Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
blJD51V.gif

25yuswsw28295.gif

Saul Goodman

Attorney at law
Dec 12, 2009
Toronto
How was it a good win? We owned you the whole game! If not for your goaltender the Flames would have scored a touchdown.

Congratulations on winning your first game at the Saddledome in over a decade. :handclap:

the butthurt is strong with this one.

too bad they don't give out awards for the most shots on net.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
People are ragging on ranger. I think he's played damn good as of late. Wtf are you guys expecting for a # 5 or 6 dman making 1 million?

If Carlyle has enough trust in Ranger to put him out there in the last minute when we are shorthanded 6 skaters to 4 with the game on the line. Why some fans don't is beyond me.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
How was it a good win? We owned you the whole game! If not for your goaltender the Flames would have scored a touchdown.

and if my dog had balls she'd be a boy...

Can people stop using the goaltender excuse.. please?? Last I checked, the goalie was part of the team and his job was to stop shots. Kessel's job is to score goals, Orr's job is to beat people up and so on. As this is a team game, if people don't do their jobs, the team as a whole can't win. With good teams, everyone does their jobs and the team wins because all facets of the game are completed better than the other team.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Congratulations on winning your first game at the Saddledome in over a decade. :handclap:

Blah....blah.....outplayed...blah blah.....outshot.....blah....blah......Corsi.....blah blah....wash, rinse, repeat.

Bottom line, Leafs win.....Flames lose. Move along.

naturalnumbas

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto
You know, they outshot us, but then look at their top 6 and ask why we should care?

Colborne and Stajan looked like their best players.... been there done that.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just watched the replay of the game winning goal, it was all David Clarkson, broke up the play, stick handled into the zone and got the shot on goal for a Raymond goal.

Nice to see him rewarded with an assist, for all the hard work out there. He and Bolland are Leafs most complete 200 ft players, they don't take short cuts. This is the thing I notice about Clarkson, 200 ft and finishes his checks. Plays a high effort game.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa

I love when they come in here crying :laugh:

Flames are pretty terrible just FYI. It such a shame good young talent like Monahan is going to be wasted playing a on a "junior" team :laugh:

Wait..they're not juniors...they've got Matt Stajan. All is well.:laugh:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I agree with flameaholic on this one - it was not a good win. But I don`t think it was all Bernier. Their finishing was quite pathetic, to be honest. Not to discredit Berny - who was outstanding.

The Flames have a very impressive unit going on there - much better than the Edmonton lot. They have a good mix of old and young, and they all just work their tail off. Not many coasters on that team, unlike the CHL Oilers. What they lack in talent, they make up for with their work ethic. I was very impressed with Monahan, Brodie and Colborne. This team has a very bright future if Feaster doesn`t **** things up.

The goaltending is the most consistent thing about our team, and it is also our biggest strength so far. Never thought I`d be saying this 2 years ago. These two are the first starter calibre goalies we have had since Belfour.

EDDIE20*

The Flames would probably have more luck scoring a touchdown. They can't seem to score very many goals.;)

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
This is why their team sucks: their coach says things like this:

"I felt that we had a good game. We are not very pleased with the result but I don't know what we could have done more," said Flames coach Bob Hartley. "Offensively we generated a lot. Our forechecking was good. Our puck decisions in the offensive zone were very good but Bernier basically stole the game away from us."

When you give up 4 goals in a game, all of them on miserable turnovers, you didn't play a good game. You just played an aggressive game with a lot of pinches that led to a lot of zone time, and also a lot of odd-man rushes coming back the other way.

Their second period was very good. The rest of their game stunk.

Their forwards are talentless plugs. They are the Ron Wilson-era Leafs.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
This is why their team sucks: their coach says things like this:

When you give up 4 goals in a game, all of them on miserable turnovers, you didn't play a good game. You just played an aggressive game with a lot of pinches that led to a lot of zone time, and also a lot of odd-man rushes coming back the other way.

Their second period was very good. The rest of their game stunk.

Their forwards are talentless plugs. They are the Ron Wilson-era Leafs.

LOL miserable turnovers. Their goalie couldn't making a stop to save his life

Yeah you are right, this is why they suck :shakehead

They outplayed us throughout the whole game. Take off your blinders for a sec

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
David Clarkson... He and Bolland are Leafs most complete 200 ft players, they don't take short cuts.

Disagree, I think McClement and Bolland are the two Leafs more complete 200 ft players. Although I will concede that Clarkson has more offensive game than Jay. It was good to see Clarkson getting the assist and creating some scoring chances. I'm really liking the willingness to stand up for teammates he's shown verbally, and still waiting to see his first fight!

EDDIE20*

See that L beside your teams name today? Get used to that if you aren't already bud.

C"L"gary is a joke.

Honestly didn't even notice we played In the saddledome since there were more leafs fans than flame fans. ;)

It's nice to see the ACC has locations in every NHL city in Canada.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

The whole game? Not really.

It certainly wasn't a pretty win though. But again, sometimes we'll dominate and lose, sometimes we'll dominate and win, and sometimes it'll be the other way around.

That's hockey for you.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Disagree, I think McClement and Bolland are the two Leafs more complete 200 ft players. Although I will concede that Clarkson has more offensive game than Jay. It was good to see Clarkson getting the assist and creating some scoring chances. I'm really liking the willingness to stand up for teammates he's shown verbally, and still waiting to see his first fight!

If Mcclement could score more, I would agree. 200 ft means good at both ends of ice.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I really don't have time or the will to pay attention to sore losers who say "Leafs are lucky" "Leafs will come back down to earth" Who the **** cares! A win is a win, Bernier is part of this team and we win as a team and lose as a team. Sometimes we will out-play the opponent sometimes we'll have to rely on our goaltending, in the end the win and the 2 points are the same in the standings. keep the momentum going, this team is rolling nicely right now!! GO LEAFS GO BABY!!! Love this team.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Agree 100%, we were thoroughly outplayed. Two points is always nice but I feel a bit dirty after this one. I've gotten into the habit of going to espn.com every morning to check out the gamecast and see if that matches my view of the game. What I saw there confirmed my suspicions. Unlike Edmonton, where we were outshot but not outchanced we were thorougly dominated. That's 3 games this year (PHI-CHI also) where we were outplayed by a huge margin and the fact that our awesome goalies stole two of those games for us shouldn't blind anyone to the fact that the Leafs have yet to play one quality 60 minute game this season.

Goalies can steal games here and there, and they sometimes can steal an entire playoff series. But if you want to be a serious contender, you have to have a lot more than that going for you.

On paper, Calgary doesn't even belong in the same league with us yet they dominated us. Not good. I'll take the two points, but perhaps it would have been better to lose this one because this team is in need of a wakeup call.

EDDIE20*

I really don't have time or the will to pay attention to sore losers who say "Leafs are lucky" "Leafs will come back down to earth" Who the **** cares! A win is a win, Bernier is part of this team and we win as a team and lose as a team. Sometimes we will out-play the opponent sometimes we'll have to rely on our goaltending, in the end the win and the 2 points are the same in the standings. keep the momentum going, this team is rolling nicely right now!! GO LEAFS GO BABY!!! Love this team.

This.

Not every win will be pretty. Sometimes you just have to run with it. Calgary had their chances to tie it up last night and couldn't get it done.

It's not our fault our golatending is solid. I can think of worse problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad