OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Euro on the "**** Tampa" track as opposed to the "**** Miami" track

Looks like landfall around Fort Myers, maybe a bit north
I've become frustrated by how much the track moved yesterday. I think the Euro had it also coming later than the GFS, when I looked earlier.

How do you calmly film that?!?

I'm hoping that person ran out after that. Not sure where the hell they ran too, but hopefully they made it out.

I'm surprised at how some these islands down there aren't completely taken apart every other year. Some of the structures in Barbuda that were decimated, looked like they had been built at least a half century ago.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would be frustrated too. Forecast for Tampa area went from lighter Tropical Storm force winds to over 100+ MPH Hurricane force.

It could still track east and do it's worst on that side.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
God I cannot express how much I hate TWC. They're now playing this serious, heart-pounding, type music when they cut away to commercials. I really loathe them.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Forecast for Tampa area went from lighter Tropical Storm force winds to over 100+ MPH Hurricane force.

It could still track east and do it's worst on that side.

A western track is really for the best. Population density in FL is higher on the east coast than on the west coast, and worst in SE FL.

If you look at the ensemble members below, we're now close enough that the cone-of-probability is tightening, I'd say lock it up after the next model run.

IRMAcop.jpg

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
God I cannot express how much I hate TWC. They're now playing this serious, heart-pounding, type music when they cut away to commercials. I really loathe them.

They love this ****, freaking vultures, I really can't stand their coverage. Just isolated shots of an idiot standing in the rain preening in front of the camera babbling on and on. Meanwhile, other networks are showing you actual footage of the damage and what's going on out there.

They can't stand Jim Cantore in the Outer Banks. There's a road that always floods by my friends house with a simple steady wind off the sound. My buddy told me years ago his crew was seen on that same road staging the area dragging lumber and other crap and piling it up for a more dramatic shot as he stood in the ankle deep water (that happens all the time) hyping up the storm.

BxDpHa7.jpg

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Weather Channel jumped the shark years ago when they were sold to NBC.

It's like anything else on TV. Everything is overdramatized for eyeballs. Then people get upset when it doesn't live up to the hype. They're the same type of people who continue to go back to an abusive spouse.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
They love this ****, freaking vultures, I really can't stand their coverage. Just isolated shots of an idiot standing in the rain preening in front of the camera babbling on and on. Meanwhile, other networks are showing you actual footage of the damage and what's going on out there.

They can't stand Jim Cantore in the Outer Banks. There's a road that always floods by my friends house with a simple steady wind off the sound. My buddy told me years ago his crew was seen on that same road staging the area dragging lumber and other crap and piling it up for a more dramatic shot as he stood in the ankle deep water (that happens all the time) hyping up the storm.

BxDpHa7.jpg

Reminds me of this gem from a few years back, you can hear the crew on the today show laughing in the background when they break the lady in the canoes chops

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yes, I commented on that to a few people that I know. And their music they play during the local on the 8's. It sounds like intro music to a disaster movie.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yes, I commented on that to a few people that I know. And their music they play during the local on the 8's. It sounds like intro music to a disaster movie.

You asked where I was yesterday. Pretty much right where they currently have Irma making landfall now. Fun stuff. Thankfully I'm not right on the water but I know a lot of ppl who are being evacuated out of flood zones.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You asked where I was yesterday. Pretty much right where they currently have Irma making landfall now. Fun stuff. Thankfully I'm not right on the water but I know a lot of ppl who are being evacuated out of flood zones.

****! Stay safe and report back to us. It's 90 degrees and sunny right now. In a little less than 24 hours, I expect it to start getting bad here.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
****! Stay safe and report back to us. It's 90 degrees and sunny right now. In a little less than 24 hours, I expect it to start getting bad here.

Thanks man. Yea I expect early tomorrow to be getting rough starting winds.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Stay safe guys, be careful and hopefully by now you have your **** in order to make it through for a week or so after. I stayed on LBI during Sandy and will never forget it.

Check in here when you can and let us know how you're doing.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wonder if his camera/phone was ruined? I can't believe that there are still people walking the streets of Key West.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So on top of the ridiculous dramatic music, TWC also has crappy infomercials for various cleaning products with the word Hurricane in the title.

The Hurricane mop, the Hurricane scrubber, the Hurricane vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->