GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Innocence until guilt is proven applies to the courts and is all too often falsely associated with the public forming an opinion on a news story.

For instance:

OJ was never found guilty of murder yet it is not remotely controversial to believe that he indeed murdered his wife.
That was an opinion formed after a fully televised trial that engrossed the nation. That's far different than forming an opinion at such an early stage in the process.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I just watched around 10 Steelers pass plays, wow.

The Patriots put their hands on every receiver from start of each play and rarely was there not at least one hand on a Steelers receiver at all times.

Blame the Steelers, blame the officials, blame Butler for not employing the same technique.

THEY AREN'T an ALL WORLD D..... THEY HELD ON EVERY PLAY.... yowza

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah the Tillman saga was just awful. Never sure we got the full story either.

Believe Outside the Lines (or something like that) did a really good story about Tillman's decision. Then laid out what actually happened how he was killed by friendly fire.
Then even worse, the government painted it vastly different.

Yikes all around

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Just to change the topic away from antonio for at least 3 seconds.

Apparently Moncriefs dislocated finger is still healing and still hurts... which is why he is having more issues than normal catching the ball.

He took full blame in the interview saying dislocated finger or not... I need to make plays.

My question is... if they know his finger is still affect him catching, why are they playing him, and playing him alot at that???

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
We all should be taught not to put ourselves in compromising positions; and even with being taught that lesson, we all still have lapses in judgement where our lives are altered forever. It's called life, there is a ton of good in the world and there is a ton of evil as well. Justice?

Yep, it’s life. Unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, how much mental/physical energy do you expend daily, protecting yourself from assault? Do you have your keys in your hand walking at night for ex? It would be an enlightening conversation to compare what you do, w the ladies in your life, and what they do. Every day. I know I was enlightened.

This is illuminating too:

Here's A Running List Of Things Women Unconsciously Do To Protect Themselves From Assault

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Apparently Moncriefs dislocated finger is still healing and still hurts... which is why he is having more issues than normal catching the ball.

He took full blame in the interview saying dislocated finger or not... I need to make plays.

My question is... if they know his finger is still affect him catching, why are they playing him, and playing him alot at that???

Cause it worked so well for Sammie Coates

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Yeesh those videos Brown posted of with him and that girl dont look good for the girl.

Browns claiming those were a few months ago. I guess they'll have to find the time stamp when they were recording not just posted on IG.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Ben has been weird towards Washington the entire time and it doesn't make any sense. JW by all accounts is a humble, hard working kid.

The only thing I can think of is that Ben was threatened by the drafting of Rudolph and he ties Washington to Mason. Weird stuff, but Ben is a weird dude.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So many dismissing women that claim to be assaulted by celebs or anyone with money....as "they just want money'..._is what added to those guys thinking they can act that way knowing they could get away with it. And Plenty of women not saying anything knowing there's a great chance they wouldnt be believed...so reliving that hell "and" being called a liar? There's no worse feeling. You lose trust in everything.

All these women that came out the last 3 years or so is proof of that. And so glad they did. Doesnt mean there arent those who lie....but theres investigations for a reason. These days way easier to find things out.

This isnt 1950 and 99% he said she said.

How about Just learning about the situaton before blaming either side? In any situaton....?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I’m not sure why this has veered into a sexual assault discussion, but I’ll just add one thing and then you can flame away.

A LOT of “sexual assault” and “rape” claims come from women who got themselves inebriated to the point where they don’t remember what they were saying or doing the night before. They wake up, something doesn’t feel right, or their girlfriends tell them that she went into a room with some guy at a party, etc. So she then feels as if she was violated while she was in a vulnerable state and reports that she was raped or assaulted. Not necessarily to law enforcement, but eventually the “stats” show up through surveys and studies that claim that 1 in 5 women were raped.

But here’s the problem that I have. In these women’s drunken/high state, they may very well have been flirting and even giving the green light to go much further but they do not remember it. She a drunk guy starts flirting with a drunk girl, they start making out, one things leads to another and they end up having sex. Next day, the guy is accused of rape and his DNA shows up on her and suddenly his life is ruined, all because he thought it was consensual.

Now before someone jumps all over me because you claim that I am in the “she was asking for it” camp, absolutely not. Any man who takes advantage of a passed out woman is a total scum bag and deserves to be castrated. I do with girls wouldn’t put themselves in vulnerable situations by going out and getting so wasted that they are not in control or coherent of what is going on around them, but I’m not saying that they deserved it.

I’m just saying that “stats” can be very misleading, especially when there are no facts to back up these claims.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So many dismissing women that claim to be assaulted by celebs or anyone with money....as "they just want money'..._is what added to those guys thinking they can act that way knowing they could get away with it. And Plenty of women not saying anything knowing there's a great chance they wouldnt be believed...so reliving that hell "and" being called a liar? There's no worse feeling. You lose trust in everything.

All these women that came out the last 3 years or so is proof of that. And so glad they did. Doesnt mean there arent those who lie....but theres investigations for a reason. These days way easier to find things out.

This isnt 1950 and 99% he said she said.

How about Just learning about the situaton before blaming either side? In any situaton....?

Isn't that exactly what people were saying..... most were finding AB guilty. That's the real issue, and that's very dangerous as a society to presume guilt on an accusation.

Reactions: Bingo71

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I do with girls wouldn’t put themselves in vulnerable situations by going out and getting so wasted that they are not in control or coherent of what is going on around them, but I’m not saying that they deserved it.

I do wish guys wouldn’t put themselves in vulnerable situations by going out and getting so wasted that they are not in control or coherent of what is going on around them, but I’m not saying that they deserved it.

It goes both ways though.

And the odds are more people don’t report things for fear of shame or damaged relationships. Yes facts can be deceiving but it’s still an issue to think that only girls can be at fault. Why can’t a guy say no. If a girl is so drunk she can’t stand up why does the guy still pursue it. It shouldn’t be just on her to say I’m to drunk no. He also has accountability to say hey maybe this isn’t right.

Reactions: Andy99

Griffin6612

Jun 28, 2007
I’m not sure why this has veered into a sexual assault discussion, but I’ll just add one thing and then you can flame away.

A LOT of “sexual assault” and “rape” claims come from women who got themselves inebriated to the point where they don’t remember what ........
AB is why this veered so hard. And not flaming here but.

Prior consent isn't consent at the moment of it happening. Drunk people can't give consent in some states I believe. Always play it safe. Don't sleep with some one you don't know well. Get there number and just keep partying and see how they feel tomorrow.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I do wish guys wouldn’t put themselves in vulnerable situations by going out and getting so wasted that they are not in control or coherent of what is going on around them, but I’m not saying that they deserved it.

It goes both ways though.

And the odds are more people don’t report things for fear of shame or damaged relationships. Yes facts can be deceiving but it’s still an issue to think that only girls can be at fault. Why can’t a guy say no. If a girl is so drunk she can’t stand up why does the guy still pursue it. It shouldn’t be just on her to say I’m to drunk no. He also has accountability to say hey maybe this isn’t right.

The bolded is spot on and 100% agree with it

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah it's ridiculous people go there. Like the rich and powerful that are accused and also guilty weren't actually guilty just because they were rich? If brown is innocent then we will find out. But someone that has evidence and proof of some of the stuff she said happens does not paint a good picture.

Reactions: Griffin6612

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The bolded is spot on and 100% agree with it
We live in a world where a dude can go to a woman's instagram or Facebook, take her pics and post it on another platform to stare at or take pics of women in tight pants without their consent and at the gym and it's ok.

That is so f***ing beyond not ok it makes me want to punch people the f*** out. My gf quit a gym and went to an all ladies one. She didn't want to tell me because she knew what I would do. Which is what I ended up doing, I went to the gym and tore the gym manager a new one.

A lot of guys just don't f***ing get it. Women should never have to feel unsafe. The Dave Chappelle backpack analogy is a perfect example of how paranoid women must feel walking alone. I can go for a walk late at night and not worry. But a woman can't. We act like we're moving in the right direction but we aren't. Even after all the stuff that went down, we're just airing dirty laundry but not having an educational discussion about it.

On the flip side. A man should never fear being falsely accused and seen as guilty before proven innocent.

Reactions: Griffin6612
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad