Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
If Fraser plays, who sits?

Who do you want to sit?
Who do you think Carlyle sits?

First question I would sit McLaren and dress 7 d-men most nights with McLaren getting games where we need the extra muscle.

Second question I think Carlyle will rotate Ranger Gardiner Rielly and Fraser around depending on who's struggling. All 4 will get plenty of ice time this year.

Geese_Howard*

It's hard to take garbage teams like Calgary and Edmonton seriously.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
The stream I use (hockeystreams) usually cuts out very shortly after the game, and the final image frozen on the screen was Reimer with a big smile on his face congratulating Bernier. It was pretty cool.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Hopefully we'll have Kule and Fraser back by next game,

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Clarkson - McClement - Lupul
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
McLaren* - Smith - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnar
Gardiner - Rielly
Fraser - Franson

Reimer
Bernier

*Ashton should be on the 4th but I'm pretty sure he's going to be suspended.

If we can contain the Canucks special teams, we have a great shot at beating them. 5 on 5 we can use our physicality and speed to give big troubles to their D and their top lines. Sedins should be matched up with Bolland line. They have enough physicality and speed to keep their top line in check. Other then that big line, their team isn't all that scary up front. Their defensive probably has more offensive ability than their forwards from lines 2-4.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
It's not insane at all with how Franson has been playing. I know Carlyle won't do that as I stated, but I think Franson deserves to sit if I had to pick one of our D to.

Yes it is. Franson is playing big minutes in all situations (2nd in Dmen minutes, behind Dion) and against tougher competition unlike his previous years because Leafs don't really have a 2nd pairing. Not to mention, he is playing with a rookie no less who makes plenty of mistakes himself. Franson will not come out of the line-up and nor should he.

You can make a case for Paul Ranger coming out of the line-up but really, Frasor isn't that great of a defensemen where guys should be coming out of the line-up for him. Most of his value comes on the PK and the team is doing just fine on that without him.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If we can contain the Canucks special teams, we have a great shot at beating them. 5 on 5 we can use our physicality and speed to give big troubles to their D and their top lines. Sedins should be matched up with Bolland line. They have enough physicality and speed to keep their top line in check. Other then that big line, their team isn't all that scary up front. Their defensive probably has more offensive ability than their forwards from lines 2-4.

The Canucks PK is pretty good. They're #4 just behind the Leafs. But their PP% is 29th in the league. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to contain.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Yes it is. Franson is playing big minutes in all situations (2nd in Dmen minutes, behind Dion) and against tougher competition unlike his previous years because Leafs don't really have a 2nd pairing. Not to mention, he is playing with a rookie no less who makes plenty of mistakes himself. Franson will not come out of the line-up and nor should he.

You can make a case for Paul Ranger coming out of the line-up but really, Frasor isn't that great of a defensemen where guys should be coming out of the line-up for him. Most of his value comes on the PK and the team is doing just fine on that without him.

His name is Fraser not Frasor. You'd think that Leaf fans could at least spell the names of their own players correctly.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
The Canucks PK is pretty good. They're #4 just behind the Leafs. But their PP% is 29th in the league. So I'm not really sure what you're trying to contain.

I get that their PP isn't that amazing this season but you never know when the Sedins decide to go off. As long as we can keep that Sedin/ Kesler line quiet. We are basically set. Their secondary scoring is Mike Freaking Santorelli.

Coatsy79

May 14, 2011
Uk
I actually like the look of that d core

I can understand Toskala (was fairly hyped when we traded for him) and Wellwood (was good for a time) but who the hell gets a Finger jersey? From the time we signed him, everyone was so surprised at the salary he got.

Perhaps it's a game worn? I remember the old players/AHL call up type game worn jerseys being pretty cheap at the ACC in April pretty much the same price as a "standard" jersey, very nearly bought one myself :)

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
I get that their PP isn't that amazing this season but you never know when the Sedins decide to go off. As long as we can keep that Sedin/ Kesler line quiet. We are basically set. Their secondary scoring is Mike Freaking Santorelli.

You guys should know better. Leafs are the premier slump busters in the NHL. We'll take the Canucks 29th place PP and make it look godly. :laugh:

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

I know full well Carlyle won't scratch him, but if any of our D deserve to sit right now it's him. He was terrible last night and wasn't that great tonight. I think him missing a chunk of camp has set him back slightly.

In regards to Fraser he's an abrasive physical shutdown defenceman a piece our line up is sorely missing right now. Is he a great defenceman? No, but he's steady and solid and brings a physical presence we don't currently have on our blueline. Ideally him and Franson could be paired again like last year, when they were both very good.

Penalty Kill Icing*

How was it a good win? We owned you the whole game! If not for your goaltender the Flames would have scored a touchdown.

Congratulations on winning your first game at the Saddledome in over a decade. :handclap:

You will be amazed at how many times we hear this from opposition fans after Leafs win. This is Leafs hockey. How long this can last? No one knows. But it sure works right now.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
How was it a good win? We owned you the whole game! If not for your goaltender the Flames would have scored a touchdown.

Congratulations on winning your first game at the Saddledome in over a decade. :handclap:

Yea, it's really unfortunate that your team couldn't beat our goalie with those spectacular shots. Lucky for you the Goalie isn't part of the hockey team and so you guys win!:amazed:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Carried the play in the 2nd no doubt, I didn't see a whole ton of domination one way or another in the 1st and 3rd. Bernier came up big on numerous occaisions though.

jomas

Aug 23, 2008
snows too much

It's nice to see some hater's come into our forum, really lets me know they're stung.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

See that L beside your teams name today? Get used to that if you aren't already bud.

C"L"gary is a joke.

Honestly didn't even notice we played In the saddledome since there were more leafs fans than flame fans. ;)

kule41

Mar 26, 2008
blJD51V.gif

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
some fast hockey... Calgary reminds me of the Habs
bunch of nobodies but they can play hockey

a lot tougher than the Oilers

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

I keep getting reminded of the quote about, you shouldn't apologize for good goaltending.

And I'm sure how quickly Flames fans forget a player that saved their backside for the better part of a decade. Has Kipper already slipped out of their minds?

Yes, Toronto was badly outplayed and in much of a similar way to what happened in Edmonton, it seemed like the Flames were deflated a bit after the 2nd goal. They still brought the same pressure, but wasn't sustained. Toronto's defensive game was poor and continues to be. It will bite them in the rear when they play a team like Detroit and they put up a 7 spot on the Buds. Until then, it appears that management and coaching seem content with 5 dozen shots a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln