Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread Part - XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
:laugh: One name for you: Dmytro Timashov. Below PPG post-draft is bad for an undersized forward and there's no other way to put it. Maybe he improves from here but there's no sugar coating his current performance.

It's immensely frustrating knowing that he was still available with our 4th rounder...

i cant wait for him to lose his first game and three pages of WOAH CALM DOWN, PLEASE, DONT OVER-REACT, JUST HAVE PATIENCE posts flood every thread

:laugh:

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
So there are no players that would be NHL caliber that left to go back overseas? ****, Biega looks like he could be a solid #6 guy and he can't make the NHL even while playing in the AHL.

He wasn't given a fair shake IMO and decided to go home after spending years here. He played a few games for us and looked very solid, and also played good on the farm. He may not have been able to crack the lineup, but I still think he played well enough to deserve 10-15 games.

He was traded to Florida and then went home. There's a lot more that's happened in the past to be sour about. LOL this is not one of them.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Kind of surprised to hear that Jimbo was going to over to scout him anyway before making a decision....don't the 'Nucks have a plethora of European scouts reporting out on SHL and KHL games?....

You were surprised that the General Manager of an organization was going to scout a potential multi-million dollar investment with his own eyes? This is exactly what a GM should be doing. I'd be flabbergasted if he didn't plan to go see Rodin play before the end of the season...

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
You were surprised that the General Manager of an organization was going to scout a potential multi-million dollar investment with his own eyes? This is exactly what a GM should be doing. I'd be flabbergasted if he didn't plan to go see Rodin play before the end of the season...

Especially because he'll want an NHL roster spot right out of the gate or he won't come over.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
He was traded to Florida and then went home. There's a lot more that's happened in the past to be sour about. LOL this is not one of them.

What? I'm not even really sour about it. There are plenty more problems with current and past management, I just happen to think Shirokov could have maybe carved out an NHL career and could have been given a bigger chance.

If anything it's quite odd you're so sour about someone thinking maybe someone made a mistake in not giving Shirokov some more games.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
switching to our too tall, i caught Tryamkin's game this morning

did not get scored on which is a good news in a 4-0 loss
thought he did alright being involved offensively. not as overly active though still does a bit
kinda all over the place
did a wee bit too much tried to stretch pass in the 2nd but for the most part thought did "okay" defensively

Too bad you weren't watching the previous game where he had a goal and an assist. Have to settle for the KHL website highlights.

http://video.khl.ru/events/356871?locale=en

He has another game tomorrow at 3:30am Vancouver time. I don't think I'll be getting up for that one. Brynas plays at 7am though, so hopefully there's a decent stream.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Thu Nov 12

NCAA

Northeastern 2 Notre Dame 3
Gaudette 0 points, -1

QMJHL

Halifax 3 Acadie-Bathurst 4
Brisebois 0 points, -1

S_C

Gaudette's game was on TSN2 last night - unfortunately I didn't realize until partway through and was only able to PVR the last two periods. First chance to see him play.

Northeastern is having a surprisingly terrible season (1-8-1 start) but Gaudette is playing a ton so looks like a good developmental situation for him. Was playing on their top line with Anaheim pick Kevin Roy, and was on the top PP unit. Didn't seem to be playing the PK.

Didn't get any points but was fairly impressive. Bit on an odd skating stride but covers ground quickly and plays an advanced three-zone game for a freshman - skated and backchecked hard. Offensively seems to play in straight lines but showed confidence and tried to challenge defenders 1-on-1 to take the puck to the net on a couple occasions. Better puckhandler than expected given his production/scouting report from the USHL. Also showed decent vision/passing ability on his PP shifts. Got dinged for an elbow near the end of the game but don't mind as he showed some edge.

Looked like a 'Hansen-esque' type and a good prospect as a middle-6 forward. Seems like a good pick.

Jim Benning's nephew is on the same team, so you can imagine our GM will be getting multiple looks at him this season.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
Gaudette's game was on TSN2 last night - unfortunately I didn't realize until partway through and was only able to PVR the last two periods. First chance to see him play.

Northeastern is having a surprisingly terrible season (1-8-1 start) but Gaudette is playing a ton so looks like a good developmental situation for him. Was playing on their top line with Anaheim pick Kevin Roy, and was on the top PP unit. Didn't seem to be playing the PK.

Didn't get any points but was fairly impressive. Bit on an odd skating stride but covers ground quickly and plays an advanced three-zone game for a freshman - skated and backchecked hard. Offensively seems to play in straight lines but showed confidence and tried to challenge defenders 1-on-1 to take the puck to the net on a couple occasions. Better puckhandler than expected given his production/scouting report from the USHL. Also showed decent vision/passing ability on his PP shifts. Got dinged for an elbow near the end of the game but don't mind as he showed some edge.

Looked like a 'Hansen-esque' type and a good prospect as a middle-6 forward. Seems like a good pick.

Jim Benning's nephew is on the same team, so you can imagine our GM will be getting multiple looks at him this season.

Main thing I've liked about Gaudette is he appears to be a 'high hockey IQ' player. He's got a lot to improve on, but his baseline skills show some NHL potential.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Ya it seems like his skating is even better than it was, he's really flying around out there. I'm kind of surprised how deep he is on a lot of plays, but mostly seems to bet back fine.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Fri Nov 13

AHL

Utica at Springfield 4pm

ECHL

Evansville at Kalamazoo 4pm

NCAA

Yale at Rensselaer 4pm
Beattie

Michigan State at Boston College 4pm
Demko

Sacred Heart at Penn State 4pm
Williamson

Northeastern at Notre Dame 4:30pm
Gaudette

Miami at North Dakota 5:30pm
Boeser

QMJHL

Charlottetown at Acadie-Bathurst 3pm
Brisebois

Quebec at Chicoutimi 4pm
Zhukenov

Gatineau at Sherbrooke 4pm
Neill

OHL

Oshawa at Erie 4pm
Pettit

WHL

Edmonton at Prince George 7pm
Olson

S_C

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Geez Boeser is just playing monstrous hockey. Would you guys say he's tracking really well for his Draft +1? I don't know much about the NCAA

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Geez Boeser is just playing monstrous hockey. Would you guys say he's tracking really well for his Draft +1? I don't know much about the NCAA

For reference Johhny guadreau put up a PPG season in his draft +1 season.

Boeser is 1 point over PPG so far this season and is leading his team in goals.

So yeah, he is tracking incredibly well. Better than McCann in his draft +1 season.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site

Yes, almost every single PPG freshman first rounder has turned into a top 6 player in the NHL. Small sample size but still. It's not an easy league for freshman to dominate, and there's some who were about 0.6ppg who nonethless became very solid players (Wheeler, Kreider, Bjugstad). Here's a list going back to 2004.

0-19pts: Patrick White, Jim O'Brien, Daulton Leveille, Kyle Palmieri, Riley Sheahan, Kevin Hayes, Tyler Biggs, Mark Jankowski
20-25pts: Kris Chucko, Blake Wheeler, Jack Skille, Louis Leblanc, Chris Kreider, Nick Bjugstad, Beau Bennett, Brock Nelson
26-35pts: Drew Stafford, Andrew Cogliano, Kyle Turris, JVR, Colin Wilson, Joe Colborne, Charlie Coyle, Alex Tuch, Nick Schmaltz
36+pts: Travis Zajac, TJ Oshie, Jonathan Toews, Phil Kessel, Kyle Okposo, Max Pacioretty, Jordan Schroeder, Jaden Schwartz, Dylan Larkin, Jack Eichel

Gaudreau was also PPG in his draft+1 freshman year.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Yes, almost every single PPG freshman first rounder has turned into a top 6 player in the NHL. Small sample size but still. It's not an easy league for freshman to dominate, and there's some who were about 0.6ppg who nonethless became very solid players (Wheeler, Kreider, Bjugstad). Here's a list going back to 2004.

0-19pts: Patrick White, Jim O'Brien, Daulton Leveille, Kyle Palmieri, Riley Sheahan, Kevin Hayes, Tyler Biggs, Mark Jankowski
20-25pts: Kris Chucko, Blake Wheeler, Jack Skille, Louis Leblanc, Chris Kreider, Nick Bjugstad, Beau Bennett, Brock Nelson
26-35pts: Drew Stafford, Andrew Cogliano, Kyle Turris, JVR, Colin Wilson, Joe Colborne, Charlie Coyle, Alex Tuch, Nick Schmaltz
36+pts: Travis Zajac, TJ Oshie, Jonathan Toews, Phil Kessel, Kyle Okposo, Max Pacioretty, Jordan Schroeder, Jaden Schwartz, Dylan Larkin, Jack Eichel

Gaudreau was also PPG in his draft+1 freshman year.

Red the stats guy :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1