OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers, Pitt, PSU, Montana, and yes...Oklahoma State too for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I call it not having good situational awareness. Next.

Your opinion of the rules are irrelevant to a discussion of the rules. No matter how much you wish it to be, the rules exist as they are written.

What I can't grasp is how you think you are correct when the only way you could be correct is if the hit took place in an alternate dimension where you dictate the rules in nfl football.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
If we are going to go man card measuring regarding old school this and that in hockey and football why not remove the pretense, give the players mallets and tell them to hit each other over the head until unconscious?

The rules have been changing because huge percentages of players in both sports are dying younger than they would have from cumulative head trauma. That hit is the kind of thing that they need to, and have been actively trying to, remove from the game if there is going to be a game in ten years. If that makes me a wuss for saying it, then so be it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
JUJU suspended

F goodell

As was the Bengal's player for his hit.

'#Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster & #Bengals S George Iloka have each been suspended 1 game for violations of safety-related playing rules.'

I am not going to complain, players need to be protected from themselves. And as I said if these issues are not dealt with there will not be a game in ten years.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
A world full of pansies. Both in mind and body my friend. No other way to put it.

You can play a sport hard and tough without knocking people unconscious.

I am 6'4", have played lacrosse and rugby, hit people very hard hundreds of times and not once did I knock anybody out or even strike somebody's head and that is because I was not trying to hit them in the head.

You have nothing but petty insults about the manhood of anybody who disagrees with your viewpoint.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Doesn't make me wrong. Burfict wasn't looking the other way. He wasn't hit from behind. JuJu tagged his ass from his front side. That's ****ty situational awareness bub. And given it was Burfict, I'm not surprised.

Yes it does, BY RULE, he was considered a defenseless player. NOBODY cares what your personal definition of that phrase is.

Reactions: Griffin6612

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Doesn't make me wrong. Burfict wasn't looking the other way. He wasn't hit from behind. JuJu tagged his ass from his front side. That's ****ty situational awareness bub. And given it was Burfict, I'm not surprised.
You are wrong about the rule. Fact.

Your opinion of what the rule should be is completely meaningless. Fact.

You can beat your chest all day, but it doesn't mean anything. Congrats on being tough. Nobody cares.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
It would be bad if Juju was suspended and not Iloka but with it being both, it’s the just the league actually doing what they should in these cases for once. The real issue and why this is even a big story and debate is the inconsistency and arbitrary way the NFL handles this plays in general. Do this in every case consistently and it’s no longer much of a storyline and at least has a chance of making an impact on the game.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
You are wrong about the rule. Fact.

Your opinion of what the rule should be is completely meaningless. Fact.

You can beat your chest all day, but it doesn't mean anything. Congrats on being tough. Nobody cares.

Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld.gif

Reactions: TNT87 and Ogrezilla

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd accept the Juju suspension if it wasn't the same length as Gronks. Gronk targeted a players head after the play, while out of bounds, while on the ground, AND the guy has a concussion. That should be 2-3 games easy, but yet it's the same 1 game suspension as Juju.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009

Well that settles it :laugh:

Yup, I know nothing about physics which is why I don't understand why Juju's shoulder striking Burfict's chest drove his tightly secured helmet 6 inches upwards.:laugh:

Yup. You definitely don't know what you're talking about.

1. Helmets are not so secure that the only way to move them is through a strong helmet-to-helmet hit.
2. You can certainly move someone's helmet by hitting them hard in the chest. The whiplash on top of the force from hitting the ground are more than enough to do the trick.
3. The point of contact being the chest on a non-defenseless player = a legal block. Incidental helmet contact is completely irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad