GDT: THE TRADE DEADLINE: Honors in Chemistry, or Bad Medicine?

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
How about Dzingel from Ottawa? What is his cost

Honestly been sort of over infatuated with him recently. Depending on his cost or interest in signing here long term, I wouldn't mind making a move for him. Really like his hands around the net, speed will gel well with our group, and he's got an nice shot. Would be our highest goal scorer and he is arguably playing on a much worse team. Perhaps a lottery protected 1st that is dependent on him signing with us.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I think well be bargain shopping,.not looking at the top names available. Which makes sense because we're thin, and we shouldn't be selling the farm. Guys like POJ could be available, but we aren't getting a prime name with him as a main piece.

Reactions: Jakey53

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
If Jensen gets Bowey + 2nd, we better be selling on Demer/Goligoski considering both are considerably better.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
D Garner a premium return at the deadline. I often wonder if that’s why Chayka and his staff have taken so many blueliners in recent drafts.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
No. Not at all. I kinda hate Goligoski and especially Demers. I might be more down on them than any Coyotes fan that posts on this forum. They're both better than Jensen, who basically sucks.
Jensen is a good 3rd pairing RD, and an ok 2nd pairing. He does that for significantly less money tgan than our two similar position players.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Probably better value than Demers because of contract ($3M and 4M cap hit instead of 2.5). Not anything like Goligoski's value

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Probably better value than Demers because of contract ($3M and 4M cap hit instead of 2.5). Not anything like Goligoski's value
Imo Goligoski's value is severely hampered by 2 more years at roughly $5.5 while trending the wrong direction. That's top 3 money for a guy probably not able to be top 3.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Goligoski is a decent 1st pairing, good 2nd pairing dman. Demers is a bit worse in the consistency department but could be a good 1st pairing. They're not world beaters, but Goligoski is 36th in d-man scoring since 2016/17, Demers is 92nd. Both are in the top 150 in p/gp, which improves to 40/71 respectively when considering only d-man with more than 150 games in that span.

Now I could be wrong, but I think teams consider that to be more valuable than a player with 15 points in each of 3 years, even given any supposed difference in defensive ability.

Reactions: MIG

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Go look at defenseman contracts. Lots of worse players at 5M+. Alzner, Ellis, Shatty, et al just recently signed worse deals, for example. Dmen get paid. They also fetch a premium at the deadline.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Go look at defenseman contracts. Lots of worse players at 5M+. Alzner, Ellis, Shatty, et al just recently signed worse deals, for example. Dmen get paid. They also fetch a premium at the deadline.
Are you suggesting Goligiski is better than Ryan Ellis??? Alzner is done and Shatty might not be far from joining him. Other bad contracts don't make Goligoski more valuable, He's old and overpaid.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Goligoski is a decent 1st pairing, good 2nd pairing dman. Demers is a bit worse in the consistency department but could be a good 1st pairing. They're not world beaters, but Goligoski is 36th in d-man scoring since 2016/17, Demers is 92nd. Both are in the top 150 in p/gp, which improves to 40/71 respectively when considering only d-man with more than 150 games in that span.

Now I could be wrong, but I think teams consider that to be more valuable than a player with 15 points in each of 3 years, even given any supposed difference in defensive ability.
If Goligoski and Demers are playing in your top 4 you really don't have much chance of being a good team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wennberg is a healthy scratch.
I can definitely see a fit. If Chayka is looking for center optionality to make up for the surely rusty Dvorak, the LTIR'd Schmaltz, and the declining Stepan, Wennberg checks the box. If he's looking for guys with term, Wennberg checks the box. He's in that early-mid-twenties age range that Chayka likes.

He could potentially help the PP and provide some offense, but he is definitely struggling there. Even still, he'd be tied for third among our active forwards in PP points this season. He is still doing something well enough to justify 2min/gp in PPTOI. Two seasons ago he led the Jackets forwards in PP points with 23. Our leader that year was Vrbata with 15, followed by Hanzal and Domi with 8 a piece. Last year Keller had 20, Stepan had 18 and Perlini had 11. So anyway, it's possible he could help out our god-awful PP.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
You were talking top 4, right? Guess TML are a bad team.
So where would you play either of Goligiski or Demers in TML top 4?? And I wrote both. But to be really honest TML aren't really that good when you consider how bad their D play against top teams so I guess you are correct.

Reactions: doaner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad