GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Tomlin takes 1 quarter to embarrass us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
My problem with Mike Tomlin goes all the way back to his first year as coach. You could make a legit argument he was hugely responsible for a home playoff loss to the Jags, let me explain.

With just under 10 minutes left, the Steelers scored a TD to pull within 5 points. Tomlin decides to go for 2 to make it a 3 point game. I nearly crapped the bed, my thought is you only go for 2 when you NEED to with under 5 minutes to go. Why? because multiple scores can happen and usually do. Ok, I'm not here to argue this logic, it's his call even though I disagreed with it. They throw a fade and Ward makes an awesome catch... SUCCESS. Sadly an official makes a terrible non-existent holding call and wipes out the play. NOW... NOW there is only one option. Take the point and move along. Does Tomlin do that???? Dear God.... please keep me from my head exploding once again.... NO.... No Mikey T decides to go for 2 from the 12. He doesn't understand this point may be valuable, he doesn't understand that 4th and goal from outside of the 10 is one of the lowest % chances to score in the sport.

Obviously they don't convert.

Moving along, the Steelers score again and NOW Tomlin sees the folly of decision. He once again goes for 2 and fails, the Steelers now lead by 1. Fast forward to the Jags kicking a long FG for the win and me smashing my favorite Super XlV mug into thousands of pieces........

After the game, a young daring report asked Tomlin about the decision to go for 2 to pull within 3 with 10 minutes left, Tomlin has no clue what the reporter is asking about and talks about the 2nd decision to go for 2, paraphrasing "we wanted to make it a FG for them to tie". When the reporter once again asked about the earlier decision to go for 2 from the 12 yard line........ Tomlin now rocked and reeling from his mistake having been exposed says this...

"man everyone has that chart, it's just baseball"

Video below:
1st 2 point decision at 1:37:35

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
This will be a back and forth. She says she has emails.

He says he has his own emails/texts saying it was consensual.

He is claiming he also has texts proving she only wants his money to help fund a business she wanted him to invest in that he said no to.

Hes on the Patriots now this will get tossed.

Reactions: domaug

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

5UWliGY.jpg

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I tried google translate first and failed.

This guy gave it the old college try though.

I can't tell if it's a ****ed up translation or just a ****ed up dude (AB, not the translator).

If it were a criminal prosecution I think he could cop an insanity plea.

Reactions: John Titor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad