Therrien as Head Coach: for how much longer? must find his inner-walrus

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
For once we have a legitimatly great coach, and people are still whining.

We play Murray, Bouillon and Diaz every game and we still have a winning record. Add to this that we might not have a legit 1st line player. And all the injuries.

What else is Therrien supposed to do with this lineup?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
We were in the top half of the league for goals against, and were above the bottom 10 in goals for.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&sort=standingsGoalDifferential&type=LEA

We were literally 7-8 third period goals away from making the playoffs.

Well I'll be damned....lets hurry and get a petition going so they can change the playoff format to +/- from actual points. You guys are reaching and are such in denial, only Columbus had less wins then we had, we sucked plain and simple.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I hope coach Boucher is next...for as long as he wants or as long as the owner wants, or especially...as long as we want him!

And/or...it will be:
P.Roy. You know...the one who gave us all bragging rights (in case anyone forgot...because of the '86 + '93 Cups, and...the '89 Cup Finals).

To all the few who booed P.Roy:shakehead:help::shakehead:cry:
(Why???????? 'Cause you wanted J.Thibault, instead???).

And, if Boucher and/or Roy don't work...hire anyone who could do the job (female, man, english, french, bilingual, Slovenian, etc, just as long as he/she gets the job done...winning the Cup).

Last edited:

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013

We play Murray, Bouillon and Diaz every game and we still have a winning record. Add to this that we might not have a legit 1st line player. And all the injuries.

I expect him to not single out Subban after a loss because he didn't even acknowledge Bouillon's horrible defensive coverage on the game wining goal the night before.

He needs to be coherent in the way he treats players.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
I expect him to not single out Subban after a loss because he didn't even acknowledge Bouillon's horrible defensive coverage on the game wining goal the night before.

He needs to be coherent in the way he treats players.

Totally agree. He doesn't like PK for some reason.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012

Where is he?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Laughable that years after years its either the coach or the goaltender who get the heat when we lose, We are still over .500 while the injured guys are coming back, no need to panic, we still are in good posture to make the playoffs.. The Sens are 4-6-3, does that make Mclean (Jack Adams) an incompetent coach??

Strange that we hear nothing about Therrien after a win.. :sarcasm:

Therrien is a very good coach and he is there to stay.

It will if they don't play better. Isn't it what coaching is all about? Are every coach that was fired incompetent? Yet, does it refrain GM from doing it? I mean, tons of Adams nominates were fired 1 or 2 years after their nomination, so at one point, how "competent" you are is almost irrelevant. You need to win. You can't change a whole team hence you need to buy time till you get real results. We'll see how that team handles itself from this moment, the only 2 guys worth mentioning as far as injuries are concerned are Prust and Emelin. Number of injuries isn't important here...who really would name Brière as a reason why we lose? Or Moen? Prust...well he does add something but isn't time to realize that he might be damaged goods and we might want to stop using that as an excuse as he is what he is? Emelin...well that's the real problem based on that mediocre D we have.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
When Capt Kirk is available I would want to see MTs end come. Not sure how many other coaches interest me right now. He was reason this team was successful under JM imo

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
MT is a good coach but he's a loser. In contrast Patrick Roy is a great coach and is a winner.

If Therrien causes a Subban trade I swear i'm ****ing done with this team.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
A much as I want to see MT go, it will change nothing since he will not be replaced by some guy with a proven NHL track record. It will be yet another best french-speaking coach available at the moment. 4 quarters for 1 dollar replacement. meh.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Thing is, this devaluing of PK's contribution will run counter to the interests of the team.
Every knock made against him by Therrien, Team Canada, TSN, whatever, is more likely to motivate PK to seek respect payable in $$$$.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York

Wait, what?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

The team is 5-5-0 in the last 10 with Murray, Bouillon and Diaz. It isn't a winning record.

I have a feeling it'll get worst next week also.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
MT is a good coach but he's a loser. In contrast Patrick Roy is a great coach and is a winner.

Well no wonder we never get a superstar here the coach wants be bigger than the players, how sad. Therrien doesnt want to ride the stallion he is trying to strangle him until he falls than hope he wakes up and drive him with a broken neck ? lol... too bad I really liked the Therrien move but if PK isnt here im done with the team too. Already annoyed about them Bergevin moves are somewhat almost all turning into nightmares lol. I have the impression Therrien wants to be king and wants Peekay out and good return from him so he can work easily with the fear in the dressing room... then we will see if Bergevin is skilled or gets burned ala Houle lol anyway by then wont identify with the team anymore im not going through another cycle of crap. Nope.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
A much as I want to see MT go, it will change nothing since he will not be replaced by some guy with a proven NHL track record. It will be yet another best french-speaking coach available at the moment. 4 quarters for 1 dollar replacement. meh.

Like i said before, a coach is not better because he only speaks English and a coach is not worse because he also speaks french. Until the Habs pass over Babcock or Quenneville for a rookie bilingual coach those kind of comment are racist.

Julien, Vigneault, Therrien and Boucher all come from the Habs organisation and i am proud that the Habs give a chance to the local talent if they are the best man for the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
You're 100% right but I suspect many young posters won't want to acknowledge that.

Instead of bothering with an empty snarky comment, you could have put forth some counter points to my response.

Is this where I continue your trend of thinly veiled insults in an pathetic attempt at gaining moral superiority?

To get back to the subject at hand:

Most "great" coaches won't play bad players like Bouillon and Murray to close out games.

Some coaches may rely on grizzled vets, but usually those are very good 5 on 5 veterans (like Gionta) and not liabilities like Murray or Bouillon.

For once we have a legitimatly great coach

There's that word again. :laugh:

I have a sneaking suspicion that there's a huge disconnect in vocabularies going on.

This is how I picture some of our poster on a daily basis:

"Man, this walk is really great. The sidewalk is great. Those birds, so great. Random hail storm? That's great too! "

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

It'd be so tough if that ever happened. I love the Canadiens, but so much of that is because of Subban. I'd be just as much of a Canadiens fan, but I'd also become a big supporter of wherever Subban went. Let's hope that NEVER happens - Subban suits the CH.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Instead of bothering with an empty snarky comment, you could have put forth some counter points to my response.

Is this where I continue your trend of thinly veiled insults in an pathetic attempt at morale superiority? Or.....should we discuss the subject like adults?

Most "great" coaches won't play bad players like Bouillon and Murray to close out games.

Some coaches may rely on grizzled vets, but usually those are very good 5 on 5 veterans (like Gionta) and not liabilities like Murray or Bouillon.

There's that word again. :laugh:

I have a sneaking suspicion that there's a huge disconnect in vocabularies going on.

This is how I picture some of our poster on a daily basis:

"Man, this walk is really great. The sidewalk is great. Those birds, so great. "

E=CH is usually a top notch poster.

I agree with this entire post though.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Under Therrien the team looks hungry, aggressive and fast. It's night and day between Therrien and Martin - we just have to get rid of the imbecile in charge of the PK and defense and forcibly remove Bouillon and Desharnais from the toy chest.

He's a mediocre tactician but a fine coach - I wanted him gone after the fiasco against the Sens and still don't think he's the best option available but with some relatively minor tweaks we might be able to overcome his drawbacks. He's not going anywhere when we are around .500, scoring in bunches and have injuries - Bergevin is too faithful for that.

This is how I feel about Therrien. His ability at managing lines, matchups and such seems to be poor; however, his ability to coach players individually seems to be quite good.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
E=CH is usually a top notch poster.

I agree with this entire post though.

Just this morning I was yelling at squirrels to get off my lawn. I am definitely not a young whippersnapper despite E=CH's assumption. ;)

I even made the paper yesterday:

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Ok, i'm done with MT. I was a fan since we hired him but now, i want him fired. I'm so feaking tired to see him throw his players Under the bus in his post-game conference. One day it's Eller, the other day it's Subban, etc.. I'm tired of his ****.

I don't very like the treatement he's giving to Subban. I hope MB notice it before it's too late. I know Subban made mistakes, but NO NEED TO CALL HIM IN THE MEDIA, FFS!

Fire that clown.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Ok, i'm done with MT. I was a fan since we hired him but now, i want him fired. I'm so feaking tired to see him throw his players Under the bus in his post-game conference. One day it's Eller, the other day it's Subban, etc.. I'm tired of his ****.

I don't very like the treatement he's giving to Subban. I hope MB notice it before it's too late. I know Subban made mistakes, but NO NEED TO CALL HIM IN THE MEDIA, FFS!

Fire that clown.

But he did it with Desharnais yesterday, so he's all fine with me now...;)

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Line is fine though as I keep repeating. We beat Boston in OT....Julien loses his job. They scored...they won the Cup. I know, not always like that but what we feel about somebody now and what we're going to feel later might be different....but not in this case. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad