Therrien as Head Coach: for how much longer? must find his inner-walrus

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
One question: who do you want Therrien replaced with? Forget about Patrick Roy for now... maybe in 2-3 years.

Marshpillow_2.0.jpg

This works for me over Therrien.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
PK was in the proper spot, Moen is the guy you should be looking at.

RDS showed White skating all over the place like a headless chicken on that play. Moen was trying to reposition himself while White was trying to play all positions on the ice except goalie.

That being said (as I posted previously on the PGT):

BYhBZfhCEAAxF78.jpg

;)

KerryFraser

Apr 6, 2008
I don't see why MT should be blamed for tonight.

1st goal Gorges couldn't execute.
2nd goal Markov gives the puck away to the Sens in the slot
3rd goal there's just a whole lot of traffic

DD played more than Galchenyuk so that's kind of dumb but he played Subban a ton in the 2nd half of the game. Not sure why folks are blaming MT on this one.

On the first goal i saw three of our player one behind each others following the puck holder trying to cut the passing line. Three guys! Why?

And why in the last games, each time they take the lead and had a good start, after they seem totally lost on the ice and make mistakes after mistakes?

And the fourth line is a total joke in the defensive zone, i don't remember the last time we had a so horrible bottom line.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't see why MT should be blamed for tonight.

1st goal Gorges couldn't execute.
2nd goal Markov gives the puck away to the Sens in the slot
3rd goal there's just a whole lot of traffic

DD played more than Galchenyuk so that's kind of dumb but he played Subban a ton in the 2nd half of the game. Not sure why folks are blaming MT on this one.

Well, he got burned yet again gambling on his 4th line. It's like the 4th game in a row now where he loses that matchups. It's more forgivable on the road, but not tonight. The Sens scored to take the lead and he sends out Parros, White and Moen, while Maclean throws out Ryan's line. It was brutal. How come we never take advantage of situations like this? It's always us who gets burned with our 4th line against offensive lines. It's frustrating man.

Also, DD played a little too much for my liking. IMO he still has to earn the opportunities he was given tonight.

e46330ivs*

Well, he got burned yet again gambling on his 4th line. It's like the 4th game in a row now where he loses that matchups. It's more forgivable on the road, but not tonight. The Sens scored to take the lead and he sends out Parros, White and Moen, while Maclean throws out Ryan's line. It was brutal. How come we never take advantage of situations like this? It's always us who gets burned with our 4th line against offensive lines. It's frustrating man.

Also, DD played a little too much for my liking. IMO he still has to earn the opportunities he was given tonight.

As soon as the play started I pointed this out to my buddy and said Oh boy watch this and sure enough they scored, who puts out their 4th line wth George Parros on it after a goal, arent you supposed to put a line out there with more energy.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
We got caught on the second goal, sens start the period with the 4rth line so we start our 4rth line, instant line change from the sens and le but....

Never coached hockey before but what a good coach should do in this situation?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We got caught on the second goal, sens start the period with the 4rth line so we start our 4rth line, instant line change from the sens and le but....

Never coached hockey before but what a good coach should do in this situation?

Don't put out your enforcer after you just got scored on. In what way will he shift momentum if the other team refuses to fight?

If it was the usual 4th line, with Prust instead of Parros, sure, at least they are adept hockey players.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

They ended up scrambling the draw to the left side and the puck got dumped into the Sens end AND THEY DIDN'T CHANGE, at that point I knew Therrien is a bigger moron than I had ever thought. They had an ample chance to change and get a better match up after going down 2-1 and they didn't, and got scored on to end the game.

Therrien has zero situational awareness.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

They never take advantage because the 3rd/4th lines are so bad it can't matchup up against anyone else but the opposition 3rd/4th line. If a top 6 gets put up against opposition bottom 6 then the Habs bottom 6 will have to face opposition top 6. The results for the latter is too obvious.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Dear Moen in Glory,

Please, could you use your mad photoshop skills to make a gif of Therrien smoking some crack?

Much appreciated,

Habs board

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Therriens junior coaching style in the NHL is a 'mens against boys" situation!
Even if he does care it makes no difference. He is just not at the level of the top coaches in this league and we can already see his message wearing thin on the rest of the team.

Hopefully, Bergevin makes the right decision before this 'junior' coach ruins some of the best assets on this team.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Therriens junior coaching style in the NHL is a 'mens against boys" situation!
Even if he does care it makes no difference. He is just not at the level of the top coaches in this league and we can already see his message wearing thin on the rest of the team.

Hopefully, Bergevin makes the right decision before this 'junior' coach ruins some of the best assets on this team.

I actually had a dream last night that Pacioretty came into the video room after the game and *****ed at Therrien for being an idiotic coach. Therrien then came and grabbed Patches protein bar away from him, then the whole dressing room exploded saying 'what is this, kindergarten, you're taking our food away from us now?" and it resulted in an all out mutiny, save for Bouillon and DD.

I was somehow there and then I went to talk to Therrien, criticizing him for his 4th line usage and what the **** was Parros doing out there. He said something useless about a fight changing momentum and then we talked about Karlsson vs. Subban. I think I'm disappointed at my dream self for not punching Therrien in the face.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I think it's kind of a critical juncture in the season for the team. If there was some time to do something drastic to try to turn it around, this might be a good time for Bergevin to step up. A big(ish) trade, a surprising (to most) proactive coaching change, etc. It's early enough that if he got it right, they might still turn things around in time. (Still might not, but at least a move might raise the odds a little.)

But I don't think there actually will be any bold moves, of course. And I'm not optimistic about the team's fortunes for this season. I had higher hopes. I was thinking maybe 80/20 on making the playoffs, anyway. I'd probably flip those odds around now. I just don't see the way out. :(

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
If there was some time to do something drastic to try to turn it around, this might be a good time for Bergevin to step up.

Bring back crazy White. I hate this neutered White. I want crazy White. Hell, if we're going to lose most of our games, can we not be a little more entertaining. Jesus.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Are we overstating how bad Therrien is? We finished 4th in the league last season in points after finishing third from the bottom the previous season. There's something there to be hopeful about.

Some fundamental elements that point to success seem to be in place: Price playing exceptionally well, power play clicking, penalty kill strong, scoring balance, Markov healthy.

If there is a plan for this team, I'd rather the kinks worked out now than late in the season. I'm confident this team will start building momentum, especially the way Price is playing. Adding Prust and Emelin to the line up should have a significant impact as well.

Too early to bail on Therrien, imo.

And for all the complaints that he can't adjust, he let PK play last night putting everyone at ease . . .

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It would have to be something pretty crazy for Therrien to not at least get the rest of the season.

Going to be a long season of being out-coached, kind of like playing through injuries even when the team is healthy.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The real coach for this team isn't available, see avatar

Thanks for your contribution. Obviously Roy is the next Scotty Bowman, after 15 games coaching. Let's see you post this again in April. I'll bet you 100 American Avs are struggling for a PO spot.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Man... I don't think the Martin hate ever came close to this.

Because Martin had mostly ****** players. Therrien has good ones. Duh. pretty ****ing obvious diff, dude. Think, much?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I actually had a dream last night that Pacioretty came into the video room after the game and *****ed at Therrien for being an idiotic coach. Therrien then came and grabbed Patches protein bar away from him, then the whole dressing room exploded saying 'what is this, kindergarten, you're taking our food away from us now?" and it resulted in an all out mutiny, save for Bouillon and DD.

I was somehow there and then I went to talk to Therrien, criticizing him for his 4th line usage and what the **** was Parros doing out there. He said something useless about a fight changing momentum and then we talked about Karlsson vs. Subban. I think I'm disappointed at my dream self for not punching Therrien in the face.

I actually had a dream that Cate Blanchet was sitting on my face. Habs are daytime reality for me. Not dream material. You should get out more. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad