OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCI: Dick Trickle, flies, and even more microbrews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I appreciate the consideration guys. If you want to talk about a scene or whatever and it spoils something, go ahead. This is a show that ended in 2007 and I should have gotten around to watching it by now.

Ok then!

Gw00hui.jpg

what? too soon?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That moment when you're trying to make a last minute directional trade and TDAmeritrade is "unavailable". Look, I dont give a **** how dramatic volume is, if you cant place a trade when volatility and flow is at its' worst, your friggin' useless. :rant:

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
I imagine bungee-jumping is out of the question.
Nah.
Anything goes, if I had the opportunity, i would have. Since i am younger, the Doc said push it. So i tried to set it off. Just sucked when they called me in the middle of the night.

My regular routine: go to gym at lunch, Run/bike at night, or Hockey and the occasional extracurricular activities.. I rarely stray.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Nah.
Anything goes, if I had the opportunity, i would have. Since i am younger, the Doc said push it. So i tried to set it off.

What are you afraid of? Spiders? Snakes? Naked photos of Rosie O'Donnel? Fear may trigger it.

that's ok, those gold options are going to keep falling tomorrow too.

I was made whole at 15:59:55. But it took three tries. Ridiculous.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Like Jefferson area? Or Butler?

Hunterdon County. We're part of New Jersey, but other than oppressive taxes and laws, it often doesn't really feel like it. Far from the shore, far from GSP + NJT, no accents here, no urban feel, tons of horses etc... Not really what people think of when they think, "Jersey".

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I definitely have found myself drinking a lot more lately... Not sure if i attribute that to my kids though. When they go to bed i feel the need for something....Beer, Wine, whatever.
Bordering alcoholism.

that's not alcoholism, it's called unwinding.

if you don't - you become a mean daddy. Do it for the kids. :laugh: I felt the need to open the bottle of Woodford Reserve last night after getting home from hockey. Scored two goals and won some key faceoffs against a 20-something summer break stud who pretty much skates circles around us all. Unheard of for me - I usually don't do center. The WR was my treat and man, that's some awesome bourbon.

Now, if you wake up and feel like you need a drink, or go to lunch and think you should get a drink before heading back to work - seek help. I've seen that firsthand, and it's not pretty.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
So I took a chick on a date to Shake Shack and then walked to Wagner Park to watch the sunset and just take in the awesome view. Yaddi yaddi yada im exhausted after I took her back to her place.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So I changed out brake pads and rotors for the first time last night, and I cant believe how relatively easy it was.

The parts cost $110, and you'd pay about $300 or more to have that done for you at a shop (~$220 vs ~$600 or more if you did front and back). That DIY is just a huge savings.

I had no idea how easy it is, and how large the margin is, but it makes me want to open up a small, roadside brakes shop. :amazed:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
So I changed out brake pads and rotors for the first time last night, and I cant believe how relatively easy it was.

The parts cost $110, and you'd pay about $300 or more to have that done for you at a shop (~$220 vs ~$600 or more if you did front and back). That DIY is just a huge savings.

I had no idea how easy it is, and how large the margin is, but it makes me want to open up a small, roadside brakes shop. :amazed:

Like most things in America.... Insurance kills the business.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ

DIY is great, as long as you have the time. I'm basically rebuilding a room right now, started with a plan to put in new floor. Then, it just expanded to fix the subfloor planks, repair the walls, repainting everything, putting in moulding and crowns etc. I know Home Depot now like my grocery store.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
DIY is great, as long as you have the time. I'm basically rebuilding a room right now, started with a plan to put in new floor. Then, it just expanded to fix the subfloor planks, repair the walls, repainting everything, putting in moulding and crowns etc. I know Home Depot now like my grocery store.

And the skill-set, which I dont.

My gf's father bought a dilapidated house that was used as a meth-lab. Stripped it down till' it was no more than the support beams and frame (you could literally see through the house), and rebuilt the entire house from scratch. He can do plumbing, electrical, woodwork, steel, and everything. That amazes me like some sort of sorcery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad