GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Training Camp is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'll admit, I wasn't expecting the 'we're running Najee into the ground' comments to start before a single snap.

Considering he's a rookie and all, no I don't have a problem with him starting the first pre-season game. Now if he's getting consistent touches for too long I'll be annoyed this early on, but when has Tomlin ever used the first-team offense for much of the first pre-season game of a season? Ben not starting just means Rudolph likely gets one additional series.

Legit question btw. My pre-season game intake has been nominal the past few years, but I don't recall Steelers keeping their starters in for much more than a series, maybe a quarter, in the first pre-season game.

Tomlin is one of the few HC who prefers to have a bellcow RB… Why are we risking his body for a game that doesn’t even matter? If anything, it’s clear Najee will be run into the ground thru his rookie contract, which I’m fine with, but it would be nice to try to at least be a little strategic in how we do it.

Reactions: Pengwins

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
The pre-season doesn’t matter at all.

Yes it does. Everyone meaning "everyone" needs reps.

If you hold players out of the preseason, expect lots of injuries after because those players are unprepared for the intensity of the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Almost forgot the Steelers actually play tonight. Oh well, maybe get some idea of how Haskins, Harris, Green, et al are looking. It would be nice to see someone from within the org perform above expectations at CB during some of these preseason games too.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Almost forgot the Steelers actually play tonight. Oh well, maybe get some idea of how Haskins, Harris, Green, et al are looking. It would be nice to see someone from within the org perform above expectations at CB during some of these preseason games too.

tenor.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Harris is already playing too much and it’s only the second series of the first preseason game lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know it’s the preseason but boy do the Steelers look like shit….Rudolph is an embarrassment…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Great. We needed Claypool to injure himself in a preseason game

Reactions: T1K

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Claypool hurt… no one ever give me shit about bitching about starters playing in the preseason again pls

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
can’t believe Harris is still playing to get 4 yard losses behind this crap line in a meaningless game

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Cliff ****ing Harris in the HOF? Cue the video of Jack Lambert abusing him after a Gerela missed FG.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Missed the memo that Boswell wasn’t playing… My preseason fantasy teams not looking so hot. Yes I am a sicko that is already caring about fantasy football

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Rudolph is such a bad QB. I really hope Haskins is good enough to take that #2 QB spot.

Reactions: T1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad