Speculation: There is something going on between Toronto - Carolina (MOD NOTE IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Argued this a hundred times with leaf fans, and they say they still expect an op for an overpriced Nylander.
Not gonna happen. Leaf fans expect everything. Now I will say there are a bunch of leaf fans that are not like the majority. They have good conversations and don't over value those players.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander is a ticking time bomb right now. They have less than one month to get him to sign otherwise they have to deal him. I cant imagine they would go into next offseason needing to sign Matthews Marner and Nylander. Dubas would not survive that

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
All this Slavin talk is nonsense. Slavin is a top pairing D signed for the next 7 yrs at a steal of a deal and he’s one of CAR’s most marketable, not to mention irreplaceable players. He’s also a LD, not the RD TOR lacks.

CAR has the currency of Faulk and Pesce to peddle for fwd help. I’d be floored if Slavin’s name has come up at all in Nylander discussions as a serious trade chip.
You are forgetting that it is rumored the Canes are the ones pursuing Nylander hard, and that there are upwards of 15 teams interested. This isn't a case of the Leafs selling a player for below equal value in return. For all those saying that Nylander is not worth Slavin, they also have realize that Pesce is not worth Nylander. A Pesce for Nylander deal has Hall/Larsson written all over it. Pesce is the flavor of the week on here, but he is nowhere near the upside of Nylander.

As for an earlier post you wrote saying that in a bigger deal saying all of Svech, Necas and Fox are off the table. I agree Svech is likely not attainable, but as far as Necas or Fox (not that I want Fox, since it looks like he could go to FA after college), you have to give quality to get quality. If Pesce is the main piece you have to add someone like a Necas.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
You are forgetting that it is rumored the Canes are the ones pursuing Nylander hard, and that there are upwards of 15 teams interested. This isn't a case of the Leafs selling a player for below equal value in return. For all those saying that Nylander is not worth Slavin, they also have realize that Pesce is not worth Nylander. A Pesce for Nylander deal has Hall/Larsson written all over it. Pesce is the flavor of the week on here, but he is nowhere near the upside of Nylander.

As for an earlier post you wrote saying that in a bigger deal saying all of Svech, Necas and Fox are off the table. I agree Svech is likely not attainable, but as far as Necas or Fox (not that I want Fox, since it looks like he could go to FA after college), you have to give quality to get quality. If Pesce is the main piece you have to add someone like a Necas.

Yeah, Pesce plus Necas for Nylander would be a [MOD] dream for Dubas...ain’t happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Because Nylander is a proven 60+ point player that can play C and W and Kapanen is still mostly just potential at this point. Nice sell on Kapanen but there’s a reason you’d rather give him ++ up than Nylander - because he’s nowhere near as good and probably never will be.

Carolina’s AHL team is excellent, they have their own Kapanen’s coming.
Of course I wouldn't want to deal Nylander that is why I was wondering if a deal around Kap might make sense with some pluses considering Pecse is being wasted on the 3rd pairing. I get why they would want to do a 1 for 1 trade.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

You are forgetting that the Leafs are having trouble signing Nylander. If the Canes trade Slavin for Nylander, I'll be downright shocked. I would love to have Nylander on Carolina, but wouldn't even consider Slavin for him for 1 second.

No, That's what YOU want. Doesn't mean that's what the Canes need to add. Of course, our GM isn't the greatest so I'll never say never, but if he adds Necas to Pesce for Nylander, I'll be pissed.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Quite honestly, I rate Nylander very highly and Kuokkanen isn't even your top 5 prospect if you look at it.

I rate Zykov, Svech, Fox, Foegelle, Necas all higher. It's not that big of an add.

I think Carolina would have to add to Pesce to get Nylander, not the other way around. The only way its a straight up swap is if Slavin is coming back.
I love dreaming, too. ;)

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

Pesce plus Necas for Nylander? :laugh:

This just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
We can keep our “deep” defense corps even with a Pesce trade. Faulk moves up a pairing, TVR slides to his natural side and Fleury enters the lineup. There’s zero need for a guy like Zaitsev.
No. Pesce is a better D and signed long term at below his actual value. Moving more than Faulk + something small for an unsigned Nylander would be stupid.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
If Nylander is traded to the Canes, I give it a half hour before a certain HFBoards user abandons the Islanders board to join forces with the Canes and talk about what a superstar Nylander is and how idiotic Kyle "Dumas" is.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Obviously for Holl -- the return would be more like a late draft pick, whereas with Zaitsev, that would allow the Canes to keep their ridiculously deep D; and possibly worth losing a forward that can help supplement Toronto's group -- where they are admittedly struggling to get tertiary scoring right now.
What are you even talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad