Therrien as Head Coach: for how much longer? must find his inner-walrus

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
He's going to be the coach until the end of the year, at a minimum.

I was as frustrated as everyone else given how badly he was out-coached last night, but I assume Bergevin will give his guy at least one more year at the helm. He did win the division last year, after all.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Our coach's don't tend to last long these days so 2 years is a safe bet even if you discount the current controversy that is surrounding Therrien right now.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Depends how this year goes really, if he continues to misuse our best players and we miss the playoffs we could see him fired. Unfortunately I see him finishing his contract here.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Gets the can at the end of this season, after his team gets completely out coached and loses a playoff series it should've easily won for the second time in a row.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
We'll get stomped in the playoffs again unless Price stands on his head, and then he'll be removed at that point.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
He is MB's guy. They had a really great half-season, beating the odds. No reason for MB to even consider firing him for now. They seem to be on the same page for about everything so far.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
I've gone ahead and registered FireTherrien.com in preparation of the implending losing streak where he'll continue to be out-coached as he has been his entire tenure as Habs head coach.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think he'll be with the team until the end of the year and even into next year, whether or not we miss the playoffs. I expect us to be mediocre and stay around .500, fighting for a playoff spot but likely missing out. He'll help develop the players "as people" and then, once some of the veterans are gone (Plekanec, Markov, Gio etc.) we'll hire a real coach to compete with our young core. That's my guess.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Until a suitable replacement is available, there will be no movement on the MT front. I don't really think Boucher is a suitable replacement.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I think he's here until the end of next season, and our increase in competitiveness and playoff runs will determine if he is here much longer after that.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
MB seems to be obsessed with teamwork and working together and sharing blame and junk like that. Unfortunately, I don't see him dumping Therrien any time soon. If the team falters this year, he still has last season's success to fall back on and it will carry therrien well into his third year, I think. And I believe it'll take a lot to fire him. And even then, who do we hire? Is jean perron still looking for work?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
What the **** is wrong with you guys I mean seriously? So we are apparently over-achieving again this year (injuries, so small, so soff) but no, the coach must be fired because he was apparently outcoached on an away game.

Grab your nuts, feel like a man and suck up darlings

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
He gets fired when the players give up on him. Won't happen until players like Subban and Eller get big contracts and there is less at stake (I.e. Olympics) for individual players.

I could see him getting in trouble as early as next season.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd rather Guy Boucher from an Xs and Os standpoint but Therrien's team is very motivated and offensively minded, he does deserve a lot of kudos for that. If Bergevin took away his favourite toys (Bouillon, Desharnais) we'd be much stronger.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
You guys need to chill out. Therrien is a good coach. The reason we hate his guts now is because of his favoritism towards Bouillon and Desharnais and the way he treats Subban. We'll see how Bergevin deals with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad