Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Hmh.

Looks like no Kakko / Hughes for us.

At least the team is fun to watch. Hope it stays that way when reality catches up to them and the losses rack up.

I still firmly believe that Aquaman & Benning will target Jack Hughes in this year's draft.

If we finish somewhere in the bottom 5 then the price won't be that hi to move up a couple of spots.

We fall out of the bottom 5 then oh boy! No telling what the price may be.

The more I think about this then it's probably best we finish near the bottom or somewhere near a playoff position but not close enough that Benning does something stupid @ TDL and the price to aquire Hughes will be soooo hi that Aqua and his puppet will think twice about paying.

Basically saving Benning & Aqua from themselves.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Tank Nation just got trolled. No Boeser and Pettersson with 1 lowly assist, but Eriksson, Gudbransson, Virtanen, Hutton carry the team to a high scoring win over Boston. Canucks lead the league in scoring, lead the Pacific Division and are 2nd in the Western Conference. :confused:

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
I still firmly believe that Aquaman & Benning will target Jack Hughes in this year's draft.

If we finish somewhere in the bottom 5 then the price won't be that hi to move up a couple of spots.

We fall out of the bottom 5 then oh boy! No telling what the price may be.

The more I think about this then it's probably best we finish near the bottom or somewhere near a playoff position but not close enough that Benning does something stupid @ TDL and the price to aquire Hughes will be soooo hi that Aqua and his puppet will think twice about paying.

Basically saving Benning & Aqua from themselves.
I highly doubt whichever team is in a position to draft J. Hughes is going to trade him to the Canucks, and if there is that slight possibility the conversation would probably start with Boeser and our 1st which would most likely have to be a top 5 pick as well. JB nut huggers praise him for his mediocre drafting but don’t mention how bad he is with trades, asset management and controlling the salary cap. He’s a terrible gm and it’s improbable that we ever get near cup contention with him in charge.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
9-the-end-is-near-this-will-neveryour-optimism-end-29396667.png

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I wish you guys would just enjoy the entertaining start instead of whining that we're winning. The Oilers have McDavid through tanking, they haven't won a cup. You're not guaranteed to win by tanking alone, you need good trades and contracts too! That's how we got to the finals in 2011, a combination of our drafter players with great contracts/trades. Just enjoy the ride instead of being mad we're winning.
So why aren't you enjoying the winning? Why do you feel the need to come here and complain about other people?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I wish you guys would just enjoy the entertaining start instead of whining that we're winning. The Oilers have McDavid through tanking, they haven't won a cup. You're not guaranteed to win by tanking alone, you need good trades and contracts too! That's how we got to the finals in 2011, a combination of our drafter players with great contracts/trades. Just enjoy the ride instead of being mad we're winning.

I have some bad news for you.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
I have to give the team some credit for pulling out wins despite injuries to key players. They do look like they have upped the compete factor this year and I'm sure it will lead to wins we would not have got the last couple years. This doesn't change the fact I still want them to lose. I want Benning and his team gone. I want another high draft pick. I'm really worried that Aqua and Benning will look at this start, convince themselves we are playoff bound and trade an asset or pick to try and fix our back end. His trades for D are ugly at best. This year is so crucial to our rebuild and I feel like instead of it being a turning point towards a playoff competing team, we are going to roll back down the hill like the Oilers. (bad management at its finest)

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I don't even know what to say.
Lucky team is lucky on a hot streak. It's not lasting. All these people coming here to rub it in our faces will be wondering what happened when the collapse happens, and I hope they have the balls to admit they were premature and fooled by another Canucks good start.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Lucky team is lucky on a hot streak. It's not lasting. All these people coming here to rub it in our faces will be wondering what happened when the collapse happens, and I hope they have the balls to admit they were premature and fooled by another Canucks good start.

They'll come up with lame ass injury excuses. Or the old "nobody expected them to win this year" bullshit that they've used before.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
We are getting a massive buffer.

I dont think we will be in position for a top 5 pick. Might aswell enjoy Pettersson.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
**** for this trash team to get the point but a loss is a loss.

The way this team played the last 5-10~ minutes of the game is the real Canucks.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
For me the pick is the cherry on top. What i want is another rotten season so Benning is fired.

I truly don't see any way Benning would be dismissed due to performance even if the team lost every single game from here on out.

All three of his major 2018 UFAs have played decent-to-good, his most recent 1st rounders are excelling in the NHL and in college, and even his past mistakes in Virtanen, Eriksson, and Gudbranson are performing well to anyone's expectations.

Unless he actively sabotages the team, recklessly costs the team assets, and forgets to file RFA paperwork, he'll be the one lumbering up the stage to announce the Canucks' draft pick in 2019.

The energy in this thread hoping Benning gets fired would be better spent being more proactive by writing letters to the Francisco Aqualini to convince him sell the team and run for mayor of Vancouver.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
All three of his major 2018 UFAs have played decent-to-good, his most recent 1st rounders are excelling in the NHL and in college, and even his past mistakes in Virtanen, Eriksson, and Gudbranson are performing well to anyone's expectations.

Beagle has played 5 games and Schaller has looked like a minor leaguer. What are you talking about? Roussel has looked okay I guess.

His most recent 1st rounders are excelling. Name me some first rounders from the 2018 draft who aren't. That's why they were first rounders.

It's like if a player doesn't literally fall on his face that's the standard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad