GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread - Training Camp is Upon Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Spillane's greatest trait is the reckless abandon he plugs holes with. That hit he laid on Derrick Henry last year was legit. He's great in that situation where he can run down hill to plug holes. But once you ask him him to anything other than that, his effectiveness flies out the window and he becomes a liability.

He’s much more suited to Bince’s role than Bush which is fine, and he’ll likely end up being the #2 there anyway behind Shoebert

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Apparently the following have already been cut

OL Malcolm Pridgeon
TE Marcus Baugh
RB Tony Brooks-James
CB Shakur Brown
CB Lafayette Pitts
S Lamont Wade
DL T.J. Carter
WR Anthony Johnson
WR Matthew Sexton

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I thought Johnson was having a good camp, but they had a lot of good WR there.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Apparently the following have already been cut

OL Malcolm Pridgeon
TE Marcus Baugh
RB Tony Brooks-James
CB Shakur Brown
CB Lafayette Pitts
S Lamont Wade
DL T.J. Carter
WR Anthony Johnson
WR Matthew Sexton

Unfortunate that Shakur Brown couldn't prove his doubters wrong. He was highly graded in this draft.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013

Steelers kicking the tires on Bryce Callahan.

Man that would be a solid CB snag.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Steelers kicking the tires on Bryce Callahan.

Man that would be a solid CB snag.

Broncos have a lot of depth and it’s been rumored he’s on the block, so I suspected Colbert would inquire.

He only has this season left on his deal for around 7-8m I believe.

He is a really good slot guy, his issue is he can never make it through a full season.

Guess 10-11 games with a good slot guy is better than none.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Broncos have a lot of depth and it’s been rumored he’s on the block, so I suspected Colbert would inquire.

He only has this season left on his deal for around 7-8m I believe.

He is a really good slot guy, his issue is he can never make it through a full season.

Guess 10-11 games with a good slot guy is better than none.

yeah, he’s not a $7 mil player though anymore….worth it only if the Broncos retain salary…

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
yeah, he’s not a $7 mil player though anymore….worth it only if the Broncos retain salary…

I have no idea if Denver would be willing to retain, but they have plenty of cap room right now, so I’m not too worried about it.

Always nice to carry excess over to next season, but I don’t see his cap hit as a deal breaker or anything.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008

I think I saw that after accounting for practice squad players and a little cushion in case of emergencies, they have about 6 or 7 million in usable cap space left. And they can add like a million or so with a Boswell restructure.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I think I actually saw him effectively covering Robby Anderson on one play last night, although I think I may have been half asleep at that point. Thank God they picked up Schobert. Let's also hope Bush is fully recovered from his ACL.
that's how it works. the only ones we remember are the ones that he screws up and ends up in our end. all the times he covers a guy no one even sees because it never makes the replays.:laugh: #vote riiky

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I have no idea if Denver would be willing to retain, but they have plenty of cap room right now, so I’m not too worried about it.

Always nice to carry excess over to next season, but I don’t see his cap hit as a deal breaker or anything.
i would waite and see who else might get cut before i would do anything. #vote riiky

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Banner had a setback…not practicing…Chuks to RT and Moore to LT…probably better than Chuks at LT because he sucks…

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
CB Depth would be huge for us.

Honestly moving Chuks back to RT and Putting Moore in at LT seems the right move at the moment.

Banner can't stay healthy.

And Chuks was getting dismantled at LT.

If we have no other option let the rookie play. Hes graded out very well. You're gonna see some mistakes but we seem them from the current vet. So whatever.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I agree. They wanted to season him, which is the right move, but he’s probably the best option. Hopefully he’s a quick learner because LT is gonna be huge to keeping Ben upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad