. The fallout of a mediocre team is that they aren’t bad enough to draft a Hughes, Dahlin etc. they’ll finish in that 10-14 range, where the talent diffuses. Unless a gem is found, but those are rare compared to a top 3 pick.

If there is a year to be bad, this is a good one to do so

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I cannot watch yet another season of this team going for a draft pick. The only saving grace is the combined record of teams they have played and lost to is like 10-1-2.

Reactions: xECK29x

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
There is only one thing we can unquestionably complain about when it comes to Lou- not adding any offensive firepower. It was literally stated by just about everyone on the team that we needed more punch. I give him a pass for missing on Panerin- the arena situation and sometimes the just don't come but to do nothing else in the offseason falls squarely on his shoulders. It's early and there is plenty of time to turn it around but this team stinks right now!

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
There's the scenario where there's actually no other centers.

Cizikas was a Game Time decision tonight, so they could play him and sit Brassard, leaving everyone else where they were (although i'm not a proponent for that). Wouldn't mind seeing...

Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Dal Colle-Cizikas-Kuhnackl
Martin-Komarov-Clutterbuck

MDC needs a competent center to succeed, Brassards days of being that are long gone. I think that 3rd line plays at a good pace and generates some chances, very north-south, simple, predicatable hockey, Casey on the forecheck recovering loose pucks and creating turnovers, Dal Colle crashing the net and Kuhnackl providing support

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Cizikas was a Game Time decision tonight, so they could play him and sit Brassard, leaving everyone else where they were (although i'm not a proponent for that). Wouldn't mind seeing...

Beauvillier-Barzal-Eberle
Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Dal Colle-Cizikas-Kuhnackl
Martin-Komarov-Clutterbuck

MDC needs a competent center to succeed, Brassards days of being that are long gone. I think that 3rd line plays at a good pace and generates some chances, very north-south, simple, predicatable hockey, Casey on the forecheck recovering loose pucks and creating turnovers, Dal Colle crashing the net and Kuhnackl providing support
I liked Beau and Leo together, but Brassard doesn't seem to gel with them. How about:

Lee-Nelson-Bailey
Dal Colle-Barzal-Eberle
Beauvillier-Komarov-Kuhnackl
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck

Keep lines 1 and 4 intact, and keep Beau and Leo together.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Lou got duped on panarin especially if that's why they spent 25 million on a goalie that was average before he got here. Why wasn't James neal acquired? They needed two new forwards with some kind of potential to improve the offense. Instead they added nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->