Jan 29, 2004
giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Reactions: ImporterExporter

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Dude is bad so…

He can’t read the field or throw a timing pattern consistently. He’s only good at the deep ball. We’ll need to find another QB, which is why I’m hoping Haskins can improve and at least push someone to take over for Ben.

Reactions: JTG and T1K

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers should be ashamed of themselves if they go into next year with Rudolph as the starting QB

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The hate towards Rudolph might be the pettiest thing I've seen in a long time.

He apparently is great at nabbing smokeshow women though. But yeah, while he's not a starting QB, if people think the rest of the leagues #2's are better or even the majority are better, it just goes to show you how little people actually watch or look at the numbers across the board.

Also highlights (Cole Tucker of the Pirates who is an absolutely bum dating Vanessa Hudgens) that being a pro athlete, no matter how bad you are (relative to your peers), opens the doors to vagina like few other professions can.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It has nothing to do with being petty, he just simply isn’t good. Haskins has so much more upside. I don’t believe our future QB1 is on the roster currently.

Haskins looked subpar yesterday. Not sure what game people were watching. Haskins upside is of a decent backup, which is what MR already is.

If Roth gets knocked out with an injury and the Steelers need an important win, I’m taking MR 10/10 times.

MR at least has respectable stats as a starter, Haskins numbers are god awful - and he earned those numbers, they aren’t a fluke.

Either way, as I wrote before, if either is their starter next season, dark days are ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99 and KIRK

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Haskins looked subpar yesterday. Not sure what game people were watching. Haskins upside is of a decent backup, which is what MR already is.

If Roth gets knocked out with an injury and the Steelers need an important win, I’m taking MR 10/10 times.

MR at least has respectable stats as a starter, Haskins numbers are god awful - and he earned those numbers, they aren’t a fluke.

Either way, as I wrote before, if either is their starter next season, dark days are ahead.

Disagree with you on Haskins’ upside. He clearly has a better arm, showed a willingness to escape the pocket yesterday which we’ve never seen from MR, and in general it seemed like he was making decisions quicker than MR too. Which MR stats are decent? Seems very below average to me, they had to put the training wheels on while he was playing. Haskins sucked in DC, no one is arguing that. It’s why we got him for free in the first place. His biggest issue was maturity and not making football a priority. If he fails here, his career is over. He may never get a chance to be a starter, and I don’t think he should be gifted any kind of role. I just feel he has more upside than MR. He was the 1st QB taken his draft year for a reason. I believe MR was like the 6th or 7th. Agree w/ you that neither should be the QB1 next year. Would rather sign Fitzmagic lol

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Disagree with you on Haskins’ upside. He clearly has a better arm, showed a willingness to escape the pocket yesterday which we’ve never seen from MR, and in general it seemed like he was making decisions quicker than MR too. Which MR stats are decent? Seems very below average to me, they had to put the training wheels on while he was playing. Haskins sucked in DC, no one is arguing that. It’s why we got him for free in the first place. His biggest issue was maturity and not making football a priority. If he fails here, his career is over. He may never get a chance to be a starter, and I don’t think he should be gifted any kind of role. I just feel he has more upside than MR. He was the 1st QB taken his draft year for a reason. I believe MR was like the 6th or 7th. Agree w/ you that neither should be the QB1 next year. Would rather sign Fitzmagic lol
you are putting way too much on the first preseason game imo :popcorn:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Which stats? Career w-l… td-int ratio… QB rating… basically any stat that matters.

Haskins is 3-10 as a starter… why? Because he isn’t very good.

MR has more wins than losses as a starter and even outperformed him yesterday…

Rudolph was 6 for 9 for 84 yards, 9.3 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 96.9. Haskins was 8 for 13 for 54 yards, 5.4 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 70.7.

I don’t get where anyone gets the idea Haskins is better or has more potential…. Especially after yesterday.

There isn’t one shred of evidence there.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Which stats? Career w-l… td-int ratio… QB rating… basically any stat that matters.

MR even outperformed him yesterday…

Rudolph was 6 for 9 for 84 yards, 9.3 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 96.9. Haskins was 8 for 13 for 54 yards, 5.4 yards per attempt and a passer rating of 70.7.

I don’t get where anyone gets the idea Haskins is better or has more potential. There isn’t one shred of evidence there.

I think both are pretty bad and if they are the guys you have to pick from your QB room is probably in trouble

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
How many backup QB's are better than Rudolph? He's an average #2 backup QB.
Some people consider Teddy Bridgewater a starting caliber QB (I don't) and there isn't that much difference between him and Rudolph.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think both are pretty bad and if they are the guys you have to pick from your QB room is probably in trouble

As starters ya.

MR is a capable backup though.

I really hope they don’t have a plan to make one of these guys their starter next season, but Tomlin seems gullible enough to think a guy like Haskins can be his guy.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

MR has more wins than losses as a starter and even outperformed him yesterday…

I don’t get where anyone gets the idea Haskins is better or has more potential…. Especially after yesterday.

There isn’t one shred of evidence there.

W-L isn’t a QB stat, that’s a team stat. MR had all of our starters and Haskins was using backups… Claypool had 62 yards… how much of that was MR and how much of that was Claypool being a beast?

Battle isn’t over, we’ll see who comes out on top.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
you are putting way too much on the first preseason game imo :popcorn:

Can only go off the info we’ve read from camp reports and what has done in a Steelers uni. Stuff that happened in DC is in the past and should have no impact on our evaluation on this team.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
This team is going to be an absolute shit show this year.

Another player wants out? Shocker.

Cmon now him wanting out has nothing to do with the state of the team. It’s because he’s not as good as the guys in front of him and won’t play a lot in a contract year. Not much too it really.

Reactions: Al Smith

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
This team is going to be an absolute shit show this year.

Another player wants out? Shocker.
He wants to get paid. You can’t blame him he knows he is the bottom of the pecking order. He can go to the lions and Saints and be there number 1 wr bears vegas Jacksonville 2nd wr

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
As starters ya.

MR is a capable backup though.

I really hope they don’t have a plan to make one of these guys their starter next season, but Tomlin seems gullible enough to think a guy like Haskins can be his guy.

I don't even really think MR is a capable backup to be honest...but I will say that I think this staff and front office really like Rudolph and view him as the next guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad