OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
appears as though I'll probably have to have surgery on my right arm to repair the nerve damage. Might try fly back home and go to Mayo in Minny to have it done..

Not being able to work on the golf game for a month has been torture.

It'll cost more to fly back there then finding a doctor/hospital here to do it!

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
It'll cost more to fly back there then finding a doctor/hospital here to do it!

I'm going home in august for my sister's wedding so I may work it out to stay after and have it done. Getting an MRI this week so I'll decide then..

And isn't Mayo pretty expensive? Although I'm sure it can't be too bad with insurance.

It's widely recognized as one of the best in the country so if I can get it done there I will..

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I'm going home in august for my sister's wedding so I may work it out to stay after and have it done. Getting an MRI this week so I'll decide then..

It's widely recognized as one of the best in the country so if I can get it done there I will..

What is it do you think.
I have to go to get an MRI for a likely torn Labrum (yeah, I am an absolute mess with my heart, and shoulder.)
even if arthroscopic, its a good 3 month recovery....

Since my Wife is a PT, i have learned to not ask nurses or friends who the good dr's are, ask a Physical therapist. And ask who they would recommend. Do not ask if so and so is good, cause you will put them on the spot. They see the final results and can tell you who gets the best results.
They're outrageous. You can get almost identical care at the Miracle Whip clinic for about half price.

Yeah, but they just give you the typical field Dressing.:)

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
What is it do you think.
I have to go to get an MRI for a likely torn Labrum (yeah, I am an absolute mess with my heart, and shoulder.)

Since my Wife is a PT, i have learned to not ask nurses or friends who the good dr's are, ask a Physical therapist. And ask who they would recommend. Do not ask if so and so is good, cause you will put them on the spot. They see the final results and can tell you who gets the best results.

It costs a lot of bacon to get top quality doctors working on you, and even then sometimes they will lettuce down.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
What is it do you think.

Not sure if I slept on my arm wrong or what, but there seems to be nerve damage. Don't have the greatest range with my wrist/hand right now. I can carry things, but the movement is limited. I've been to the neurologist twice. She tried to "wake up" the nerve yesterday by doing a shock/needle test but that didnt work. So she said the next step would be an MRI and an arm surgeon.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Not sure if I slept on my arm wrong or what, but there seems to be nerve damage. Don't have the greatest range with my wrist/hand right now. I can carry things, but the movement is limited. I've been to the neurologist twice. She tried to "wake up" the nerve yesterday by doing a shock/needle test but that didnt work. So she said the next step would be an MRI and an arm surgeon.
How much you wanna bet they send you to Physical Therapy...Surgeons almost always send you to PT before doing surgery, well at my wifes office at least. Especially if you don't know what happened. I know mine is from years of Baseball and weightlifting.
I am disappoint. I thought you were going to complete the BLT by working tomato in there somehow then you go all chicken salad on me.
Oh, thats just a roma(rumor---Stretch) I was still making a salad.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
How much you wanna bet they send you to Physical Therapy...Surgeons almost always send you to PT before doing surgery, well at my wifes office at least. Especially if you don't know what happened. I know mine is from years of Baseball and weightlifting.

Oh, thats just a roma(rumor---Stretch) I was still making a salad.

The neurologist recommended PT, but can they do much if it's internal damage? I honestly don't know so I'm asking.

My only experience with PT is when I fractured my elbow. After the surgery they helped me get my full movement back.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
The neurologist recommended PT, but can they do much if it's internal damage? I honestly don't know so I'm asking.

My only experience with PT is when I fractured my elbow. After the surgery they helped me get my full movement back.

They can do more than you think. They usually help with Range, and strength. Nerves may be different, but if nerves are damaged they either take time to heal, will need surgery, or will never heal.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
Never had Miracle Whip. I've heard you either love it or hate it.

yes, you either like big slimy globs of no taste or you like a little flavor instead of a generic lubricant for your sandwiches.

I like flavor.

I also love this.

!ByO8iiwCGk~$(KGrHqUOKjEEw()KsUq!BMQ15j3!Jg~~_35.JPG

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
They can do more than you think. They usually help with Range, and strength. Nerves may be different, but if nerves are damaged they either take time to heal, will need surgery, or will never heal.

Yeah, I'm going to get the MRI done and see if they can view the extent of the damage and go from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad