Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread Part - XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skriko

Jul 27, 2014
Rödin is injured. He injured his shoulder against Czech in Karjala-tournament. I don't know how long his injury is. His shoulder injuries worries, otherwise he is an interesting player.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
It's not even 'unlikely'.

It's what absolutely 100% should be happening next year. If he can't come in and be a starter in the AHL at that age, it would be a huge disappointment.

Same way similarly-rated guys like Jon Gillies and Connor Hellebucyk came out of college at the same age and were instantly AHL starters.

i cant wait for him to lose his first game and three pages of WOAH CALM DOWN, PLEASE, DONT OVER-REACT, JUST HAVE PATIENCE posts flood every thread

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Rödin is injured. He injured his shoulder against Czech in Karjala-tournament. I don't know how long his injury is. His shoulder injuries worries, otherwise he is an interesting player.

Last I read it was his collarbone and he was going to miss a week or two tops. (Then again, Google Translate... sometimes it just sounds like gibberish. :laugh:)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
i cant wait for him to lose his first game and three pages of WOAH CALM DOWN, PLEASE, DONT OVER-REACT, JUST HAVE PATIENCE posts flood every thread

I remember when Schneider lost his first NHL start (it was actually one of the 5 Canucks games I've been to live) he played pretty well though which is really what counts.

No one can possibly have a worse first game for us than Markstrom against the Sharks.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Last I read it was his collarbone and he was going to miss a week or two tops. (Then again, Google Translate... sometimes it just sounds like gibberish. :laugh:)

Its a bruised collarbone, according to swedish media hell be back when the SHL resumes after the Karjala

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Hutton is not the exception.

Believe it or not the difficulty of the leagues are not that different.
gTE4wRi.png

http://www.behindthenet.ca/projecting_to_nhl.php

Hard to believe that the AHL is supposedly on par with the Swiss league.

When they do the NCAA rankings, does this include division 3 teams? I presume division 1 is much stronger. If div. 1 is judged on its own, maybe it would actually score a higher difficulty than the AHL on this chart.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

When they do the NCAA rankings, does this include division 3 teams? I presume division 1 is much stronger. If div. 1 is judged on its own, maybe it would actually score a higher difficulty than the AHL on this chart.

It's division 1 only, I'm pretty sure.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009

They couldn't even get the European countries right. Not even close. European Champions League is a lot closer to proving something than a random formula invented by 'math guys'.

Anybody who wants to see some actual results could start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Champions_Hockey_League

To sum it up briefly: They started with 44 teams from 11 leagues, by the time they got to the round of 8 there were
4 Swedish teams and 4 Finnish teams left.

If they're that far off on Europe, why should anyone trust their calculations for leagues that are even harder to quantify/compare?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
They couldn't even get the European countries right. Not even close. European Champions League is a lot closer to proving something than a random formula invented by 'math guys'.

To sum it up briefly: They started with 44 teams from 11 leagues, by the time they got to the round of 8 there were

If they're that far off on Europe, why should anyone trust their calculations for leagues that are even harder to quantify/compare?

Great post. Nice to see this sort of info ...

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010

tournaments are not a good source of info for this kind of thing

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
tournaments are not a good source of info for this kind of thing

Compared to what? The ppg of individual players who happened to move from one league to another league in consecutive years? That's Behind the Net's formula. I think i'll trust actual game results myself. Even if they are tournament games.

PS. This year's final 8 is:
4 Finnish teams, 3 Swedish teams, and a Swiss team. I think there may be a trend developing......

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's the story on Carl Neill?....6'3" 210 pound d-man on a ppg pace in the Q....realize he's an older prospect at 19, but judging from the scoring stats he's more more than just a stay-at-home banger in his own zone....what's his upside?..didn't notice him that much at the Prospects Tournament.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kind of surprised to hear that Jimbo was going to over to scout him anyway before making a decision....don't the 'Nucks have a plethora of European scouts reporting out on SHL and KHL games?....wondering if coming off injury, it might actually be easier to sign him rather than have him finish his season with his club team...could make a great addition to the 'Nucks forward corp down the stretch and at least he'd be fresh.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Everything in Swedish media says he has pain in his collar bone, but that it aint broken, weird

http://www.dalademokraten.se/sport/i...at-nyckelbenet

– Han har skadat en del av nyckelbenet men han har inte brutit det. Men han har jäkligt ont. Tyvärr kan Anton inte spela mer i den här turneringen. (From the Article)

Translation:
- He has injured his collarbone but not broken it, bur he´s in a lot of pain. Unfortunatly Anton can't play more in this tournament (Karjala Cup).

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
@ScottRintoul: Per @vancanucks GM Jim Benning, Anton Rodin has a broken collarbone... He'll go watch him overseas, but that plan's on hold #Canuckson1040

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad