OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Finally starting to feel human again...people who say pregnancy is great really need to have their heads examined. And those with perfect pregnancies...I want to punch you!

I also have a very stubborn child who does not wish to have their heartbeat heard on the doppler and insists on being seen each time I go to the doctor. :shakehead

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I used to live walking distance to Lake Champlain. Awesome bass fishing. Popular for lakers too if you've got a boat. We used to get out of work at 11pm and a bunch of us would shore fish (and drink) all night from the sandbar bridge. Good times.

You should take a day and do some trout fishing in some of the small streams when you're up there - I miss that a lot.

The smallie fishing there is ridiculous. I see some big northerns caught there too, even though the lake is not necessarily known for them. Lake trout fishing is something I could never really get into. It's too passive. Trolling in 60+ feet of water really isn't my thing, nor is trolling in general. I know you can jig for them too but I've never had much success that way.

As for the trout streams, maybe. I'm sure it's beautiful and the fishing is good, but I do so much of that here. When I get to a place like Champlain, I get into power fishing mode. 7 rods ready to go on the deck of the boat. Tearing across the lake at 50 mph, hit dozens of spots in a day. Like tournament fishing. I don't really get to do that kind of fishing much around here. I can find lots of forgotten or otherwise hidden streams around here where I can get away from people and have the whole stream to myself. Not so with lakes. All the lakes attract so many people. I like to take advantage of being able to go out on a lake and only see maybe a couple other boats.

In other news, I absolutely can not fall asleep. I know I'm tired. I just slept for like an hour, but woke up and have not been able to go back to sleep. I have a tee time this afternoon and I'd rather not be falling asleep on the course...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I am a fan of pitch black with no noise.

Natural noises like bugs and birds are fine but I accept noises from fans and the such.

Can't sleep with the TV on.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Finally starting to feel human again...people who say pregnancy is great really need to have their heads examined. And those with perfect pregnancies...I want to punch you!

I also have a very stubborn child who does not wish to have their heartbeat heard on the doppler and insists on being seen each time I go to the doctor. :shakehead

Wife would agree with this but hopefully the actual birth is as easy (should I say no problems, short instead lol?) as her's was.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I am a fan of pitch black with no noise.

Natural noises like bugs and birds are fine but I accept noises from fans and the such.

Can't sleep with the TV on.

sensory deprivation? no thanks.

Sensory+Depravation+2.jpg

might wake up in an altered state being a caveman or something.

Seriously, too quiet will drive you nuts.

is so quiet that many have reported having hallucinations while in the room for extended periods of time.

http://news.discovery.com/human/life/worlds-quietest-room-will-drive-you-crazy-in-30-minutes.htm

Last edited:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
So i wanted to promote something,

My brother-in-law just launched a new tailgating game, and figured i'd share with you all if it may be something that you all are interested in. I helped him with some development on the production side to lower costs, but it is a cross between Pong and Bags.

http://www.brubag.com/
20130518_145013-1024x768.jpg
MonsterBash1.JPG

Idea was made by an Army and Coast Gaurd Vet.

BruBagClassicMainThumb-300x300.jpg

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

My brother-in-law just launched a new tailgating game, and figured i'd share with you all if it may be something that you are interested in. I helped him with some development on the production side to lower costs, but it is a cross between Pong and Bags.

http://www.brubag.com/
20130518_145013-1024x768.jpg
MonsterBash1.JPG

Idea was made by an Army and Coast Gaurd Vet.

GENIUS. What a great idea.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I live in an apartment. Not a lot of storage space - or playing space - for this.

But I have friends who might be interested, I'll probably chip in for someone to buy it, haha.
Part of the design was so that it was smaller then the regular Cornhole games, and easy to take with you. Fits flat in a trunk. It is literally two slabs 3/4" thick and all the parts fit into a nylon bag. Keeping it affordable was tough, but thats why i got involved since i had some production connections. He originally wanted to injection mold, but i pushed him away from it since a mold was over $30k, not to mention any revisions.

Pass on the info to anyone.

Should put this in the Drunks thread too.

Last edited:

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

My brother-in-law just launched a new tailgating game, and figured i'd share with you all if it may be something that you all are interested in. I helped him with some development on the production side to lower costs, but it is a cross between Pong and Bags.

Friendly suggestion;

put a produced product (youtube) video on the landing page. I had to hunt and click for a few minutes to find the one video they have and it's a dark and blurry garage shot.

A quick 30 second clip of showing the portability, setup, and playing of the game and quick run-down of the rules would do wonders to capture the visitor's interest imo.

*edit

$30k for mold? Did you shop that? I was thinking it might run $5-10k and was thinking of suggesting that for faster production and less labor costs per unit (but good catch on the revisions - maybe a 2nd gen model can go that route. Floating pool/lake version with air-bean filled nylon bags?)

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Friendly suggestion;

put a produced product (youtube) video on the landing page. I had to hunt and click for a few minutes to find the one video they have and it's a dark and blurry garage shot.

A quick 30 second clip of showing the portability, setup, and playing of the game and quick run-down of the rules would do wonders to capture the visitor's interest imo.
Good suggestion,
They are in the process of a lot of things. Just launching and hoping to get a lot more info. But a good idea bout ease of setup.

Proabably more info on the Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bru-Bag/497200963660664

Trust me, i have experience with a bunch of processes. The Injection molding is way expensive, especially with the size. That was based on a mold out of China. But these guys wanted to keep as much made int he USA as they could. They got a dose in reality as to why things are made in Asia.
You may be thinking of Vac-forming. Also looked into bending PVC, and a few other ideas. This was a fairly easy solution. As things take off, there will be more to come.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Man I hope the weather forecast for Champlain turns out to be wrong. High probability of rain and storms the first four days and a chance of storms the last 3. I know forecasting more than a week in advance can be a crapshoot, but when they're throwing around numbers like 70 and 80% chance of rain, it makes me nervous...

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
appears as though I'll probably have to have surgery on my right arm to repair the nerve damage. Might try fly back home and go to Mayo in Minny to have it done..

Not being able to work on the golf game for a month has been torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad