Prospect Info: The Prospect Thread (Part XXIX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
How are the teams that hold the rights of McCann and Virtanen doing? Once those teams' seasons are over we can send them both to the AHL.

Players that play in the NHL have to be "papered" to the AHL to qualify for the playoffs. 19 year olds can't be "papered" to the AHL… so they don't qualify.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Mon Feb 29

ECHL
Kalamazoo 4 Orlando 3 (OT)[/URL]

Mallet, (17) (Kovacs)
Pritz, (3) (Scheidl, Taylor)
Taylor, (17) (Scheidl)
OT. Mallet, (18) (Blomstrand, McEneny)

What's the story on Mallet?...was a late bloomer in junior, could the same be happening in pro hockey?...was swapped for Pedan, but has come virtually full circle.....would he make any sense to Utica as a late-season call-up or on a PTO?....seems to be progressing, at least at the ECHL level, or has that ship sailed?

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Mon Feb 29

ECHL
Kalamazoo 4 Orlando 3 (OT)[/URL]

Mallet, (17) (Kovacs)
Pritz, (3) (Scheidl, Taylor)
Taylor, (17) (Scheidl)
OT. Mallet, (18) (Blomstrand, McEneny)

What's the story on Mallet?...was a late bloomer in junior, could the same be happening in pro hockey?...was swapped for Pedan, but has come virtually full circle.....would he make any sense to Utica as a late-season call-up or on a PTO?....seems to be progressing, at least at the ECHL level, or has that ship sailed?

I've been noticing those stats as well. The organization, however, simply doesn't seem to have any optimism regarding its players in Kalamazoo -- tending to bring in players from other ECHL teams on PTOs to fill spots in Utica. (Which is not to say I have any grounds to judge that lack of optimism as misplaced). I'm wondering if either McEneny or Cederholm will get a look in Utica next year.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'd give all three of Fox, Blomstrand and Mallett a look in Utica because why not? What do we have to lose? Utica is already going to be in tough to make the playoffs with subtracting Shinkaruk and not papering Granlund. We only have three actual legitimate prospects on the team in Gaunce, Pedan and Subban and you just know Jimbo is itching to trade two of them. I guess we have Cassels too but he has to earn back "legitimate prospect" status.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Might be that they'll also sign some college free agents in the next 2-3 weeks as teams end their seasons to fill some spots in Utica.

One can hope anyway.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Agreed. Virtanen is starting to trend upwards. McCann, although he hasn't gotten worse, per se, has sort of stagnated.

Agree on Virtanen. I thought that playing in the NHL would help him most and it has gone about as well as I could have hoped. He looks like an NHL player. Hopefully by next season he's ready for significant ice-time.

McCann's game looks similar to what it did at the beginning of the season but he didn't have as far to go as Virtanen. His game is pretty good, even at this level. Physically I think he looks better, stronger. Still has quite a way to go, though.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Personally, what I see is a McCann with shot confidence who should have been sent down and loaned for WJC and a Virtanen who's blown out the gates following his awful show at the previously mentioned tourney. Virtanen actually seems to be developing a lot defensively late and is becoming a complete player, which is exciting. I really want to see what kind of player he becomes as he makes his mark in the league over the next two years in regards to physicality and if he can get his shot back to 100%

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
McCann has. Virtanen looks to have gained confidence if anything.

I don't think McCann has lost confidence. I watched the game last night and he was making all sorts of little stick handling moves, creative passes, etc. those type of plays aren't made by a young player who lacks confidence. He's looked good, I don't see what sending him back to junior does at all. I think he'll be in the NHL next year and will have earned a spot out of camp. If not, it isn't a big deal to start in the AHL.

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com
And no mention of guys like Tate Olson, Carl Neill and Lukas Jasek, while Anton Cederholm makes the list?:amazed:

i dont understand their love for Grenier who\ i felt like he's been in top 10 for forever
(actually brought him back up despite a downgrade year??). i would have Zale, Tryme, Brisbe, and Pedan ahead of him

Tryamkin real low (perhaps uncertainty with his intentions of signing maybe a factor but he's as close as Pedan in devopement right now if not, ahead)

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Good news, my last exam is delayed till after spring break so I can now start to work on the Boeser highlight video.

It's not going to be just goals and fancy assists, I'm going to put real effort into it and make it a true highlight video so I'll be skimming over all old footage trying to find the best clips.

I'll be releasing it after Boeser's season is over with but I can start to work on it now.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Good news, my last exam is delayed till after spring break so I can now start to work on the Boeser highlight video.

It's not going to be just goals and fancy assists, I'm going to put real effort into it and make it a true highlight video so I'll be skimming over all old footage trying to find the best clips.

I'll be releasing it after Boeser's season is over with but I can start to work on it now.

Looking forward to it! :handclap:

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
i dont understand their love for Grenier who\ i felt like he's been in top 10 for forever
(actually brought him back up despite a downgrade year??). i would have Zale, Tryme, Brisbe, and Pedan ahead of him

Tryamkin real low (perhaps uncertainty with his intentions of signing maybe a factor but he's as close as Pedan in devopement right now if not, ahead)

He's been in the top 10 since his post draft year when it was even less likely that he would even make the NHL, he really came out of nowhere after returning from Salzburg and plugging around in the ECHL for a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese