Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread Part - XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Kind of surprised to hear that Jimbo was going to over to scout him anyway before making a decision....don't the 'Nucks have a plethora of European scouts reporting out on SHL and KHL games?....wondering if coming off injury, it might actually be easier to sign him rather than have him finish his season with his club team...could make a great addition to the 'Nucks forward corp down the stretch and at least he'd be fresh.

Somehow think he has to clear waivers if he comes mid season. And, I'm not surprised that JB was going over to see him. They would need to sign him to a 1-way contract and keep him on the NHL roster. So, they need to be pretty sure that he can play. Taking up the roster spot, especially, has a domino effect on others in the organization - guys like Shinkaruk.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Antin Rodin is listen as RW.

I doubt it would effect Shinkaruk that much.

We really do not have a lot of RW prospects other than Virtanen and Boeser.

If you trade Vrbata and bring in Rodin as a replacement kind of like Panarin replaced Sharp in Chicago you can get younger and cheaper.

Not saying Rodin is the same level as Vrbata or Panarin but he's worth a shot. Guy seems like a real talent.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
People are getting way too high on Rodin here. He might be marginally better than Baerts (has been so far) at best...

Remember Shirokov?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Antin Rodin is listen as RW.

I doubt it would effect Shinkaruk that much.

We really do not have a lot of RW prospects other than Virtanen and Boeser.

If you trade Vrbata and bring in Rodin as a replacement kind of like Panarin replaced Sharp in Chicago you can get younger and cheaper.

Not saying Rodin is the same level as Vrbata or Panarin but he's worth a shot. Guy seems like a real talent.

You do this if you're going to try a full-out tank.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Isn't Rodin a poor man's Baertschi?

Maybe if Baertschi was leading the SHL in scoring, goals, GWG, 2nd in assists.

TBH, I have no idea the difference in skill between the KHL and SHL but if Panarin can be a top line forward while being 1.15PPG in the KHL. Hopefully Rodin can maybe a 2nd line forward, he is 1.5PPG in the SHL.

I think it's a great opportunity to find another top 6 forward IMO.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
You'd rather keep Vrbata?

I'd move him. If Rodin busts and isn't a top 6 forward then we just move on.

Vrbata is gone at the end of this season anyway.

Well I'm a Vrbata fan but I do want to trade him because I do want to tank.

But if you were suggesting Rodin can replace Vrbata production and general play wise, that's not going to happen.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015

But if you were suggesting Rodin can replace Vrbata production and general play wise, that's not going to happen.

Of course not. :laugh:

I just meant that a top 6 spot will be free if we trade Vrbata.

Slot Rodin in see what he can do.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

I don't think he's saying that. He's just saying replace Vrbata on the roster with Rodin. It's obvious Rodin won't be expected to score 30 goals.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Of course not. :laugh:

I just meant that a top 6 spot will be free if we trade Vrbata.

Slot Rodin in see what he can do.

That's more sensible. Trade Vrbata, preferably for young help on D (throw in Weber or something). Bring Rodin in as a potential replacement.

The improvement on D + Rodin on RW > (hopefully) current roster.

Then again, it could all blow up in our face. Benning could pull out terrible value again...

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
Terrible value? Why would Vrbata have much value at all at this point?

A soft, 1 dimensional (yeah that's a little harsh I guess) sniper who's on pace to score 12 goals. He's also 35. and 5.5 M cap hit.
Only if/when he starts scoring again will he have anything resembling decent value again.

We'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder for him right now.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015

A soft, 1 dimensional (yeah that's a little harsh I guess) sniper who's on pace to score 12 goals. He's also 35. and 5.5 M cap hit.
Only if/when he starts scoring again will he have anything resembling decent value again.

Retain 50% of his salary and you'd probably get a 1st for him.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI

You really think his value will be judged around the league based entirely on the first month of this season?

I'm no fan of Benning or his trades, but I'd sure feel better with him at the helm of a Vrbata trade than I would you...

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
You really think his value will be judged around the league based entirely on the first month of this season?

I'm no fan of Benning or his trades, but I'd sure feel better with him at the helm of a Vrbata trade than I would you...

I didn't say i'd take a 4th. Right now you have to keep him, and you have to hope he starts scoring again. On that note, unless Hansen suddenly goes Burrows 2011, i'd move Vrbata back with the twins and just leave him there. More likely he regains his touch there than any other line.

If he doesn't start scoring I stand by my last post.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I didn't say i'd take a 4th. Right now you have to keep him, and you have to hope he starts scoring again. On that note, unless Hansen suddenly goes Burrows 2011, i'd move Vrbata back with the twins and just leave him there. More likely he regains his touch there than any other line.

If he doesn't start scoring I stand by my last post.

I'd also like to see him back with the Sedins.

But he's been a pretty consistent scorer the last few years, even with line mates inferior to the Sedins—based on track record alone I'd expect him to fetch a decent return at the deadline, whether he regains last season's scoring pace or not.

Not every GM will weigh a small sample over a career of productive scoring.

Citing his scoring pace after a month is pretty ridiculous—what's Crosby on pace for?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Regarding Rodin:

Somehow think he has to clear waivers if he comes mid season. ...

If I'm reading correctly that doesn't apply to Rodin, who I think is on the Canucks reserve list (and a RFA.)

Article 13.23 of the CBA:

13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club.

I really think the Canucks are considering him for the future (possibly next season) though rather than this season. From what I've seen in the news Benning is considering going over to see him in Sweden in February, so it doesn't appear they're rushing to get him over this season. “I might try to get over there in early February. We still own his rights so we could sign him and bring him back if that’s what we decide.” http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...es+team+considers+swedish/11505425/story.html

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
People are getting way too high on Rodin here. He might be marginally better than Baerts (has been so far) at best...

Remember Shirokov?

I thought we should have kept Shirokov. He got 2 games with us in 2011 and played okay. I don't think he was bad in Manitoba either. Think Gillis dropped the ball there to be honest, and should have been given a legitimate shot with the team. I could be mistaken, though, as it was a while ago and I didn't follow the Moose closely.

JA

I thought we should have kept Shirokov. He got 2 games with us in 2011 and played okay. I don't think he was bad in Manitoba either. Think Gillis dropped the ball there to be honest, and should have been given a legitimate shot with the team. I could be mistaken, though, as it was a while ago and I didn't follow the Moose closely.

To be honest, he only played one and a half games. In the second game, he received 7:26 of ice time; I believe he only played the first half of the game and was inexplicably benched in the third period.

He played excellently in his first game up from the AHL. In fact, the call-up interrupted his 12-game, record-setting point streak for the Manitoba Moose. He had six shots and a goal in 13:09 of ice time.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver

If it were a mistake he'd be in the NHL and would've been the past few years. Let's get serious here.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
If it were a mistake he'd be in the NHL and would've been the past few years. Let's get serious here.

So there are no players that would be NHL caliber that left to go back overseas? ****, Biega looks like he could be a solid #6 guy and he can't make the NHL even while playing in the AHL.

He wasn't given a fair shake IMO and decided to go home after spending years here. He played a few games for us and looked very solid, and also played good on the farm. He may not have been able to crack the lineup, but I still think he played well enough to deserve 10-15 games.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
switching to our too tall, i caught Tryamkin's game this morning

did not get scored on which is a good news in a 4-0 loss
thought he did alright being involved offensively. not as overly active though still does a bit
kinda all over the place
did a wee bit too much tried to stretch pass in the 2nd but for the most part thought did "okay" defensively

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
switching to our too tall, i caught Tryamkin's game this morning

did not get scored on which is a good news in a 4-0 loss
thought he did alright being involved offensively. not as overly active though still does a bit
kinda all over the place
did a wee bit too much tried to stretch pass in the 2nd but for the most part thought did "okay" defensively

Seems to not skate to bad for a giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2