Speculation: There is something going on between Toronto - Carolina (MOD NOTE IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Their AGM is scouting them tonight

This comes after Dubas scouted Carolina last week

These teams don't play for another three weeks.

Doubt it involves Nylander as obviously he isn't even in the country.

MOD NOTE: Just a heads up, all, but discussion about Nylander should be contained within the Nylander thread. Want to discuss this absent Nylander? Go right ahead. If talk sticks to Nylander though, this is getting shut down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ori and Top Corner

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty widely rumoured the Leafs want Pesce.

My guess is Carolina wanted Nylander, Dubas countered with... who knows what. Carolina’s there scouting whoever Dubas countered with.

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I think Nylander for Pesce is bad for Toronto, and yes I understand Pesce's value comes in part from his contract. I don't think it's Hall for Larsson bad but it could have a similar effect.

Adding Tavares and losing Bozak, JVR, and Nylander doesn't scream offensive powerhouse.

So if it's Pesce they are after I would think that Dubas is shopping Kapanen or maybe Dermott, who is supposed to be returning to the lineup tonight.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Could be a big add on the Leafs side if the trade is not for a signed Nylander, but a rights to RFA unsigned Nylander. Maybe Dubas is sick of his crap and ready to punt him to someone else to take the risk.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why would Nylander work for them? Fact he may become a center I'm guessing.

Looking for a 1 for 1 is fair enough.

They couldn't use a winger who can play PK, PP, both wings and play up and down the lineup?
They have a couple down in the AHL who can probably produce 75% of Kapanen and not cost them a top 4 D.... so..... no they don't want to deal Pesce for Kapanen.

Next.

Reactions: powerstuck

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Moving Pesce is extremely dumb for Carolina to do. He's More valuable than Nylander.

Maybe for Kadri, because he is a two way top 6 C.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would Nylander work for them? Fact he may become a center I'm guessing.

Looking for a 1 for 1 is fair enough.

They couldn't use a winger who can play PK, PP, both wings and play up and down the lineup?

Because Nylander is a proven 60+ point player that can play C and W and Kapanen is still mostly just potential at this point. Nice sell on Kapanen but there’s a reason you’d rather give him ++ up than Nylander - because he’s nowhere near as good and probably never will be.

Carolina’s AHL team is excellent, they have their own Kapanen’s coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad