The Pittsburgher Thread - Steelers/Football talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Best-case, worst-case scenarios for all 32 NFL teams | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Best-case: Big Ben is gone and the rebuild commences

Worst-case: Big Ben gets restructured and other free agents like Bud Dupree and JuJu Smith-Schuster are prioritized over Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton

The best-case scenario here isn’t going to occur. Ben Roethlisberger ranked 25th of 33 quarterbacks in passing grade on 10-plus yard throws in 2020 — and he'll be back on a restructured deal. Even with an altered contract for Big Ben, Pittsburgh will still have little cap space to work with, so it’s important they allocate what they have to cornerbacks Mike Hilton and Cameron Sutton over guys like Bud Dupree or JuJu Smith-Schuster. Sutton and Hilton combined will cost nearly three times less than Smith-Schuster and generated 2.5 times more WAR combined than the wide receiver in 2020. As for Dupree, the two corners generated six times as much WAR than the pass-rusher and will also cost less.

Most rational people realize the best option for the Steelers is for Ben to move on. Whether they have the guts to force it to happen...I highly doubt it sadly.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Maybe the Canada hiring was another passive-aggressive way of trying to get him to retire so they don't have to cut him.

Or maybe the Canada hiring was because no real higher caliber offensive coordinator or coordinator in waiting would want any part of the Steelers organization.

Or perhaps both.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Or maybe the Canada hiring was because no real higher caliber offensive coordinator or coordinator in waiting would want any part of the Steelers organization.

Or perhaps both.

And why if true?

The Clown/Rooney Tunes show has built up a reputation the last 15 years on how they treat coordinators. Like forcing people to retire when they aren't ready to retire one example, but that's public knowledge.

Internally behind closed doors is anyone's guess. My theory has been the coordinators have to take the role of head coach too so you have double or triple the work. Least attractive job in the league

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
And why if true?

The Clown/Rooney Tunes show has built up a reputation the last 15 years on how they treat coordinators. Like forcing people to retire when they aren't ready to retire one example, but that's public knowledge.

Internally behind closed doors is anyone's guess. My theory has been the coordinators have to take the role of head coach too so you have double or triple the work. Least attractive job in the league

That 'our vaunted defense got Tebow'd but the real problem is that our coordinator doesn't yell at Roethlisberger like Bill O'Brien yelled at Brady' take was an all time classic. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Hungamania

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Rudolph might suck at playing football, but the guy gets at it off the field.

tenor.gif

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Damn. He was pretty good too, I remember he opened the scoring with a long TD catch from Rivers in the ‘08 divisional game @ Heinz for the Chargers.

Yeah he did. I was at that game (being a Charger fan I try to go anytime they come to Pittsburgh) and it went pretty downhill after that play lol. Santonio Holmes had a huge punt return for a TD shortly after that V-Jax TD grab

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah he did. I was at that game (being a Charger fan I try to go anytime they come to Pittsburgh) and it went pretty downhill after that play lol. Santonio Holmes had a huge punt return for a TD shortly after that V-Jax TD grab

I was up in the nosebleeds in the end zone where Santonio made that circuitous return. It was so weird to watch it from that perspective.

Anyway, it's always sad to hear about guys passing so young.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Rudolph had at least one low odds pass completion last year.

That is Tennis Pro Eugenie Bouchard.

Ebron apparently commented "BDM" and I think the M is either for Mason or Move but the BD part of the acronym is clear.

Ben commented "I'm still nofap but I'll make an exception here." That last one was made up.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I mean... the Steelers were legitimate SB contenders for all but about a few 8-8 seasons from 2004-2020 and won 2x, but he’ll trash them to no end.

I think it would be different for us Steelers fans if they won one more in the 2010’s. Plus some of the toxic personalities on the team. But even then, the big guy will play heel.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I mean... the Steelers were legitimate SB contenders for all but about a few 8-8 seasons from 2004-2020 and won 2x, but he’ll trash them to no end.

I think it would be different for us Steelers fans if they won one more in the 2010’s. Plus some of the toxic personalities on the team. But even then, the big guy will play heel.

Who said what? It looks like the tweet got deleted

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
He accidentally put “you can win forever” instead of “you can’t win forever”, he corrected

Steelers going to 3 and winning 2 Super Bowls in 15 years is way tougher than what the Pens did. Pens should have won a lot more too. Maybe if he spent 1/10th of the energy he spends on Steelers players on how bad Letang is instead of making excuses for him. They should have a minimum of 5 Stanley Cups. Two generational talents at C. Arguably Top 5 players for most of their careers and only won 3. They won 1 without the dead weight too.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He accidentally put “you can win forever” instead of “you can’t win forever”, he corrected

With the Penguins nothing he said is wrong.

The Steelers: No..winning 2 in the last 16 years isn't bad even if they left some on the table. That part of it is a small portion of the problem. The main issue is the team is run by amatures and he knows it, alot of us do. This is why they deserve to get trashed.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

The Steelers: No..winning 2 in the last 16 years isn't bad even if they left some on the table. That part of it is a small portion of the problem. The main issue is the team is run by amatures and he knows it, alot of us do. This is why they deserve to get trashed.

It’s hard not to fear for the future of this org with Tomlin and Art running things... if Colbert checks out before they can draft another franchise QB, I’ll have zero faith in Tomlin/Art choosing the right guy.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Steelers going to 3 and winning 2 Super Bowls in 15 years is way tougher than what the Pens did. Pens should have won a lot more too. Maybe if he spent 1/10th of the energy he spends on Steelers players on how bad Letang is instead of making excuses for him. They should have a minimum of 5 Stanley Cups. Two generational talents at C. Arguably Top 5 players for most of their careers and only won 3. They won 1 without the dead weight too.

Pucker up @SouthGeorge .... @Kristopher Letang loves you too.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It’s hard not to fear for the future of this org with Tomlin and Art running things... if Colbert checks out before they can draft another franchise QB, I’ll have zero faith in Tomlin/Art choosing the right guy.

How many quarterbacks did they go through over how many years between Bradshaw and Rothlisburger? Each more forgetable than the last. I looked it up one time. It is a sickening list, and surprising how long it is.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Penguins did too. Went back to back. Then dummy comes back. Up a goal in the 3rd of Game 5 to the Stanley Cup winners. Dummy goes for a line change while the Caps have possession at their blue line and breaking out. Leaves the whole middle of the ice open for a breakaway. Game, series, and season over. Should've been a 3peat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese