GDT: THE TRADE DEADLINE: Honors in Chemistry, or Bad Medicine?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Under no uncertain terms would we ever consider trading for Turris.

I like a Stepan. He’s been a good player for AZ.
Not a fan of Stepan, but he has been a good player for us overall, but no way is he an untouchable.
Be difficult to sell Capo with the blown knee right now.

Agree on POJ being off limits.
There are very few untouchables on this team, POJ is not one of them.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Fischer's scratch last night is interesting. He's been invisible for quite a while so why wait til now to do it? Keeping him healthy for a trade? We only have one more game, and the next two days off, before the deadline, so perhaps Fischer has played his last game as a Coyote.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Fischer's scratch last night is interesting. He's been invisible for quite a while so why wait til now to do it? Keeping him healthy for a trade? We only have one more game, and the next two days off, before the deadline, so perhaps Fischer has played his last game as a Coyote.

That’s what I’m thinking too. I do think he’s on his way out

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Decent return for Duchene if not a little underwhelming. Sens should get more for Stone if CBJ is indeed keeping Panarin for a playoff run.

Reactions: Jakey53

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I may be off base here but I’d love to grab Hoffman, bruises and all. He is a prolific goal scorer and I think would do well here. I know it would never happen but a deal that sees Hoffman and Yandle to the desert would be a dream.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think people are selling Wennberg short. Has size, defensively solid, fixture on the PK, 24 yoa .52ppg C over 350 games played. Having a bad season, but he's a solid center. What I'd give up really depends on what they would retain or not retain.
Would trade Fischer for him without hesitation, and I'm not on the trade Fischer train because his value is also low right now.

If Chayka grabs Wennberg and Burakovski without giving up something stupid, I would be over the moon. There are better players put there I'd prefer to add, but those two are young NHL players who are prime buy-low candidates.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yup. Hopefully Fischer + Merkely + a 2nd or 3rd for Kreider.

When did Kreider turn into a signed Stone?

I'd love to add Kreider, I think a 2nd and someone like Westerlund would get it done. Remember the Boedker deal? Kyle Wood, a 3rd, Bleackley and Tanguay.

2nd, Westerlund, and Panik for Kreider. Probably a little off on our side.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I don't think we have any use for Yandle anymore. As much as I'd love him back.

OEL - Demers
Chychrun - Hammer

That'll probably be the top 4 for the next couple of years and I doubt anyone wants to pay Yandle to play the third pairing.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wennberg seems like the odd man out now in Columbus, especially if they are going to re-sign Duchene. I think Wennberg's cap space is more valuable to them than him as a player. I think Fischer is still a little pricey for my taste but I wouldn't be too disappointed. I think Fischer has Zucker upside, and I think he is a favorite in the room. Moving him could hurt chemistry this year and look bad if he becomes a 20g plus - 50 point winger.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's interesting, Chayka says he wants to add, not really looking to subtract. But what the hell are we going to do with all these forwards? Even if you send down a few, there are still too many. Maybe we can dump Weal on someone and it doesn't really count as a subtraction.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine

I'd love to add Kreider, I think a 2nd and someone like Westerlund would get it done. Remember the Boedker deal? Kyle Wood, a 3rd, Bleackley and Tanguay.

NYR are shopping Zuccarello and Hayes and they've come public saying that they don't want to trade Kreider unless they're blown away as they don't want to leave all the offense up to Zibanejad. I think that value is roughly fair but I doubt the Rangers even consider it.

I'm thinking they'll be more or less looking for a conditional 2nd/1st depending on playoff success, NHL ready prospect, roster players.

Merkley/Fischer + Panik + conditional 2nd* + 4th.

*if the Yotes make playoffs and Kreider plays 50% of games left, pick becomes a 1st.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Are you comparing Kreider to Boedker???

Reactions: Jakey53

Hogan20

May 1, 2016
Maine
2 very different players. Ones more of a power forward while the other is a speedy winger.

Kreider:
0.6 ppg in 441 games with the Rangers

Boedker:
0.5 ppg in 367 games with the Coyotes per trade.

Both were/are 27 at the time of the trade, however, Boedker had just turned 27 and Kreider turns 28 in April.

There's also the health issues Kreider has had with the blood clots. Also, being a powerforward lends to your body shutting down sooner rather than later.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
I may be off base here but I’d love to grab Hoffman, bruises and all. He is a prolific goal scorer and I think would do well here. I know it would never happen but a deal that sees Hoffman and Yandle to the desert would be a dream.

I would love to grab Hoffman. Like huberdeau he would make this line up better for this year and next. We've dealt with Ribiero's baggage in the past. Hoffman's is nothing compared to that.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

Kreider has a year of term. Boeds was a UFA.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Ah man! I love Kreider!

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Ha no. But I don't think Krieder is a multiple B levels prospects plus picks type of player. Regardless I agree with Biz20 that he is probably not available anyways.

We really need to make a move, prices seem to be pretty low (Hagalin, Coyle, Nino all under market price). I would be disappointed in ownership if they can't find a way to add to the budget to make a push here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad