Post-Game Talk: The Toronto Fire Extinguishers... Leafs beat Flames 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
So jut wanted to point out almost every win of our season so far has gone like this..

Dancing boxer=our opponents, knockout guy=leafs.

If we can do this for a whole season will we kill corsi? Or will we still be seen as unattainable.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They get assists on the powerplay.

Also they cannot score IMPORTANT goals on even strength, almost ever. That is the EXACT reason these sedins will never ever win the stanley cup. They will be sweeped away in the important scoring playoffs always. By san jose, by boston, by everybody else. Sedins are not good enough even strength. Not enough will and power.

Vancouver has 4 power plays goals total. 1 of which Hernik has. Tell me how his 15 assists came on the power play? At most 3 of them could.

he's scored at least 14 of his 18 points even strength

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
So jut wanted to point out almost every win of our season so far has gone like this..

Dancing boxer=our opponents, knockout guy=leafs.

If we can do this for a whole season will we kill corsi? Or will we still be seen as unattainable.

We could win the stanley cup and the advanced stats guys would still be saying it was a fluke due to corsi.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Vancouver has 4 power plays goals total. 1 of which Hernik has. Tell me how his 15 assists came on the power play? At most 3 of them could.

I saw enough sedins the last few years in the playoffs.

They basically are mediocre top 6 forwards when the playoffs come in.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Bernier breaks the C-urse

Stefan Hoogerbrugge
10/30/2013
If you’re one of those fans that will only be satisfied if the Leafs play a near perfect game (Pittsburgh), you will likely have lots of negative things to say about tonight’s tilt against the surprisingly not-so-bad Calgary Flames. I, however, am going to look at the positives and leave those negatives for another day.

Jonathan Bernier

http://wewantacup.com/headlines/1908-bernier-breaks-the-c-urse

" ... F U Farrell"

Mr Scarface*

In important games the sedins never score on the even strength. This has been a short season so far. Sedins have scored some on the even strength during these non important games and like I stated earlier they will never, ever win the cup. They will crumble under pressure in the playoffs everytime. I will promise that to continue 100%. Canucks can't score on the powerplay I see, glad to hear. Not even on the pp anymore.

I saw enough sedins the last few years in the playoffs.

They basically are mediocre top 6 forwards when the playoffs come in.
Me too. I was laughing out loud so many times when those sedins picked themselves up from the ice.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
ive never seen or notice clarkson play, like why would i watch jersey games...seeing him for first few games, im seeing why ppl called him the top forward available this summer...ive never noticed some1 more in a game, like every shift hes out there giving his all and u know hes out there...hes surprising strong skater too with decent moves, but we works and hits, cycles, holds the puck and crashes net so well...hes amazing

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
ive never seen or notice clarkson play, like why would i watch jersey games...seeing him for first few games, im seeing why ppl called him the top forward available this summer...ive never noticed some1 more in a game, like every shift hes out there giving his all and u know hes out there...hes surprising strong skater too with decent moves, but we works and hits, cycles, holds the puck and crashes net so well...hes amazing

He scored against us last season on a breakaway IIRC.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
also love what im seeing from ashton, hes not a finisher or got many skills but he works out there

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I love having the balanced schedule back. The Leafs have such a tremendous following in Western Canada, and it always makes for a phenomenal atmosphere during these West Coast swings.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I love having the balanced schedule back. The Leafs have such a tremendous following in Western Canada, and it always makes for a phenomenal atmosphere during these West Coast swings.

There's no difference in the number of games against the Alberta and BC teams. There's been two games a year between those teams and the Ontario and Quebec teams for several years now. Except, of course, for last year's lockout-shortened season.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

I'm surprised you didn't; he's scored more goals against the Leafs than any other team in his career, 10 goals in 21 games :shakehead

But yeah, he brings a lot of value with his forechecking and cycling abilities....that play he made to create the Raymond goal was awesome.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Great game to attend ! Finally the boys gpt a win while I was in attendance ! even before his empty netter ranger had a wicked game. Boys were heavily out shot, and berniers sound positioning won that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->