GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The victim has a meeting scheduled with the NFL next week.

As for the debate the past few pages, in my opinion it is getting way off base. People are turning this into a general issue rather than specific.

A woman should not be held to be more credible in a he said she said than a man just because she is a woman.

I definately believe that the PC way of dealing with this has gone too far and there should be better protections of due process in places like universities.

But that is not this case.

In this case we have a long history of the individual accused being a self centered Ahole for whom raping a woman is right in the wheelhouse of his actions, especially the past few years. Throwing a chair off a balcony and almost hitting a child is just the worst of behavior that shows that he does not give a damn about anyone but himself and is entitled to take whatever he wants and there are no consequences. His enablers surrounding him will take care of it.

AB is not a poster child for the excesses of places like universities.

So does AB deserve the standard innocent until proven guilty? Sure, if there is a criminal case.

However does he deserve the benefit of a shred of doubt from me given his attitude and past behavior?

No, I already have judged him and am 99 percent of the way to finding him to be guilty in my mind because I can so see him doing this.

Last edited:

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Mods here are a joke. You do not delete posts under the guise of bogus rule breaks because something said offends your sensibilities. Grow the f*** up

Reactions: John Titor

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

As for the debate the past few pages, in my opinion it is getting way off base. People are turning this into a general issue rather than specific.

A woman should not be held to be more credible in a he said she said than a man just because she is a woman.

I definately believe that the PC way of dealing with this has gone too far and there should be better protections of due process in places like universities.

But that is not this case.

In this case we have a long history of the individual accused being a self centered Ahole for whom raping a woman is right in the wheelhouse of his actions, especially the past few years. Throwing a chair off a balcony and almost hitting a child is just the worst of behavior that shows that he does not give a damn about anyone but himself and is entitled to take whatever he wants and there are no consequences. His enablers surrounding him will take care of it.

AB is not a poster child for the excesses of places like universities.

So does AB deserve the standard innocent until proven guilty? Sure, if there is a criminal case.

However does he deserve the benefit of a shred of doubt from me given his attitude and past behavior?

No, I already have judged him and am 99 percent of the way to finding him to be guilty in my mind because I can so see him doing this.

Good post. The pattern of behaviour is why a lot of people have a hard time being impartial about this. If he didn't make it his purpose to be this person that feels persecuted without understanding the ramifications of his attitude and actions, people might believe him. But no one does. Outside of Pats fans.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Good post. The pattern of behaviour is why a lot of people have a hard time being impartial about this. If he didn't make it his purpose to be this person that feels persecuted without understanding the ramifications of his attitude and actions, people might believe him. But no one does. Outside of Pats fans.

As pointed out in this just published Washington Post opinion piece:

Before we ever get to whether he raped her, his own words in the texts sent were as misogynistic (and a painful assault to language) as you could get.

Coupled with the racist use of 'Cracker' (imagine if the N word was used how fast that player would be suspended) last week, and ADMITTING in the texts to masturbating on the victim's back while she was asleep.

I mean do we even have to get to whether he raped her or not to suspend him for things he has already admitted or been shown to have done?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As pointed out in this just published Washington Post opinion piece:

Before we ever get to whether he raped her, his own words in the texts sent were as misogynistic (and a painful assault to language) as you could get.

Coupled with the racist use of 'Cracker' (imagine if the N word was used how fast that player would be suspended) last week, and ADMITTING in the texts to *********ing on the victim's back while she was asleep.

I mean do we even have to get to whether he raped her or not to suspend him for things he has already admitted or been shown to have done?

Washington post have an agenda

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Brown is a jerk.

Whatever.

Now...back to the real debate....

Honestly, can the Steelers even win more than 5 games this year?

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I do wish guys wouldn’t put themselves in vulnerable situations by going out and getting so wasted that they are not in control or coherent of what is going on around them, but I’m not saying that they deserved it.

It goes both ways though.

And the odds are more people don’t report things for fear of shame or damaged relationships. Yes facts can be deceiving but it’s still an issue to think that only girls can be at fault. Why can’t a guy say no. If a girl is so drunk she can’t stand up why does the guy still pursue it. It shouldn’t be just on her to say I’m to drunk no. He also has accountability to say hey maybe this isn’t right.
Never said only girls were at fault. I was just saying that I wish more girls would not put themselves in certain situations like going to a frat party alone and getting so shit faced that they don’t have control and don’t know what happened.

And YES, I wish guys would be intelligent enough to not allow themselves to get so wasted that THEY don’t have control and do things they shouldn’t be...

That’s my biggest issue with drugs and alcohol bu that’s a whole other discussion. I never understood why people want to get so blasted that they can’t even remember what went on the night before. Why do people want to allow stimulants to control their actions instead of controlling themselves? I guarantee that the vast majority of rape/assault incidents stem from people being inebriated and I just don’t get it.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
AB is why this veered so hard. And not flaming here but.

Prior consent isn't consent at the moment of it happening. Drunk people can't give consent in some states I believe. Always play it safe. Don't sleep with some one you don't know well. Get there number and just keep partying and see how they feel tomorrow.
Totally agree.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

The punishment he gets depends what year of the NFL we are living in.

2010 Ben gets suspended SIX GAMES based on some stories and very shoddy evidence. No criminal charges filed, but the Nevada chick eventually did file a civil suit (like this woman with AB is doing)

2014 Ray Rice gets an entire year after the video leaks where he cold cocks his woman. Note the NFL HAD this tape in their possession for a long time. But once that vid got out and the public saw there was major outrage

So I guess I'll amend my answer here. It depends how much and how intense the negative media coverage is on the NFL. If it gets really bad, they'll cave to the public. If it's blown over by the media, then they'll say "we'll need to investigate, it just happens our investigation lasted the entire season"

Note the Patrick Chung thing. Haven't heard much about that right?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

What about Kraft this offseason? Gordon being banned for life if he fails another drug test and fails like 2 more after that? Pedelman being Super Bowl MVP. All their players failing for PEDs. QB playing at age 42 and isn't aging one bit. Clearly on something. Chandler Jones with Gronk running around naked outside a police station. Oh no worries, it was only legal K2 and he can play in the playoffs. Hernandez . Spygate. Deflategate. Former players telling Peyton and Dungy they bug lockerrooms at home. Our headsets magically not working in Foxboro. They bug play calling rooms too. Circumventing the cap and paying players under the table and doing things like they did with AB. The constant love from the refs.

When does it stop?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The punishment he gets depends what year of the NFL we are living in.

2010 Ben gets suspended SIX GAMES based on some stories and very shoddy evidence. No criminal charges filed, but the Nevada chick eventually did file a civil suit (like this woman with AB is doing)

2014 Ray Rice gets an entire year after the video leaks where he cold cocks his woman. Note the NFL HAD this tape in their possession for a long time. But once that vid got out and the public saw there was major outrage

So I guess I'll amend my answer here. It depends how much and how intense the negative media coverage is on the NFL. If it gets really bad, they'll cave to the public. If it's blown over by the media, then they'll say "we'll need to investigate, it just happens our investigation lasted the entire season"

Goodell's NFL has always been inconsistent, haphazard, and knee-jerk with punishments.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Goodell's NFL has always been inconsistent, haphazard, and knee-jerk with punishments.

He has been pretty consistent in letting the Patriots get away with almost everything and only minimal punishment if any at all for transgressions which would get players and coaches on other teams lifetime bans.

I am certain that Kraft being his buddy who got him his job has zero to do with it.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I see everybody questioning me about Metcalf and Moncrief fan boys have quietly disappeared. Moncrief can't catch the ball, let alone stretch the field. While Metcalf had 4 catches for 89 yards and a long of 42 in his 1st game of his career. Sure couldn't use that.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Kind of
He's been consistent with the amount of media backlash and heat. That means significant punishments

Look at Bountygate. Your average soccer mom (because I think that's his bellweather) was appalled that such things were going on "they were giving players incentives to HURT people???" <clutching pearls>

But that kind of thing has been going on since when I played HS football. The coaches would say stuff like: "I"ve got a free Big Gulp (our school was down the street from 7-11) for whoever does X, Y, or Z"
X Y Z generally meant laying the biggest hit of the game, recovering a fumble, knocking out an opposing player, etc.

So I could only imagine what went on inside College or NFL lockerrooms. Heck Goodell knows this as he played ball himself. Yet he has to feign outrage at such tactics.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

I'm going to give Montcrief another game or 2 before declaring him a sucky player
From what I know about him he wasn't known for having the case of the dropsies. So yes, he should still be the #2

But Switzer should not be taking snaps in lieu of Washington, that much I DO know.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm going to give Montcrief another game or 2 before declaring him a sucky player
From what I know about him he wasn't known for having the case of the dropsies. So yes, he should still be the #2

But Switzer should not be taking snaps in lieu of Washington, that much I DO know.

Moncrief and Washington will make their plays deep, not concerned about it. As was explained, but ahem, went over certain people’s heads, the biggest issue is the slot, where JuJu lined up a ton last season.

Now they have Switzer there, and like someone said to me once quite perfectly... he’s like a wannabe NE white guy receiver, but they run like chipmunks and he runs like a groundhog.

For this offense to keep flowing, Johnson or someone else has to emerge in the slot... their offense is predicated around it.

Reactions: KIRK

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Moncrief and Washington will make their plays deep, not concerned about it. As was explained, but ahem, went over certain people’s heads, the biggest issue is the slot, where JuJu lined up a ton last season.

Now they have Switzer there, and like someone said to me once quite perfectly... he’s like a wannabe NE white guy receiver, but they run like chipmunks and he runs like a groundhog.

For this offense to keep flowing, Johnson or someone else has to emerge in the slot... their offense is predicated around it.

This team could easily be a base 3WR set/Ace Personnel and line up Juju in the slot most times

Juju, Mont, Washington. Vance at TE

Opens up a ton of running lanes for Connor.

I don't want to see Switzer on the field unless it's 3rd down. I don't hate the guy and you need those true possession receivers to know where the chains are. But he should not be seeing significant snaps in this offense (or any NFL offense)

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Just to get things straight here....
If Brown if found guilty and suspended for these accusations of when he was a Steeler, do the Steelers have to give back the Raiders what they gave for him and the same for the Pats with the Raiders?
I mean I find it odd that the rumors come out now that he was traded to the Pats and didn't come out before when he was traded to the Raiders. Why wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad