Therrien as Head Coach: for how much longer? must find his inner-walrus

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
With the Saint-Louis Blues coming up Tuesday, the Habs are more than likely to find themselves in a 3 game losing streak, and at 8-8-0. The Blues will be men among boys at the Bell Center, and will spank us harder than the Sharks did.

The real problem will be if we then lose to the Sens Thursday.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Coaches like Therrien don't have a long shelf life. They go into teams, create structure and discipline and once the young players buy in and mature...he becomes average.

That's when better coaches come in.

At this point, he's still working on phase 1 so he's got some time.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Ok, i'm done with MT. I was a fan since we hired him but now, i want him fired. I'm so feaking tired to see him throw his players Under the bus in his post-game conference. One day it's Eller, the other day it's Subban, etc.. I'm tired of his ****.

I don't very like the treatement he's giving to Subban. I hope MB notice it before it's too late. I know Subban made mistakes, but NO NEED TO CALL HIM IN THE MEDIA, FFS!

Fire that clown.

2updz47.jpg

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
Coaches like Therrien don't have a long shelf life. They go into teams, create structure and discipline and once the young players buy in and mature...he becomes average.

That's when better coaches come in.

At this point, he's still working on phase 1 so he's got some time.

Pretty much this. He is good in his role but at some point the players simply won't listen to the yelling anymore.

For now he is doing agood job with our young core. He is more patient that we would like with vets but it forces the young guys to push harder.:handclap:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site

You're right... we've seen that over and over with coaches who take an approach like Therrien does. Still better than Martin but how do you find a REAL coach?

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Bush League

Therrien is now and has always been bush league. A minor league coach at best. He managed to get fired from a team that had Crosby and Malkin that went on to win the Stanely Cup after he got the boot.

Therrien is another one of those 'local media' hirings. Why do you think that Guy Carboneau is still hanging around RDS as an analyst? Carbo knows his turn will come soon enough. lol

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I don't get why he continues throwing everyone under the bus after every loss. Does he really believe that Subban and Desharnais need to hear it in the media to understand they didn't have a good game?

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
You guys need to chill out. Therrien is a good coach. The reason we hate his guts now is because of his favoritism towards Bouillon and Desharnais and the way he treats Subban. We'll see how Bergevin deals with this.

That's a lot of reasons to hate him:laugh:

Peace

Jan 21, 2010
I think the sens in last's spring playoffs exposed our weaknesses. Therrien should really adapt quickly.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Am I the only one that thinks he's doing a decent job with this group, especially in developping the young players?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't get why he continues throwing everyone under the bus after every loss. Does he really believe that Subban and Desharnais need to hear it in the media to understand they didn't have a good game?
I never really was a fan of Martin, but it was the one thing he would not do, throw anyone under the bus to the media...MT should take a lesson...:shakehead

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 28m
I get a coach not wanting to pump a young player's tires but I don't get spreading nails on his road. Puzzled by #Habs Therrien w/ Subban

Even Dave Stubbs is puzzled.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs 28m
I get a coach not wanting to pump a young player's tires but I don't get spreading nails on his road. Puzzled by #Habs Therrien w/ Subban

Even Dave Stubbs is puzzled.

:laugh:

Shades of '11, where the media rose up in a crescendo to impotently hate on the team and nit and pick at every minor public display as an excuse to not write about tactics, hockey or the game on the ice.

Now do you guys see it? Hmm?

Stubbs is the devil.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Watching MT on 24CH, you can see his act is getting old fast and players are obviously starting to tune him out. I'd be surprised if he lasts the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00