OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If you run a media agency, dont let your non-meteorology staff Tweet about storms. LOL

Irma_APdopes.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How are you doing Bleed?
Really terrible rain, not much standing water. Like I said though, I'm about 20-30 feet above sea level. I'm sure the baseball field behind me is pretty bad.

It's not as windy as I thought it would be by now. A little gusty. 27 MPH, with gusts up to 42. Had a couple of strong gusts, but can't feel them through the roof. I see the trees blowing around. Still have power.

What's it's like where you are?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Really terrible rain, not much standing water. Like I said though, I'm about 20-30 feet above sea level. I'm sure the baseball field behind me is pretty bad.

It's not as windy as I thought it would be by now. A little gusty. 27 MPH, with gusts up to 42. Had a couple of strong gusts, but can't feel them through the roof. I see the trees blowing around. Still have power.

What's it's like where you are?

Definitely picking up. They say the worst for me will be around 7pm tonight. The towns just south have sporadic reports (friends) that have lost power. Same to the east. The Charlotte Harbor south of me is becoming dry.

Lost power for a few seconds till my fathers Doomsday preper generator turned on. Bad boy is hardwired with a giant propane tank. Regular power came back on shortly after.

Any word of them shutting your power down tonight?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Definitely picking up. They say the worst for me will be around 7pm tonight. The towns just south have sporadic reports (friends) that have lost power. Same to the east. The Charlotte Harbor south of me is becoming dry.

Lost power for a few seconds till my fathers Doomsday preper generator turned on. Bad boy is hardwired with a giant propane tank. Regular power came back on shortly after.

Any word of them shutting your power down tonight?

I haven't heard of them shutting down the power, I'm trying to find that out. Looks like Irma just made another landfall on Marco Island.

Supposedly wind is still only 26 MPH here, with gusts of 44. I'm skeptical that it's only 26 MPH. Seems like it's 35-ish, maybe 40 sustained.

Good luck! Keep us updated!:nod:

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The shots of water just vanishing in tampa bay is amazing. Trying to get a link

The pictures of the temporarily stranded manatees are going to go viral.

And I hope they get cops down there with megaphones to get the IDIOTS who think it's cool "walking in Tampa Bay" OUT of there. Once the effect of the wind direction ceases that water will rush back in there extremely quickly.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The shots of water just vanishing in tampa bay is amazing. Trying to get a link

I have a friend who's canal is completely empty. Boats and sail boats on the bottom. These large bodies of water being sucked out is amazing.

Down to a Cat 2 now.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

And I hope they get cops down there with megaphones to get the IDIOTS who think it's cool "walking in Tampa Bay" OUT of there. Once the effect of the wind direction ceases that water will rush back in there extremely quickly.

Better yet, they should send the cops out to shoot the idiots that are looting in Ft Lauderdale. Animals that bring nothing positive to this world.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Better yet, they should send the cops out to shoot the idiots that are looting in Ft Lauderdale. Animals that bring nothing positive to this world.

Been watching football, hadnt seen that report yet. Hopefully they catch some of the animals on video footage.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing that makes these storms even worse are the amount of fake pictures and video's circulating. My friend just showed me a picture that one of his Facebook friends shared, which is supposed to downtown Miami, appearing to be about 100 feet underwater. It looked like a picture of a scene from a disaster movie. It was so fake and CGI looking.

It probably wasn't even Miami. It was probably LA or something, from a still shot of a scene from a disaster movie.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
One thing that makes these storms even worse are the amount of fake pictures and video's circulating. My friend just showed me a picture that one of his Facebook friends shared, which is supposed to downtown Miami, appearing to be about 100 feet underwater. It looked like a picture of a scene from a disaster movie. It was so fake and CGI looking.

It probably wasn't even Miami. It was probably LA or something, from a still shot of a scene from a disaster movie.

There are legit rivers running down some Miami streets, but yeah there is some bad fake as **** pics and videos going around too.

There was a crane collapse in Miami too.

Fort Myers appears to now be getting the worst winds right now. Cantore is a cornball

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

I hope the manatees are OK (I love manatees). I am still very sad over the passing of Snooty at the South Florida Museum last month.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I hope the manatees are OK (I love manatees). I am still very sad over the passing of Snooty at the South Florida Museum last month.

They'll be fine. They're at bigger risk from "good Samaritans" trying to move them (which happened with a few) than they are from being out of water. When the water returns, they'll swim off. The ones that could be in danger are any that get swept inland by storm surge in a place that isnt actually normally covered by water. I love manatees too. When I was in college I used to go watch them in the winter and study on the riverbanks. Whenever I'm in FL in the wintertime I still go see them. Beautiful creatures.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They'll be fine. They're at bigger risk from "good Samaritans" trying to move them (which happened with a few) than they are from being out of water. When the water returns, they'll swim off. The ones that could be in danger are any that get swept inland by storm surge in a place that isnt actually normally covered by water. I love manatees too. When I was in college I used to go watch them in the winter and study on the riverbanks. Whenever I'm in FL in the wintertime I still go see them. Beautiful creatures.

How long can they just chill on land like that?

You are right though people shouldn't be out there trying to help them. Not only will you stress them out more, but you are putting yourself at risk from the ocean when it comes back.

Speaking of which it sounds like the ocean is back in Naples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad