Blue Jays Discussion: Things happening this winter! (Jays sign Ryu, Shaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d like to see us give Matt Harvey a minor league deal and spring invite.

I get he’s been pretty bad, but might as well right? We’ve had some luck with our pitching reclamation’s before.

Reactions: ktownhockey

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
I'm glad the Biggio in CF experiment won't be much of one; it's one thing to try him out there if there were no other options, but the Jays have a few there, including some who are out of options. It's also another that he's not really blocking anyone with high-upside value (barring any legit upgrade trades for a middle IF).

I'm not sold on Teoscar and Fisher by any means, but I think, with some sort of mini quasi-breakout from one of them that they'll be able to rotate the Outfield hopefully. Seeing Fisher break out especially against righties a bit would be great, especially since he's a a reverse-platoon guy.

I expect to see alot of rotation in CF/RF this year, going with platoon advantages and the hot hand

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He's publicly demanded a trade now; hard for them not to move him before the season starts.

The only way for them to get a good return for Arenado (or at least the semblance of a good return) would be to take on a bad contract in order to get a couple good prospects, kind of the way they did when they traded Tulo. They only got Hoffman+ back because they were willing to take on Reyes's contract.

People complain about the Marlins "giving away" Stanton to the Yankees all the time, but how many other teams would have been willing to take on $265 million in salary for someone with that injury history?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
If the Jays can trade for Lindor they should as long as it doesn't cost them Vladdy, Bichette or Pearson. My proposal would be Biggio, McGuire, Fisher and 1 lower prospect FOR Lindor. Slide Bichette to 2B replacing Biggio. A long term INF consisting of Vladdy, Lindor and Bichette would be awesome. Not sure any team can beat that offer for young ready MLB talent in a trade with Cleveland.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
If the Jays can trade for Lindor they should as long as it doesn't cost them Vladdy, Bichette or Pearson. My proposal would be Biggio, McGuire, Fisher and 1 lower prospect FOR Lindor. Slide Bichette to 2B replacing Biggio. A long term INF consisting of Vladdy, Lindor and Bichette would be awesome. Not sure any team can beat that offer for young ready MLB talent in a trade with Cleveland.

Pretty sure most teams would beat that in a hurry.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
What would be a deal that Cleveland would want that the Jays would think about? Any thoughts?

Pearson, probably. Or something like the package you mention but swap the low-level prospect with Groshans.

It's tough because at this point it's really hard to gauge what Biggio's value is. As a prospect, he wasn't all that highly-regarded despite his numbers the last couple years, but his debut in the majors points to a hell of a talent.

Regardless, the Jays probably aren't at the point right now where trading a potential future core piece like Biggio for two years of a star player makes a lot of sense.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Bichette alone is worth as much if not more as 2 years of Lindor. If we're going after a player that requires multiple top prospects I'd try for Matt Chapman before Lindor anyway as he still has 4 years of control left and better fit. Id offer Groshans+Moreno/Kirk+Kay and 1 of Manoah/Pardino

Reactions: stickty111

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Pearson + Bichette + Groshans

I mean... yeah, that's what they would want for Lindor. I tend to look at these as "what could they reasonably get" instead.

Pearson straight up is probably close, maybe with a low-level wild card prospect or two or something.

Bichette alone is way more valuable than Lindor.

Reactions: Economist

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Pearson + Bichette + Groshans

I would balk at that big time. When you consider all of the rumors of packages it would take from teams like Dodgers, Braves and Twins, that package is a gross overpay from the Jays. Pearson is the Jays top prospect which every team has balked at giving up. Bichette was the Jays top prospect last year before callup and has proven to be MLB ready with last years performance. And Groshans is the Jays 3rd ranked prospect in their pipeline. Gross overpay. No thanks.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Take Bichette out. You could build a deal centered around Pearson and Groshans and rightfully keep Bichette. That would be ridiculous.

You could build an offer around TJ Zeuch. That doesn't mean Cleveland would ever consider it.

I mean... yeah, that's what they would want for Lindor. I tend to look at these as "what could they reasonably get" instead.

Pearson straight up is probably close, maybe with a low-level wild card prospect or two or something.

Bichette alone is way more valuable than Lindor.

Agreed.

I would balk at that big time. When you consider all of the rumors of packages it would take from teams like Dodgers, Braves and Twins, that package is a gross overpay from the Jays. Pearson is the Jays top prospect which every team has balked at giving up. Bichette was the Jays top prospect last year before callup and has proven to be MLB ready with last years performance. And Groshans is the Jays 3rd ranked prospect in their pipeline. Gross overpay. No thanks.

As you should.

Last edited:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Jeter and Larry Walker have been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

First Canadian position player to be elected in the HoF. Joins Fergie Jenkins as the other Canadian player.

Jeter was one vote shy of becoming the 2nd unanimous HoFer.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Thrilled about Walker. I didn't expect him to get in even though he's so clearly deserving.

I can't wait to hear people freaking out about Jeter not getting 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty stanchion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad