OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Haha I know Holstens.

And today my dad joined me to watch two episodes. He was shocked by this and it was so sad the first time we saw Tony on the computer screen. He was a huge fan of the show

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sounded like a cool guy. I used to really like the show, but I watched the same episodes too many times and got sick of it. Might have to watch it again though sometime, it's been a while.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Holsten's tonight;

1025327_10151662478209153_715596757_o.jpg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
RIP to a true NJ Legend.

My favorite Tony Soprano scene (Language) AND SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhEv4-2SAVU

Basement Cat said he was in season 3 last he talked about it a few days ago, so he's not at that scene just yet so I'll try to describe my favorite part related to that scene without getting too descriptive.

I liked the scene after that when Christopher comes over and makes a certain discovery involving hair. And he was shocked and Tony cracked some joke about how everybody else knew but Chris cause he was high all the time.:laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Now I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't watch The Sopranos. My parents didn't even watch it either. Even when we lived in Jersey we didn't watch it for some reason and that was when it was at the height of its popularity. Guess it wasn't our cup of tea. I kind of feeling like starting from the beginning and watching as much as I can to see what the fuss about it was.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Now I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't watch The Sopranos. My parents didn't even watch it either. Even when we lived in Jersey we didn't watch it for some reason and that was when it was at the height of its popularity. Guess it wasn't our cup of tea. I kind of feeling like starting from the beginning and watching as much as I can to see what the fuss about it was.

I find it's really easy to get into. I kinda thought the later episodes weren't as great as the earlier ones, but they're still worth watching. It's that way with most shows though, the earlier episodes are better than the rest. I started watching it because of the intro when he's driving out of the Lincoln Tunnel, and onto the Turnpike. It's funny how they show a few spots where he's driving, out of order.

I kinda like some of the mob stuff. I was always a little bored with the Godfather movies, but Goodfellas might be my favorite all time movie. It's very odd, because the movie Goodfellas is mentioned in an episode of the Sopranos. It's funny cause a lot of the people in the Sopranos also starred in Goodfellas. Including Tony's therapist who played the wife or Ray Liotta in Goodfellas. He was the main character in Goodfellas. Christopher also played a bartender in a couple scenes, and a few others from the show also starred in Goodfellas. I find it funny they mentioned that movie on the show.:laugh:

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
I find it's really easy to get into. I kinda thought the later episodes weren't as great as the earlier ones, but they're still worth watching. It's that way with most shows though, the earlier episodes are better than the rest.

In "The Second Coming" he is absolutely GODLY though.

Rest in peace, a true legend of the screen.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I appreciate the consideration guys. If you want to talk about a scene or whatever and it spoils something, go ahead. This is a show that ended in 2007 and I should have gotten around to watching it by now.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Probably my favorite scene of the entire series

The comedy aside, what was going on before this scene/episode and what goes on after between Tony and Christopher, it is a pretty strong one

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Am I terrible for not really caring that Gandolfini died?

Also, I've never even watched one scene from the Sopranos.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Haha that could never happen...that might be the only non-Jersey thing I have against me.
I had a client tell me i have lost my Jersey......
My co-worker out here said to her, "No way, no he hasn't. "I saw him rip into a vendor just the other day for screwing up a shipment. He's just watching what he says...."

I almost went ape**** on her....Think she was just trying to get a rise out of me since i'd known her for years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
In "The Second Coming" he is absolutely GODLY though.

Rest in peace, a true legend of the screen.
Those episodes weren't bad at all. The whole series is definitely worth watching.
I appreciate the consideration guys. If you want to talk about a scene or whatever and it spoils something, go ahead. This is a show that ended in 2007 and I should have gotten around to watching it by now.

It's no problem, I'm just trying to be a little considerate. I think you'll enjoy that scene though, and the joke Tony made to Christopher too.:laugh:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
might be the only non-Jersey thing I have against me.

I'm from that western, and not quite really north but not quite really central part of New Jersey. People from here dont act or behave very "Jersey" or what's thought to be Jersey. I think we're more like Virginia or something.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Sleep Study done, hoping to have some answers this week.
Ecardio Heart monitor finally Off-After 30 days with friggin wires hooked up.
Let see how this pans out. Made sure to set that bad boy off one more time before ripping that **** off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad