Blue Jays Discussion: Things happening this winter! (Jays sign Ryu, Shaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
2020 Top 100 MLB Prospects

Pearson is where i expected. Possibly could be higher

Groshans is a little high for what i expect not because of talent but i thought they would punish his ranking due to his injuries last year. He might be a top 15 prospect if he wasnt hurt.

And wow thats aggressive on SWR in term of ranking and predicting he could make the team at the end of the year if he continues. It is definitely deserved but never thought any publication would go this high so soon. However, it probably isnt a surprise if he was ranked where he should have been last season which was in the 90s.

Every MLB Prospect Who Missed The 2020 Top 100

2019 Top 100 MLB Prospects

At this point last year we had 7;

1. Vladdy
8. Bichette
42. Jansen
70. Pearson
84. Pardinho
89. Groshans
91. K. Smith

Vladdy, Bichette and Jansen graduated. Pearson and Groshans stayed on a rocketed up the board. Pardinho dropped due to injury. Smith dropped due to being horrible. SWR was added.

I posted a tweet but didn't realize this was posted earlier. Sorry about that. A mod can delete my post.

Anyways, I was surprised about the Groshans and SWR ranking. Groshans I thought would be lower because of his injury and SWR lower just because he just made it to Dunedin.

Next year Jays could have Groshans, SWR, their fifth pick, Manoah, Martinez and one of the catchers. Pardinho if he has a healthy year and does well could be there too.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Great point. And listen, as a Nomar Garciaparra lover (who was better, at peak, than Jeter, quite easily), I'm well aware that the argument for Jeter is indeed his longevity and durability.

That said.....weird rambly guy said "his career numbers are better than Jeters" in reference to Trammel. That's just...not true....

Then we had other rambly guying citing steroids. I mean...we're really stretching and cutting to try to discount the dude. It feels weird that I've taken this side of the argument because I absolutely loathe anything Yankee.

Fair. I'm pretty sure we completely agree on this one. I don't understand some people's need to try to balance out the overrating by underrating him to such a ridiculous extent and making outlandish claims in the opposite direction.

The conversation about Jeter is rarely rational; saying equally irrational things doesn't help anything.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Then we had other rambly guying citing steroids. I mean...we're really stretching and cutting to try to discount the dude. It feels weird that I've taken this side of the argument because I absolutely loathe anything Yankee.

Where did I say Jeter specifically did steroids? But the fact is, the decade of Yankee dominance was right smack in the middle of the steroid era, and the Yankees were buying the best players on the market year afteer year. Do you believe for a SECOND none of them were doping?

I'm saying that going "FIVE World Series rings" sounds impressive, until you remember how the Yankees managed to rule that period of baseball...

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
On the subject - Bill Burr made a funny point on his podcast that he doesn't mind Houston's pitch stealing, since NYY and Boston have been cheating the league for decades by outspending an average team by 100+ mil and using the small markets as farm systems.

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
On the subject - Bill Burr made a funny point on his podcast that he doesn't mind Houston's pitch stealing, since NYY and Boston have been cheating the league for decades by outspending an average team by 100+ mil and using the small markets as farm systems.

I don't see how that's funny at all. Maybe I'm not a big Bill Burr fan but while the Yankees have spent more, they've also drafted and developed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad