GDT: THE TRADE DEADLINE: Honors in Chemistry, or Bad Medicine?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Kreider has a year of term. Boeds was a UFA.

Yeah I was mostly replying to the initial proposed offer which I thought was pretty expensive.

I think my reasonable cost and chance to be moved short list looks like this:
Wennberg
Zucker (probably more of a draft aquesition since they are in a playoff spot)
Rust
Hoffman (baggage is concerning though)

Anything from Anaheim?

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
NYR are shopping Zuccarello and Hayes and they've come public saying that they don't want to trade Kreider unless they're blown away as they don't want to leave all the offense up to Zibanejad. I think that value is roughly fair but I doubt the Rangers even consider it.

I'm thinking they'll be more or less looking for a conditional 2nd/1st depending on playoff success, NHL ready prospect, roster players.

Merkley/Fischer + Panik + conditional 2nd* + 4th.

*if the Yotes make playoffs and Kreider plays 50% of games left, pick becomes a 1st.

We already traded one top-10 pick, lets not make that mistake again. Trading high rounders regularly will make your team very mediocre

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Here's a list of all of the (potentially realistic) possibilities I see.

Boedker - no, no, no
Zach Smith -love him, but he is probably done
Pageau- redundant with Cousins
Palmieri- doubt he's available
Miles Wood - sure, not sure he's available
Hall -- meh
Zibanejad-- doubt he is available
Kreider -- sure
Namestnikov -- sure at right money
Huberdeau -- sure
Hoffman-- sure
JVR-- sure
Okposo-- owed $20M next four years, injured all the time
Sheary-- we have enough middling skill midgets
Carter -- 34 with 3 yrs left. Don't see it
Toffoli -- at the right price,maybe
RNH -- not really interested
Henrique -- UFA
Zucker -- Sure

Reactions: Mosby

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Okposo’s LTIR contract in the summer? What real money is still owed versus his cap hit?

Edit: not enough is saved with his signing bonuses and salary still due

Editx2: Watch it end up being Milan Lucic and we all go for our toasters and bodies of water...

Let’s shoot for the moon and acquire newly gooned up McDavid for Keller and Chych and stick figure PoJ and a first (and maybe another 1st?) C’mon oilers :).

Last edited:

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
If Wennberg can be had for a pick, do it.

If Hoffman can be had for cheap, do it. Even sweeten it on our end for retention?

Fischer and a 2nd for Zucker seems about right? Maybe Fischer and a 3rd?

Keller - Wennberg - Hoffman
Galchenyuk - Dvo - Zucker
Grabner - Stepan - Hinostroza
Cousins - Richardson - Crouse

Adding 11M in salary isnt ideal for this team, though.

Still not sure dvo is a top 2 center.

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
YOTES need a scorer.... we need more PP production. Not sure who is out there that could help.
Move out Panik and Weal to shed roster spots.
The add has to be a productive goal scorer.

Reactions: Lilhoody

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Boedker - no, no, no
Zach Smith -love him, but he is probably done
Pageau- redundant with Cousins
Palmieri- doubt he's available
Miles Wood - sure, not sure he's available
Hall -- meh
Zibanejad-- doubt he is available
Kreider -- sure
Namestnikov -- sure at right money
Huberdeau -- sure
Hoffman-- sure
JVR-- sure
Okposo-- owed $20M next four years, injured all the time
Sheary-- we have enough middling skill midgets
Carter -- 34 with 3 yrs left. Don't see it
Toffoli -- at the right price,maybe
RNH -- not really interested
Henrique -- UFA
Zucker -- Sure
Both Hall and RNH would instantly be the best forwards on the team but sure, not interested.

I assume because of what it would cost to get them?

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Detroit just got a Second rounder and a prospect for Nick Jensen. Starting to wonder what Gologoski could fetch. Or dare I say chychrun (don't kill me for bringing him up.)

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Both Hall and RNH would instantly be the best forwards on the team but sure, not interested.

I assume because of what it would cost to get them?
I don't think RNH is that great at $6M a year, to be honest. He's a lightweight 50pt C, imo. I think his D is overrated, too, because it was the best of a bad bunch from the old core. And I think his ask would be too high.
Hall can be a force, but I don't think the Devils are going to just dump him given his previous MVP year. He's also mercurial and has only one year left on his contract.
We should be adding value to the roster and trying to get the deadweight off of it, and we aren't in a position to be selling a pile of futures and bluechips for guys that aren't in thr long-term plans.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I say we need to make a splash. Go for Hall. Go for Hoffman. Go for Stone. If indeed McDavid wants out offer OEL and 3 firsts. The Oil needs a full rebuild, anyway. We have the defense to match with McD and go far in the playoffs. And anyone who thinks that OEL has been an integral part of our low goals against hasn't really been watching carefully this year.
We are a point out of the playoffs. It is doubtful that we are going to fall so far as to be in line for a top 4 draft pick. Let's really go for it and land a top line scoring forward.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m hoping we can do Connauton(dump), Fischer and a pick for Zucker. Wild fans were definitely open to the idea. It seems fair. Chayka wants term, scoring, and PP chops. Zucker checks the boxes.

Also notable that Zucker and Coyle are best friends and so inseparable that their teammates refer to them as “Zoyle”. It might be a good time for Minny to move on from both, since they moved on from one.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How about both. We’re used to this crap anyway. Who needs actual players until there is an owner and arena.

It's ugly but it's free shit. Both Crouse (Bolland) and Chychrun (Datsyuk) scored last night.

If Toronto is going to circumvent the cap with insane signing bonuses, well this is our trick as a low budget team.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Under no uncertain terms would we ever consider trading for Turris.

I like a Stepan. He’s been a good player for AZ.

Of course not. I'm just using him as an example of a player who isn't quite a 1C, but has shown the possibility of getting there. We can't afford a Mackinnon type, but we probably can afford someone like Duchene, Couture, etc. And I'd rather have someone a bit younger than 28 and preferably a bit better than Stepan. I like him too, which is why I don't think we trade him and I wouldn't be upset if we don't.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
I would love to go for Huberdeau. We could package something like Fischer + Joseph + 2nd 2019 + cap dump in Panik

Edit: Joseph is expendable, LHD is only position where we are stacked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad