GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I wouldn't call this an employer/employee relationship. She seemed to be a contract employee, hence she had a choice not to accept such work. In fact she requested and altered the terms in which she wanted to work with him (getting a hotel, etc)

Not excusing the behavior if true, just clarifying the power disparity is not the same as a manager/subordinate

Well, I disagree with that...it's still the same power disparity whether she's contract employee or not...you always have a choice to leave your job unless your employment is a long term contract...maybe she didn't have a lot of options to find other jobs, especially ones that paid as much...and if she's supporting an invalid mother too...she shouldn't have to be forced to choose between making money and having his **** on her back regardless of the employment relationship...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I’m not sure how many women you know or which have been forthcoming with you, but I can assure you from what I’ve learned over my lifetime, that women being sexually assaulted by a man and remaining friends is sadly quite common.

None of what she says seems strange or fishy to me, but actually quite consistent with many stories I’ve known where things continued to escalate because the woman was too trusting and believed the mans BS.

I’ve had those I love on both sides of these equations so you won’t ever see me cast out guilt on anyone.

Ie we have a huge scandal right now at my daughters school with a priest accused of sexual assault and most parents have flipped out, but I’m not going to pre-judge this man and have made that quite clear to my wife.

I’ll reserve the same sentiment for AB or any other individual being accused.

We all should be taught not to put ourselves in compromising positions; and even with being taught that lesson, we all still have lapses in judgement where our lives are altered forever. It's called life, there is a ton of good in the world and there is a ton of evil as well. Justice?

Sexual assault is a tough one. It's hard for a victim to prove and it's almost tougher for the accuser to defend, at least in the court of public opinion. But for society to get all #believe.... well that's scary, because it will open up a Pandora's box of injustice.

There was an ex football player who just went on trial recently where the was video of him pulling a women back in room naked repeatedly. He was found innocent.... with video.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We all should be taught not to put ourselves in compromising positions; and even with being taught that lesson, we all still have lapses in judgement where our lives are altered forever. It's called life, there is a ton of good in the world and there is a ton of evil as well. Justice?

Sexual assault is a tough one. It's hard for a victim to prove and it's almost tougher for the accuser to defend, at least in the court of public opinion. But for society to get all #believe.... well that's scary, because it will open up a Pandora's box of injustice.

There was an ex football player who just went on trial recently where the was video of him pulling a women back in room naked repeatedly. He was found innocent.... with video.

Yep, It's very hard for the DA to win sexual assault cases as most of them involve issues of consent or lack thereof and it's usually a credibility fight and many times the alleged victim has credibility issues that can be used against him/her...with the burden of proof being beyond a reasonable doubt, conviction rates are low...but that doesn't mean--just because they can't legally be proved sufficiently to justify putting someone in jail for decades--that many of these allegations aren't true...they are...that's why at a lesser burden of proof many victims will pursue civil litigation where he/she just have to show that it's more likely than not that an assault occurred...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Ya I saw that video... think it was an NBA guy though wasn't it? The video didn't come out until after the trial I think... not sure if double jeopardy would apply since there is new evidence... Andy would probably know that better than me though.

All I know is I'm not someone else's judge, unless I'm literally on a jury. but seeing a loved one get railroaded by the system will always make it difficult for any prosecutor to approve me during that process anyway.

While I withhold judgement about guilt, I've seen enough of these situations happen to high profile atheletes and Tyson is one of the only few I can remember in a he said, she said situation to go to jail. Guys like Sharper who admit their guilt are a different situation obviously.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ya I saw that video... think it was an NBA guy though wasn't it? The video didn't come out until after the trial I think... not sure if double jeopardy would apply since there is new evidence... Andy would probably know that better than me though.

All I know is I'm not someone else's judge, unless I'm literally on a jury. but seeing a loved one get railroaded by the system will always make it difficult for any prosecutor to approve me during that process anyway.

While I withhold judgement about guilt, I've seen enough of these situations happen to high profile atheletes and Tyson is one of the only few I can remember in a he said, she said situation to go to jail. Guys like Sharper who admit their guilt are a different situation obviously.

Double jeopardy attaches...unless they find a new crime based on the video, and even then they’d have to shown the video was newly discovered and they wouldn’t have been able to find it earlier...

Sharper, like Cosby, had many victims so it’s a lot harder to say, “whoops, I thought she consented.”...also when you drug women, it’s hard to argue consent...lol

In situations where the defense is consent (not, I never had sex with that person) to a single victim, and there’s no witnesses except the victim, the DA’s odds of a conviction are pretty low...same thing with domestic violence cases where it can be one person’s word against the other and the physical evidence is not determinative

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Well, I disagree with that...it's still the same power disparity whether she's contract employee or not...you always have a choice to leave your job unless your employment is a long term contract...maybe she didn't have a lot of options to find other jobs, especially ones that paid as much...and if she's supporting an invalid mother too...she shouldn't have to be forced to choose between making money and having his **** on her back regardless of the employment relationship...

But what I stated is what his attorney will certainly attempt to portray: she had a choice, she was there consensually, why would she think she has power to dictate the terms of a professional conduct but not persona/relational, etc.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Double jeopardy would apply unless the elements of a new crime were there. THAT is why there could be theoretically be a civil case while the DA is still gathering evidence.

There are strict rules and deadlines in civil and criminal cases, however there are constitutionally and statute guaranteed protections to those accused of crimes which can make a case move much more quickly. Meaning if you are the DA you want to have your ducks lined up as much as possible before bringing charges.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
But what I stated is what his attorney will certainly attempt to portray: she had a choice, she was there consensually, why would she think she has power to dictate the terms of a professional conduct but not persona/relational, etc.

****, we lawyers will argue any inference that appears reasonable based on the circumstances...that’s our job...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lol @ Bill already having to deal with non stop questions about Brown.

If they dont go to Superbowl this year and then end their run...will be known as the "Curse of the Big Chest" . Will be worse than the Bambino trade

Watch him have a record setting year yet they end up choking in playoffs ....few drops by him , or a fumble ..etc. Doing something the Pats just dont do in clutch time.

They're all excited now...on paper looks great but they always win when they dont look like they have the talent. The year they had Moss? Record setting offense..lost. Had Aaron Hernandez with Gronk...two TEs the league couldnt stop...lost. Tho i will say that was only a few years..no doubt he would have made them even more dominant if that never happened. Those two on the same field would have embarrassed the league for a decade.

Anyway...they win with Hogan dominating...Branch in the past....Troy Brown before that. OchoCinco didnt win. Moss didn't. Brown wont. If he even makes it that long

I love that this is the first time theres not that " Pats will fix him" now that this came out. Theyrr gonna have to deal with this all year if they keep him. And already traded Demayrius Thomas a day before it did. They'll keep him.

Last edited:

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
So it sounds like he sent some texts that could possibly be incriminating.... one mentions something he did to her while she was sleeping (which would then mean it was not consensual.) The other one says at one point that "you made me feel like a rapist." Also sorry if typing that out violates any site rules.... Any chance those could be incriminating?

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Lol @ Bill already having to deal with non stop questions about Brown.

If they dont go to Superbowl this year and then end their run...will be known as the "Curse of the Big Chest" . Will be worse than the Bambino trade

That's gonna be really confusing to future sports fans.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So the latest:

But Brown's agent believes him and the 10% commission has zero to do with his defense of this honorable man. He has daughters! (remind me, did Bill Cosby have daughters?).

Meanwhile the Patriots say nothing to see here, Antonio is practicing with the team. Then abruptly ends the press conference because of too many Brown questions.

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I'm a little tired of the Pats/AB talk.... let those cheaters burn in hell.

Can we get back to discussing the dumpster fire that is our coaching staff?? Nah... nothing new there to uncover.

I'll simply post pictures of our coaches:

keithbutler-miketomlin-steelers.jpg

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Classic Belichick press conference. He says just enough to avoid any discipline from the league for dodging media availability obligations, but answers nothing unless it's related to special teams, Navy, lacrosse, Lawrence Taylor, or great fullbacks from the 1950s.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So the latest:

But Brown's agent believes him and the 10% commission has zero to do with his defense of this honorable man. He has daughters! (remind me, did Bill Cosby have daughters?).

Meanwhile the Patriots say nothing to see here, Antonio is practicing with the team. Then abruptly ends the press conference because of too many Brown questions.

He even says Brown knew this lawsuit was coming...

Drew Rosenhaus: Antonio Brown will be cleared

Yet Dodgy Drew refused to say if the Pats knew ahead of time about this.

Ok.

Either the Pats knew or Brown hid this from them, which I can't imagine would make the Hoodie too happy.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Figured with it being 9/11, this video is haunting as hell. Listen to what he says at the end... damn.

Man.... I won't go into it here, but there is a lot of sadness, BS and sacrifice wrapped up in the Tillman story. Great man who was killed, one of few deaths of people I didn't personally know that shook me to my core.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Man.... I won't go into it here, but there is a lot of sadness, BS and sacrifice wrapped up in the Tillman story. Great man who was killed, one of few deaths of people I didn't personally know that shook me to my core.

When he says “what sacrifices did I ever make” my blood went cold.

Just felt with a selfish prick like Brown dominating headlines today, a true hero needed to be remembered, especially on 9/11.

Reactions: KIRK and John Titor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad