Who Are The Worst Playoff Performers Of All Time?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Tukka Rask and Frederik Andersen. Both have choked in every big crucial moment they've ever played in, except when Rask played Andersen in that game 7 between the Bruins and the Leafs.

Rask has a .925 career playoff SV% 27 GSAA for his career in the playoffs. His playoff numbers are actually better than his regular season numbers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Luca f***in' Sbisa.
I'm not gonna sit here and act like he was some playoff warrior but he did play 12 playoff games in Vegas' first run to the finals. Gotta be worse options than that.
mcdavid and thats why he wont pass crosby all time
Not that I need to entertain bad bait but he's a great playoff performer. Unfortuately for the Oilers he can't carry their offense and play goal at the same time.

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm not gonna sit here and act like he was some playoff warrior but he did play 12 playoff games in Vegas' first run to the finals. Gotta be worse options than that.
Not that I need to entertain bad bait but he's a great playoff performer. Unfortuately for the Oilers he can carry their offense and play goal at the same time.

Wasn't Luca Sbisa the guy who inexplicably hopped on the ice to get in the way of a Capitals player that year?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Wasn't Luca Sbisa the guy who inexplicably hopped on the ice to get in the way of a Capitals player that year?
Couldn't tell you. All I remember from that series was a sloppy game 1 from both teams that ended in a Knights win, the Holtby save on Tuch, and a million crosscrease passes Vegas couldn't get a read on until they were already trailing in game 5. And Vegas generally looking burned out while Washington outworked the pound for pound and shift for shift. Sbisa was definitely one of the bigger adventures on the blueline even during that run though. Least missed defenseman in VGK's short history.

D1az

Oct 29, 2009
Finland
Rask has a .925 career playoff SV% 27 GSAA for his career in the playoffs. His playoff numbers are actually better than his regular season numbers.
There was someone who had gone through his stats for game 7s and his stats for those were absolutely atrocious.
In case someone has them readily available it would be interesting to see them now that he's retired.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
There was someone who had gone through his stats for game 7s and his stats for those were absolutely atrocious.
In case someone has them readily available it would be interesting to see them now that he's retired.

3-3 in 6 games. GAA of 3.35 and save percentage of 0.867.

Game log:

bpRHtgG.png

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Couldn't tell you. All I remember from that series was a sloppy game 1 from both teams that ended in a Knights win, the Holtby save on Tuch, and a million crosscrease passes Vegas couldn't get a read on until they were already trailing in game 5. And Vegas generally looking burned out while Washington outworked the pound for pound and shift for shift. Sbisa was definitely one of the bigger adventures on the blueline even during that run though. Least missed defenseman in VGK's short history.
Pretty sure it was that series, but the biggest thing I remember was Marchy serving a penalty and when it expired the penalty box dude wasn't letting him out of the box.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
All time, no idea. But the 3 players who manage to not only look worse but perform worse every time that I’ve seen are Mitch Marner, Nik Ehlers and Connor Hellebuyck.

As far as non star players go, Conor Sheary sucked really bad in the playoffs against any team that was particularly physical.

Did you watch the Jets Oilers series?

Reactions: Channelcat

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
mcdavid and thats why he wont pass crosby all time
McDavid's playoff numbers are amazing I put Crosby above McDavid because he's everything you want in a captain. he's a true leader and a proven winner.
its not impossible for McDavid to over take Crosby all-time but he will need atleast a cup win before majority will agree
___
new post
___

can the entire Maple Leafs Organization count?

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Panarin deserves a honourable mention, he just dissappears in 5vs5 hockey come playoff time. Once again only one point through three games and abhorrent shot metrics when he's on the ice.

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad