OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Stillers, Pitt, PSU, Montana, and yes...Oklahoma State too for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
making it safer. There is no reason that you need to hit people in the head on a block like this. It in no way hurts the game to require JJSS to block him without hitting his head.

The game will always be dangerous, but it can be less dangerous.

Semantics.

There is no reason to play the game of football. People choose to play, and by doing so they accept what it entails and the risks involved. That's the entire point. Besides, you cannot throw a block like that safely to yourself without your helmet being somewhat involved.

JuJu did not hit Burfict in the head, he hit him in the chest which caused some facemask contact. If that blow had been to the head, Burfict would have been out cold.

If the game is too violent for you then don't watch.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Mods, Just curious....how much inane back and forth on one thread before some posters get a time out?
Good God.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
making it safer. There is no reason that you need to hit people in the head on a block like this. It in no way hurts the game to require JJSS to block him without hitting his head.

The game will always be dangerous, but it can be less dangerous.
I don't agree with Kesselmania, but it is almost impossible to deliver a hard block like this without there being some helmet to helmet contact.

1) I believe in a downfield situation like this, all blocks below the waists would be illegal- so that is 50% of the body.

2)Both players have large helmets making it easier for their heads to come into contact with something. When a player is hit in the chest or stomach, their head will fall fowards due to physics, making it likely that their helmets will collide. This is why it's important to determine if the head was the primary point of contact.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I was unable to post during the game because I was watching it about 45 minutes behind on my DVR.

After Shazier went down intially I just wasn't into the game at all. It was extremely tough to watch especially not knowing what was going on.

But I had a feeling the Bungles were going to Bungle. It happens all the time. It's inevitable.

How can you not love JJSS though? Even with everything that went on in last nights game. I don't think the block had any initial effect other than to block, 10 years ago we would all be cheering that same block like crazy, but different times. He did hit him a little high and it was borderline crack back but I understand the call. Standing there after the block would have been one thing but what makes it look so much worse is that he stepped into him to stand over him. He deserved that penalty.

All in all the supreme talent of the killer B's saved us again along with the Bungles Bunglilng.

Reactions: TNT87

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
How many posts until some ones called a snowflake?

You used it first....plus Tyler Durden already outlined we're not special. Snowflakes we cannot claim to be.

It's this simple. 10 years ago, next to nobody is decrying that block as something worthy of suspension. Fact. And 10 years ago, I at least, knew football was very dangerous. I'd wager all of you did as well. So what gives? The end result is the death of sporting events like football because people are told rather simplistic realities and then have been sensitized against the realities they've always known. It's pure rubbish.

As Kessel said it's certainly not evolution in a free thinking, positive manner. We're being indoctrinated by various news conglomerates and "experts" on what is acceptable as a society. Free speech has been greatly curtailed as time moves on to protect sensitivity and feeling, which is ironic because feeling is directly impacted by the censorship poisoning the world.

George Orwell was a genius.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Omg. Headshots in football are now a free speech issue. I have heard it all.

:biglaugh:

Seriously pathetic. I can guarantee you people who usually have that mindset, are probably this biggest p***yes. They always are.

Nonetheless.. we are going to take a time out, create a new thread, and hopefully knock that macho attitude off.

Reactions: Griffin6612
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad