Post-Game Talk: The Toronto Fire Extinguishers... Leafs beat Flames 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Totally expecting a loss on Saturday, but man if they can win that would be great. How about a win with Raymond getting the game winning goal for the heck of it?

Mr Scarface*

Randy 'thinks' Fraser and Kulemin will play Saturday
That's the plan
I always love Carly's plans and this sounds fun! They are IMPORTANTA! Fraser is such a powerful player for us. His D-game is strong. Blocking will get better too.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Randy 'thinks' Fraser and Kulemin will play Saturday
That's the plan
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
I love that we have been slotting in our skilled players (JVR, Kadri) and the PK hasn't missed a beat. Randy Carlyle and Jay McClement have turned this PK from laughing stock to something that we can legitimately say we might be the best at leaguewide.

We're #4 for PK%, #5 PPGA, and #1 for SHG. Not too shabby!

I think people should be crediting our goalies moreso than Carlyle or McClement for the PK turnaround. That's not to say they haven't been big, they have of course but a good reason why our PK was a running joke is because of goalies like Toskala, Gustavsson, Giguere, Raycroft and whatever other crappy goalies we used.

Tyler Biggs*

To Hab fans saying the Leafs are only winning because of their schedule. Well, Leafs have beaten 6 teams with winning records this season. Habs have just 2 wins against winning teams.

Haters out in force. Running out of excuses though.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
I've seen Toskala, Wellwood and Finger jerseys at Ottawa games.

I can understand Toskala (was fairly hyped when we traded for him) and Wellwood (was good for a time) but who the hell gets a Finger jersey? From the time we signed him, everyone was so surprised at the salary he got.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
To Hab fans saying the Leafs are only winning because of their schedule. Well, Leafs have beaten 6 teams with winning records this season. Habs have just 2 wins against winning teams.

Haters out in force. Running out of excuses though.

Vancouver will be our 15th game of the year... We have only played Edmonton twice meaning we have played nearly half of the teams in the league already

Asif16*

Kulemin would be a huge addition. He is such a key component for the overall team defense. Great two-way forward.

So is fraser. Opposition players are all up on our goalies grill. Our goalies get run over way to many times. FRaser is gonna set things staright

Geese_Howard*

People are ragging on ranger. I think he's played damn good as of late. Wtf are you guys expecting for a # 5 or 6 dman making 1 million?

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The toe drag, he's coming close
I'd like to see a Lupul-Clarkson tandem
It'll be interesting to see how a Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson line performs. If Kulemin could return, he'd likely play with McClement and Raymond.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - McClement - Kulemin
Fist A - Smith - Fist B

Looks solid. We're going to be able to be maintain a consistent attack with Lupul on an offensively-capable line.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
People are ragging on ranger. I think he's played damn good as of late. Wtf are you guys expecting for a # 5 or 6 dman making 1 million?

Unfortunately people are quite stupid. For some reason, everyone around here is so desperate for a whipping boy. Ranger has played well in his role and has not cost this team any games or made any critical errors. Not to mention, his underlying possession numbers are fantastic, especially on the Penalty Kill where he has been absolute dynamite.

Anyways, I hope we can buck another trend on Saturday and finally get a win against in Vancouver, in Vancouver. That would be two long streaks broken at once.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I saw Liles take the pregame skate FWIW .. Wonder if Gunnar or another d-man was banged up and was a game time decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille