Mar 6, 2010
So.....Playoffs anyone?

giphy.gif

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Oh whoops we did that thing like we do every year where we vastly outperform in the first 10-15 games and then start regressing to the mean.

Reactions: brokenhole

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
While I think bottom 5 is unrealistic I'm hoping we're this year's Carolina/Dallas/NJ/Winnipeg and drop down in the lottery to a top 3 pick after missing by not-that-much. Fate seems to reward teams that try and miss. We're due anyway. This team desperately needs a star winger to make our top 6 serviceable and help our winger depth.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
While I think bottom 5 is unrealistic I'm hoping we're this year's Carolina/Dallas/NJ/Winnipeg and drop down in the lottery to a top 3 pick after missing by not-that-much. Fate seems to reward teams that try and miss. We're due anyway. This team desperately needs a star winger to make our top 6 serviceable and help our winger depth.
I still would prefer a center or defenseman so i hope we are in position to draft one. I dont think id take a winger with our 1st unless its a no doubter.

Passing on a stud center because you already have two studs is how you end up missing out on kopitar.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Yeah the problem with "we're due" is that every draft lottery operates in isolation of the entire history of every other draft lottery. The odds just are what they are and the outlier year of DAL NJD PHI all winning seems to have made some people think that that will be the norm (I think the chances of all three winning was one of the statistically least likely scenarios to happen).

Reactions: geebaan

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Yeah the problem with "we're due" is that every draft lottery operates in isolation of the entire history of every other draft lottery. The odds just are what they are and the outlier year of DAL NJD PHI all winning seems to have made some people think that that will be the norm (I think the chances of all three winning was one of the statistically least likely scenarios to happen).

As we all know this is because the draft is totally rigged. This year's draft is in Vancouver, the script has already been written.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
LA or Chicago will win the lottery and get themselves a young franchise talent to reboot their franchise for another series of Cup wins. We'll be content to get the 12-15th pick and draft a dependable #5 dman or 3rd line winger who should be good to go in 4-5 years. Why? Because pride and compete is in our nature and it matters much more than Cup wins.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
So after tonight’s loss I am considering the merits of joining team tank. Not this year or next year because I think we can make the playoffs and the draft classes don’t appeal to me but there is a prospect in the 2021 draft from our backyard that might change my mind.

My question to tankers is would I be considered “on team tank” if I advocate for a synchronized/scheduled maintenance style tank seasons such as one season every 3-5 years? Sort of like Tampa getting the 3rd overall pick shortly after almost getting to the SCF in 2011. The closest real life parallel example of what I’m thinking of would be when farmers leave their fields empty for a year every few years to maintain a healthy soil. It might be a good idea to target strong draft classes for tank years to keep the team sustainable over the long term.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad