GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
As an attorney, I can tell you that many women are embarrassed, fearful of losing jobs, going public or not being believed at the time an assault takes place,particularly if it’s one person’s word against another. Once she waits many months to get up the courage, her credibility to secure the DA a conviction is shot. If she changes her mind a year later, it’s too late for criminal prosecution where’d they’d need to obtain rape kits, dna evidence etc. This is her next legal option...

And some women make crap like this up for a multitude of reasons.....

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Very rarely when naming the perp.
Made up accusations are usually v strangers yes for a multitude of reasons such as I don’t want my folks to know my boyfriend might have gotten me pregnant. And so on.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
She passed a lie detector test. Of limited admissibility in court however in judging her credibility as some are doing now certainly reason to give her the benefit of the doubt. Especially when combined with AB's history.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Yes, a few, but no reason to presume that from the outset...just because she’s seeking money from him (as payback or punishment), which is her only controllable legal option, doesn’t mean she’s lying...

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So after a guy splooges on your back and you are upset about it, you meet up with him AGAIN?

Does not compute

And I hate AB

You know, relationships are complicated...why do many abused people return to their abuser in relationships? Usually it’s a power dynamic....Didn’t she need him for money? Wasn’t he her employer?

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
You know, relationships are complicated...why do many abused people return to their abuser in relationships? Usually it’s a power dynamic....Didn’t she need him for money? Wasn’t he her employer?

Wasn't this woman engaged at the time too? What kind of "relationship" did she and AB have?

And I feel icky for spinning a defense for AB, but those are realistic questions one must ask before casting judgement on the accused here.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So after a guy splooges on your back and you are upset about it, you meet up with him AGAIN?

Does not compute

And I hate AB

Using bad judgement doesn’t mean she was “asking for it” though.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of women overlook things like this and give men the benefit of the doubt way too often, multiple times. That’s how these situations escalate because many women want to believe they could trust these guys.

These types of guys then start becoming even more empowered to do what they want once they know what they can get away with. Some start small by testing the waters to see what the woman will let him do to her, then it eventually turns to rape.

I know all kinds of women, from very strong personalities on down the line, who had things escalate on them in a similar manner. These men turn their trust agt these women, and it’s f***ed up.

Even myself, I trusted good friends who stabbed me in the back multiple times, apologized profusely to me, and I kept giving them chances until enough was enough. You simply don’t want to believe someone you trusted and cared for can turn on you...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wasn't this woman engaged at the time too? What kind of "relationship" did she and AB have?

And I feel icky for spinning a defense for AB, but those are realistic questions one must ask before casting judgement on the accused here.

Just saying, don’t cast judgment on her either...it’s very common for women to return to abusive situations usually because of power disparities...she was employed by him...doesn’t mean the allegations are untrue...

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Yes, a few, but no reason to presume that from the outset...just because she’s seeking money from him (as payback or punishment), which is her only controllable legal option, doesn’t mean she’s lying...

Actually we are supposed to presume innocence correct? I hate this new world where we don't do that.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Actually we are supposed to presume innocence correct? I hate this new world where we don't do that.

Innocence until guilt is proven applies to the courts and is all too often falsely associated with the public forming an opinion on a news story.

For instance:

OJ was never found guilty of murder yet it is not remotely controversial to believe that he indeed murdered his wife.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Using bad judgement doesn’t mean she was “asking for it” though.

Lots and lots and lots and lots of women overlook things like this and give men the benefit of the doubt way too often, multiple times. That’s how these situations escalate because many women want to believe they could trust these guys.

These types of guys then start becoming even more empowered to do what they want once they know what they can get away with. Some start small by testing the waters to see what the woman will let him do to her, then it eventually turns to rape.

I know all kinds of women, from very strong personalities on down the line, who had things escalate on them in a similar manner. These men turn their trust agt these women, and it’s ****ed up.

Even myself, I trusted good friends who stabbed me in the back multiple times, apologized profusely to me, and I kept giving them chances until enough was enough. You simply don’t want to believe someone you trusted and cared for can turn on you...

I can respect your take

I think everyone has been a victim of giving a person too many 2nd chances. But to me there's a major divide between "someone hurt my feelings/disappointed me" and "someone sexually assaulted me" (because splooging on someone's back is indeed that)

That's what I cannot comprehend at all in all of this.

But both individuals involved seem shady AF. For me it's reasonable to believe that both of these individuals are fabricating stories- they are not mutually exclusive conclusions.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Just saying, don’t cast judgment on her either...it’s very common for women to return to abusive situations usually because of power disparities...she was employed by him...doesn’t mean the allegations are untrue...

I wouldn't call this an employer/employee relationship. She seemed to be a contract employee, hence she had a choice not to accept such work. In fact she requested and altered the terms in which she wanted to work with him (getting a hotel, etc)

Not excusing the behavior if true, just clarifying the power disparity is not the same as a manager/subordinate

Reactions: John Titor

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Well Andy’s our resident attny, so what’s your take on AB basically confirming he j***zd on her back and mocking her for it....is that not an admission of sexual assault? In public/social media forum? I’m no lawyer, just wondering the extent of AB’s stupidity with those IG/texts....

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Innocence until guilt is proven applies to the courts and is all too often falsely associated with the public forming an opinion on a news story.

For instance:

OJ was never found guilty of murder yet it is not remotely controversial to believe that he indeed murdered his wife.

Ok, but people are asking for AB to be punished at his work before being found guilty of anything. Funny, I remember this same thing happening to our QB a while back and I had the same reaction.... BS!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I can respect your take

I think everyone has been a victim of giving a person too many 2nd chances. But to me there's a major divide between "someone hurt my feelings/disappointed me" and "someone sexually assaulted me" (because splooging on someone's back is indeed that)

That's what I cannot comprehend at all in all of this.

But both individuals involved seem shady AF. For me it's reasonable to believe that both of these individuals are fabricating stories- they are not mutually exclusive conclusions.

I’m not sure how many women you know or which have been forthcoming with you, but I can assure you from what I’ve learned over my lifetime, that women being sexually assaulted by a man and remaining friends is sadly quite common.

None of what she says seems strange or fishy to me, but actually quite consistent with many stories I’ve known where things continued to escalate because the woman was too trusting and believed the mans BS.

I’ve had those I love on both sides of these equations so you won’t ever see me cast out guilt on anyone.

Ie we have a huge scandal right now at my daughters school with a priest accused of sexual assault and most parents have flipped out, but I’m not going to pre-judge this man and have made that quite clear to my wife.

I’ll reserve the same sentiment for AB or any other individual being accused.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well Andy’s our resident attny, so what’s your take on AB basically confirming he j***zd on her back and mocking her for it....is that not an admission of sexual assault? In public/social media forum? I’m no lawyer, just wondering the extent of AB’s stupidity with those IG/texts....

Jaded is an attorney too I think...I mean his actions on her back are only a sexual assault if nonconsenual, so his admission of doing it is irrelevant unless he also admits it was unwanted in some fashion, and that depends on definition of that under FLA law...

I'm a criminal defense attorney, so I actually defend people like AB...I'm taking the other side because I would say in my experience a huge portion of these allegations are true in some respect, and there's a lot of grey involved around consent issues...but if he outright denies doing anything even consensual to her, and there's evidence in social media or forensic evidence to the contrary, than that's pretty damning...

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Ok, but people are asking for AB to be punished at his work before being found guilty of anything. Funny, I remember this same thing happening to our QB a while back and I had the same reaction.... BS!

Ehh the language in his contract talks about conduct detrimental or public disparagement of team members, mgmt and so on and on. That nullifies all bonuses. I wonder if Pats are considering cutting him.

And same notion applies to BB. His conduct was certainly detrimental to the team, a violation of his contract. No language in the contract required him to be found criminally guilty of anything. Though, props to Ben for having off duty PASTs in his traveling posse! Thus the bar video tape was mysteriously over-written, and the Clorox Fairy came along overnight and scrubbed the bathroom such that DNA tests could not be taken!...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->