Friedman: Canes likely moving on from Necas.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
can see a few teams interested like Nashville, Islanders. Can see the Bruins wanting him since they need centers.

i can also see Vegas and Dallas being interested in him.

Dallas got some aging players, and Vegas got some of their guys rotating out of the line up.

Last edited:

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
can see a few teams interested like Nashville, Islanders and Bruins who needs centers.
Islanders don't need centers they have
Horvat, Barzal (winger now but can still play C), Nelson, Pageau, Cizkas (better as a winger now) and MacLean. But I do think if Lou trades our 1st it'll be for a young foward like Necas

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Mad respects to the Canes though, for making this decision and just wanting to move on from him. Good gms make tough decisions. they wouldn't want a maple leafs type situation like them with Marner. good for them.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Conroy will be heavily involved here. I think he’d be a perfect fit for Huberdeau. I don’t know if it will go anywhere but there will be a significant push.

• Haha
Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
What’s with the obsession with Dundon? He’s spent to cap consistently since the 19-20 season. If Necas goes, it’s a hockey decision o

What’s with the obsession with Dundon? He’s spent to cap consistently since the 19-20 season. If Necas goes, it’s a hockey decision only.
Well isn't it obvious. He struck gold with Kotkaniemi and now he's getting rid of the excess trash. Duh.

• Haha
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I suspect the cost is prohibitive from Carolina but what would Carolina want from the Sharks for him?

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I still think a deal around Ehlers could make sense for both sides.

The Ducks said they are looking for a right handed top 6 winger, so I can definitely see them having interest. My personal offer would be EDM 1st (likely pick #24) + LaCombe. The Ducks will not be the best trading parter for CAR if the Canes are looking for an immediate big NHL impact in the return, but LaCombe is a young LHD with second pair upside. And they can always flip the 1st if they want.
I’d give them Ehlers, Pionk and Lucius for Necas and a 2nd

Last edited:

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Necas will be the 10 million dollar man. I don't see the Habs taking a run at him. He will be hitting his late 20s and early 30s by the time we want to compete.
He is NOT getting 10M...if he does, I feel sorry for that team. He's a good player but not at 10M

can see a few teams interested like Nashville, Islanders. Can see the Bruins wanting him since they need centers.

i can also see Vegas and Dallas being interested in him.

Dallas got some aging players, and Vegas got some of their guys rotating out of the line up.
Isles would be interested but would need to know what he wants regarding a new contract. I'm not paying him 8-9M. If that's what he wants, we pass.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Canes fans, what's your scouting report on him?

One of the league’s premier puck rushers. His go to move is swooping in his own zone and attacking the line with speed. He finished 3rd behind MacKinnon and McDavid in 22+ MPH bursts in the regular season.

He’s not as skilled as those two obviously. So, when he’s successful, nothing happens more frequently. Because he touches the puck so much, he’s prone to mishandling it. Those mistakes are very visible.

When he’s not feeling it, he can be a liability defensively. Offers little physicality in either scenario.

Overall, a very good player with some warts. With the right linemates and consistent 1st unit PP time, a point per game is a real possibility. 100 point center being held back by Carolina’s system, not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad