OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
last week - snakes that open doors.

This week - they fly.

X0N465m.gif

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
wohooo! More reasons to drink!

In all tests, performance sharply increased as people got more sleep, peaking at seven hours of sleep a day. From there, things showed a more gradual decline, with people who got 10 hours of sleep scoring about the same as those who got five. A similar pattern, with a much lower threshold, was apparent when it came to alcohol intake. People who had one or two drinks a day outperformed the teetotalers, but anything above the two-drink threshold saw a drop. In order to see scores similar to those who abstained, people had to have four or five drinks a day.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/06/brain-training-app-brings-big-data-to-human-cognition/

So whether I have 2, 3 or 4 drinks a day is simply determining whether I'm going to out perform or tie the sober guy. NICE.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
wohooo! More reasons to drink!

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/06/brain-training-app-brings-big-data-to-human-cognition/

So whether I have 2, 3 or 4 drinks a day is simply determining whether I'm going to out perform or tie the sober guy. NICE.
I like your style!!!!!

So, i can tell its a Friday and close to Eastern closing when the TaN has been abandoned.

Debating my drink of choice tonight....

Tomorrow the Park district out here set up a Cabernet Cabaret that the Mrs got tix for. and it's BYOB and food
So i got the Cabernet, Chardonnay, and some finger foods from Trader Joes to sit and relax without kids. It sounds kinda lame, but it will be a nice time without the kids. Hoping weather holds up

Park districts in the Western Chicago Burbs are amazing. Something NJ is really lacking and I will miss if we ever leave here.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
Good grief. Left for bars at 12am and headed to Jersey City after bars closed and went to a friend's brothers million dollar apartment and got there by 5am. Drank a ton of absinthe and other stuff until 9am and just got back to nyc. Goodnight.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
The gf and I had an amazing weekend fishing. Must of caught 20 fish between last nigh and tonight. Probably a dozen Catfish, the rest Largemouths. Even had a visit from a water moccasin. Had a few bass in the 3lbs range. Probably had 2 channel cats in that range too. The gf lost a HUGE channel cat right as she was about to pull it on land as it jumped. Awesome weekend

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Where'd you go?

Had a hell of a 40 minutes at monocacy yesterday. Got several 10 or so inch wild browns. A couple in the 16 inch range and a 17 inch rainbow. Only a few more days until I'll be on Lake Champlain for a week. Can not wait.

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
Where'd you go?

Had a hell of a 40 minutes at monocacy yesterday. Got several 10 or so inch wild browns. A couple in the 16 inch range and a 17 inch rainbow. Only a few more days until I'll be on Lake Champlain for a week. Can not wait.

Where I live in Rockaway is a private lake community, so we just did some shore fishing at our lake, its about 1 mile round and probably no deeper than 13-15 feet in the middle. Had some night crawlers hooked up with a weight about a foot away on the bottom to hit the deeper waters.

A former coworker of mine was in a fishing club out of Lake Hopatcong and they do anual trips around to come places and one of them is Champlain. He loves it up there, he leaves a day early on that trip to get the extra day in.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Went to the Hofbrauhaus this weekend. Started off with the 34oz
th
Lager

Then went with the Bavarian Pretzel
420.rb.ba.bc.hofbrauhaus2xSS.jpg

hofbrauhaus-1024x768.jpg

And finally got the Sauerbraten. Sadly, the gravy tasted like it was from a can, but the Spatzle and red cabbage were awesome.

I was so full.... But it was fun to watch the Hawks game with about a thousand close friends at the entertainment district near O'Hare.
And if you get a shot of Jager, the pull out a shot paddle and give you a nice whack... The dudes took it easy on the ladies, but Fraulein, She gave it all her might. You could hear it all the way across the huge place.
img_2088.jpg

Last edited:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
The 34oz only filled me up too much....It eventually caught up to me a little, but remember, I said I have been drinking a lot lately. The beers may be seasonal, didnt see MAibock on list.

I have been to a few German places out here, and can say it was better then the Chicago Brauhaus, but not better then a few other places. Cant say authentic, but they try. The Oompa band was not quite the full oompa. A guy on Keyboard playing the accordion sound, which is lame.... Essen haus had a three pc band with a snare, accordion and horn.
I'd rank

Essen Haus-Madison Wisc- Atmosphere was awesome, right in German college town so they are drinkers there. Boots passed around all day and they cant touch the table.. Lots of fun drinking rules.
Chef Pauls- Lisle Ill- Food was really good here, prob best of all of them
Hoffbrauhaus-definitely commercial, but look at the company.
CHicago Brauhaus- Just overrated for what it is i thought, maybe since i went in the afternoon it wasn't as good, but food was less then mediocre.

and a few others i forget the name of.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Only a few more days until I'll be on Lake Champlain for a week. Can not wait.

I used to live walking distance to Lake Champlain. Awesome bass fishing. Popular for lakers too if you've got a boat. We used to get out of work at 11pm and a bunch of us would shore fish (and drink) all night from the sandbar bridge. Good times.

You should take a day and do some trout fishing in some of the small streams when you're up there - I miss that a lot.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
The 34oz only filled me up too much....It eventually caught up to me a little, but remember, I said I have been drinking a lot lately. The beers may be seasonal, didnt see MAibock on list.

I have been to a few German places out here, and can say it was better then the Chicago Brauhaus, but not better then a few other places. Cant say authentic, but they try. The Oompa band was not quite the full oompa. A guy on Keyboard playing the accordion sound, which is lame.... Essen haus had a three pc band with a snare, accordion and horn.
I'd rank

Essen Haus-Madison Wisc- Atmosphere was awesome, right in German college town so they are drinkers there. Boots passed around all day and they cant touch the table.. Lots of fun drinking rules.
Chef Pauls- Lisle Ill- Food was really good here, prob best of all of them
Hoffbrauhaus-definitely commercial, but look at the company.
CHicago Brauhaus- Just overrated for what it is i thought, maybe since i went in the afternoon it wasn't as good, but food was less then mediocre.

and a few others i forget the name of.

Boot Game Rules
Tradition Number 1. Das Boot must never be set on the table.
Tradition Number 2. Das Boot should be drank with the toe pointed up... watch out for that air bubble!
Tradition Number 3. Das Boot must be passed around the table for everyone to share.
Tradition Number 4. Das Boot must be flicked once before drinking and once before passing it to the next person.
Tradition Number 5. The last person to NOT finish Das Boot (a.k.a the person who drank immediately before the person who finished it) has to buy the next Boot.
Tradition Number 6. Once the bier in Das Boot is low enough for someone to finish during their turn, everone at the table must initiate the ceremonial table pounding for encouragement. Other patrons at the Essen Haus will follow suit in solidarity.

(Unofficial) Tradition Number 7: Once the bier is gone, get another boot! Three boots will win you a free T-shirt.

Sounds like a good place to watch a Packers game. :laugh:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Sounds like a good place to watch a Packers game. :laugh:
I know the rules well.
And the Essen is just a coolk old school type place. Not a big place. Usually you will see about 6 people to a table with boots. I actually have a boot at my house from the Essen that I got on my wedding day. We ended up passing it around at the reception. Flick it, drink it, flick it. We filled it up over 40 times. It holds like 8 beers.
http://essen-haus.com/
Made many trips there. My Brother lives on the West side of Madison.

You can get hammered. But be careful, they take a deposit for the boots before you start drinking. Its like $75 in case you break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad