Speculation: There is something going on between Toronto - Carolina (MOD NOTE IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I think it’s for Nyl. But doesn’t make sence since he isn’t playing... Canes wouldn’t want Kadri since it would be a huge price and I doubt they want to shake up their team. Maybe Kap?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Nylander is way more valuable than Pesce and 15 other teams want in on Nylander so pass on Pesce alone Maker is way more valuable that Pesce

Okay.... 15 teams are not battling for Nyl let’s get that out of the way. 15 teams called in on Nyl obv since that’s the GMs job when a player that caliper is avallible. Why wouldn’t you. It wouldn’t be Pesce a lone but he is definitely not way more valuable then him....The longer this takes the more even I think the deal will be

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
I think Toronto will regret trading Nylander. They are having trouble scoring goals lately and with Matthews possibly out for at least a month, a losing streak and it could make it really ugly. Hopefully its not another Hall for Larsson type of deal.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I think it’s for Nyl. But doesn’t make sence since he isn’t playing... Canes wouldn’t want Kadri since it would be a huge price and I doubt they want to shake up their team. Maybe Kap?

Presumably... a deal would be bigger than 1 for 1.

Maybe Justin Holl (who is making his season debut tonight) is also on his way out of Toronto. Maybe the Leafs have decided to part ways with Nikita Zaitsev as well, and presumably, there would be some kind of reasonably good forward heading back to the Leafs as well.

Reactions: marty111 and Taluss

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

While I'm certain all of this is about Nylander, we would absolutely have interest in Kadri. I highly doubt Toronto even entertains moving him, however.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Presumably... a deal would be bigger than 1 for 1.

Maybe Justin Holl (who is making his season debut tonight) is also on his way out of Toronto. Maybe the Leafs have decided to part ways with Nikita Zaitsev as well, and presumably, there would be some kind of reasonably good forward heading back to the Leafs as well.

I think you’re overestimating the value that a 26 year old AHLer and a #5 defenceman would carry, particularly on a team stacked on the blue line like the Hurricanes are.

They have Bean, Fleury, and McKeown in the AHL and Fox in college, on top of their NHLers. They need Holl and Zaitsev like you guys need PA Parenteau to make a comeback.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
While I'm certain all of this is about Nylander, we would absolutely have interest in Kadri. I highly doubt Toronto even entertains moving him, however.

Of course there would be interested. My bad on the wording in my first post. I have no doubt Canes would love him. Like you said lastly though I doubt Tor would entertain moving him. Which means it would be a huge price if they do and a big shakeup to the Canes lines

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Carolina is indeed targeting Nylander it’s obvious they know what he wants and know they are willing to pay it. Nylander might just get lucky here with an organization that will pay him for his talents rather than try to screw him so they can build a cup contender after 50 years of mediocrity.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I think the trade would be to make room for Nylander not trading him.

Especially if they’re sending all these scouts to watch the leafs when he isn’t even in the same country.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Perhaps Gardiner, Kadri, Hainsey, plus an additional minor guy like Brown or Leivo

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Leafs are not trading Kadri....especially right now with Matthews out.

I think guys are looking at the secondary pieces. You don't need 3 scouts to go to Toronto to scout Kadri. He is a known quantity. You send 3 guys to look at someone you are less familiar with.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Kypreos and Dreger mentioned recently that most likely destination for Nylander is Carolina with LA 2nd . Guessing Nylander ends up in Carolina but with more pieces involved . Carolina is super deep on Defense and also have prospects who will be ready soon for NHL duty. Interesting to keep an eye out for this .

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
If Carolina is indeed targeting Nylander it’s obvious they know what he wants and know they are willing to pay it. Nylander might just get lucky here with an organization that will pay him for his talents rather than try to screw him so they can build a cup contender after 50 years of mediocrity.

What evidence do you have that they are trying to screw him?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly Leafs would be stupid to let go of Kadri considering his contractual situation.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with Nylander for a defensemen and there might be more to the deal which is why the Canes are heavily scouting the Leafs.

Reactions: TakeTheBody

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
The hell with Pesce, we want Hamilton.

But that's just as unlikely as them getting Naz from us.

If there is something going on, hope it doesn't include Dermott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad